14th March 2012, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IITs or NITs having scored less than 50% in 12th class?

sir m i eligible for iit's or nit's as i hav less than 60% marks in class 12?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BCA from any NIT, IIT or NIIT?
  2. What is the procedure to get the admission details after B.E? Fee structure and the admission schedule?
  3. What can I expect from my score 34.39 marks in GATE CS if I am from SC category? Can I get into IITs or NITs?
  4. Is there any scholarship to get admission in NITs or IITs or any other Government institution? -- [New]
  5. Procedure to apply for an internship in IIT's or NIT's or any other companies?
  6. Number of seats for the candidates of OBC category for M.Tech course in IITs and NITs?
  7. Which all NITs or IITs offer Nanoelectronics? Study material to prepare for GATE?
  8. Admission to IITs or NITs after 38 marks in GATE CS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to appear for AIEEE to get admission into NITs having scored 56% in 12th class and 46% in PCM being a candidate from SC category?
  10. Am I eligible for any universities, NITs or IITs after scoring 3467 in GATE? Can I get in Osmania University in Hyderabad?
  11. How much percentage is needed to get admission in a good government college?
  12. What is the procedure of admission in M.Tech(Mechanical)?
  13. Can I get IITs, NITs or DCE after scoring 573 in GATE, 2434 in electronics and communication engineering? I have scored 98.6 percentile
  14. How can I get admission in IIT after completing 10th? I have completed diploma in mechanical with 80%
  15. How much score is needed to get into IITs, NITs?
  16. In which college would I get a seat after scoring 32.6 marks in GATE?
  17. Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility
  18. What condition would be better for me to be Professor in IITs and NITs?
14th March 2012, 10:32 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IITs or NITs having scored less than 50% in 12th class?

If you have less than 60% marks in 12th then you are certainly not eligible of admission
in any IIT because a candidate with less that 60% marks can't even apply for IIT-JEE
which is the one and only way to get admission in undergraduate courses at IITs.

If a 12th appearing student qualifies the test (IIT-JEE) and get less than 60% marks in +2 then
his/her candidature will fail at the time of counseling/admission.

In NITs, there is no such provision because this AIEEE didn't put any 12th percentage restriction.
So, you can get admission in NITs if you get a valid rank in AIEEE and you get a seat in
an NIT through AIEEE central counseling.

www.aieee.nic.in
14th March 2012, 11:03 PM
anlakshmi

Default Re: Am I eligible for IITs or NITs having scored less than 50% in 12th class?

Sorry my dear friend you are not eligible for IIT or NIT .For iit a candidate should be 12 th pass with science stream. In science he should have physics, chemistry and math’s .In physics, chemistry and in maths a candidate should have at least 60 percent. Then only a candidate is eligible for IIT. As you said that you have score only 50 percent it is less than 60 percent .So you are not eligible. Try for other completions’.
Best of luck.
14th March 2012, 11:12 PM
iGenius

IIT have a boundation of 60% minimum for general and 55% for sc/st candidate.
IIT and NIT both have difference.NITs are filled according to the merit list based on AIEEE exam but IIT have their own exam known as IIT-JEE.
15th March 2012, 08:55 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Sorry, you are not eligible for IIT and NITs as they are the most esteemed colleges in India. The admissions for a student scoring 60 % in 12th is not possible. as they pick the best minds from the country .
15th March 2012, 01:32 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
If you score less the 60% marks in 12th board then you are eligible for N.I.T But Not eligible for I.I.T.

For I.I.T minimum 60% marks is require for general category.
For ST/SC minimum 55% marks is require.

Both I.I.T-J.E.E, A.I.E.E.E is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria for A.I.E.E.E:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

GOD LUCK!
25th March 2012, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

sir .. I wana knw that if i nt get 60% marks in pcm but over all percentage 60. I am eligble for iit -jee 2012 or nt??
8th April 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

my gate score is 171 and i am sc community candidate. is it possible to get admission in any NIT's in india?
11th May 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i can't make to get even 50% in PCM then what should i have to do in life...nothing is clear..parent are not even talking to me ,i lost their trust even..Yes ofcourse its my fault...that i didnot study....but the time goes..what should i do now..horrible thought are playing with my mind..gonna crazy in sometime..very disapointed..
PLZ HELP
8th June 2012, 11:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IITs or NITs having scored less than 50% in 12th class?

Dear Student,
As you had told that you had secured less than 60% in Class 12, so you are not eligible to appear in entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE.

Because eligibility criteria of these exams is that:
A student can appear in this exam if he had scored at least 60% or above marks in PCM.
Sorry, to say but you can't appear in AIEEE and IIT-JEE which are gateways to NITs and IITs respectively.

However, you can appear only if you again appear in Class 12 examination to attain good percentage.
9th June 2012, 11:03 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

I am afraid to say that you are not eligible for IIT's or NIT's.

It is because IIT's demands a minimum of 60% at +2 level and AIEEE demands for a minimum of 50% at 10+2 level.

But you can try for the state entrance exams because most of the state's eligibility criteria is 45% marks approximately.

So you will be eligible for a number of exams.

All the best
10th June 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

i have got 55% in cbse and score 118 in aieee gen. category(air rank 75660)
can i get admission in any nit?
10th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

i got 55% in cbse and scored 118 in aieee gen. category(air rank 75660)
10th June 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

sir I, have scored 59% in 12th nd obtained 44 marks obtained AIEEE AND i AM BELIONING FROM genral category so sir now may I got admission in any NIT'S of INDIA....
15th June 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i apply for aieee exam with 63% in 12 but 40 marks in maths
15th June 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i apply for aieee exam with 63% in 12 but 40 marks in maths
17th June 2012, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i got overall 59%marks in 12th class.now can i eligible for GATE test after b.tech?
17th June 2012, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,i got 59%overall marks in 12th(non-medical)class and65%marks in b.tech(c.s.e).may i eligible for gate exam and for p
placement in good companies?i am in huge tension regarding my future.plz reply me.
16th July 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 70%marks in class12 this much marks is valid for iit ,according to new syllabus of iseet
27th July 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for IIT or NITs having scored less than 60% in b.tech
i want to do m.tech in IITorNITs
31st July 2012, 08:13 PM
ab7777

Quote:
i got 55% in cbse and scored 118 in aieee gen. category(air rank 75660)
Hi friend

NITs are National Institute of technology which were started by the government as a premier institution for the purpose of enhancing the quality of technical education in our country.
These are considered to be the best colleges after IITs and BITS Pilani overall.
The entrance is through AIEEE which is conducted by CBSE and held in april-may every year.

The AIR required for admission in any of the NITs for a general category student is atleast 15000-17000 or close to 220 marks (cut off). With your rank and score it is impossible for you to get admission in any of the NITs this year.

You can take admission in any of the good local colleges in your city or take a study drop for a year and prepare well for AIEEE and other competitive exams to get admission in a good college.

Good luck
31st July 2012, 08:25 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Sir i have got 70%marks in class12 this much marks is valid for iit ,according to new syllabus of iseet
Hi friend

ISEET stands for Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. It is a new proposed examination which is being brought to reduce the stress of engineering aspirants who have to give several entrance exams for different colleges.

ISEET will have two parts, Main and Advance, each of three hours duration. Both tests will be given on the same day, between 10 am and 5 pm.

A student's performance in the Class 12 Board exam will be considered, with the weightage not less than 40 per cent of the total score. The combined weightage for ISEET Main and Advance will not be more than 60 per cent; however, the weightage given to Board scores can go up to 100 per cent.
Each state government or institute will be able to decide the specific weightage it gives to Board, Main and Advance exam scores

It has been proposed that only 1.5 lakh students will be eligible for the JEE advanced exam. These 1.5 lakh students will be chosen on the basis of board exam marks of a candidate. The top 20 percentile students will be eligible for this exam. Since the exam has not been held yet, there are no exact figures on what board percentage will be enough for students to be eligible for the mains. But there are several people who estimate that the 12th board percentage required should be about 85% .

So with your 70% it could happen that you dont get to sit for the JEE mains. But you should not worry much because most of the IITs are not taking part in this process and are preparing for an independent exam on the lines of the previous JEE. So your eligibilty will depend on how things shape up in the comng months and if ISEET gets passed or not.

Good luck
31st July 2012, 11:10 PM
rch91

Quote:
As per eligibility criteria of IITs you are certainly not eligible for IIT even if you have cleared your IIT exam as your percentage is quite low then required.Minimum percentage required for IIT is 60%.
But yes you are eligible for NIT as there is no restriction in case of NITs for 12th exam scores.
20th September 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 59.8% 10th & 55.555 in 12th and also ST can i apply m-tech nit
21st May 2013, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have got 72% marks in PCM and about how much marks should i get in iit-jee main to qualify for iit jee advance.
21st May 2013, 05:28 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that after passing 12th with less then 60% marks you are eligible for N.I.Ts but not for I.I.T.

For I.I.T you have to score minimum 60% marks.
For N.I.T you have to score minimum 50% marks.

5% Relaxation is given for ST/SC candidate.

For admission you have to qualify exam like:-
> All India Engineering Entrance exam
> I.I.T-J.E.E

In there exam you have to score high rank so that you get admission in top engineering college.

ALL THE BEST!
27th May 2013, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

If I have secured 74% in cbse board 2012-2013 am I elligible for jeemain in 2014?
18th July 2013, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

sir , i got just 57%in pcm (ISC board marks) and over all 65% ... my jee mark is 92.. do i have any chance of getting nits or bits... please email me to reply .. ([email protected])... THANK YOU ..SIR.......
21st July 2013, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

sir, i got 50% in pcm group and over all 47%.sir am i elligible for nit.....
17th August 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

my 12th board% is 74%. approx how many marks in jee mains 2014 require to got addmision in any nit
31st August 2013, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 59.2% in cbse board and 57% in pcm can i be able to give aieee and score better rank. Plz mail me at [email protected] plz sir plz
31st August 2013, 07:24 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institute of Technology are considered the finest colleges in India for Bachelor of Technology course. Therefore its no surprise that you also want admission in them.

Coming to your question, the mark of 12th standard play some role in getting you admission but there is no marks criteria. Admission for IITs and NITs is given through the entrance exam called Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).

This is replacement of All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) and Indian Institutes of Technology - Joint Entrance Exam (IIT-JEE). From 2013 onwards these two exams have been discountinued and replaced with JEE.

There is no marks criteria to appear for JEE. However it does not mean that your marks in 12th standard will not play any role at all. There are two stages of Joint Entrance Exam.

1) JEE Mains - It is replacement of AIEEE. Which means that to get admission in National Institutes of Technology, you will have to clear this exam. The better your rank is, more chance of getting admission in NIT.

But the ranking of JEE Mains is not merely done on the basis of your performance in the written test. But the marks in 12th standard are also given weightage.

2) JEE Advanced - You only have to give this exam if interested in taking admission in Indian Institutes of Technology. Otherwise you can simply apply for admission after clearing JEE Mains.

To appear for JEE Advanced, you should end up inside the top 150,000 rank in JEE Mains. Only the top 150,000 are allowed to appear for JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. You must first complete 12th standard.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be the subjects.

3. Diploma holders are also eligible to apply.

4. There is no marks criteria.

5. You should be less than 25 years old to apply.

6. Relaxation is 5 years for the SC/ST.
31st August 2013, 08:53 PM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for IITs or NITs having scored less than 50% in 12th class?

Dear Friend,
As you had told that you had secured less than 60% in Class 12, so you are not eligible to appear in entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE.

Because if a student can appear in this exam if he had scored at least 60% or above marks in PCM.

Sorry, to say but you can't appear in AIEEE and IIT-JEE which are gateways to NITs and IITs respectively.

However, you can appear only if you again appear in Class 12 examination to attain good percentage.

Good Luck
Thanks
14th May 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 65% in board and 26 marks in jee mains........and sc ....so i can get Nit or Govt. colleges
5th August 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I scored below 50% in 12th Science, and im pursuing B.Sc CS. I have no KT, am i eligible for interviews and for seeking job ?
6th August 2014, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 56 %in 12th...and I am sc by caste.... My I eligible for iit
t??
2nd May 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir I belong to st category and I score 46 marks in jee mains exam..I expected only 65 above marks in 12 class board ..... Can I eligible for any nit institution
2nd May 2015, 12:22 PM
rishab mittal111

IIT and NIIT are the high standard and very popular colleges and anybody wants to take admission on it. As you mention above that in your 12th class you have less than the 60% marks.

Now i am clear you that you are eligible only for the jee-main exam by which you take the admission only NIIT. IIT admission occure on the basis of the jee-advance exam.

And only those students are eligible for it who have more than 60%marks in 12th class.

Sooo, you are eligible for only NIIT. Thanks!!!!
29th May 2015, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 65% in 12 and have a pcm aggregate of 50%.I am now preparing for jee can I get admission in a good college with placement?
16th June 2015, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I have little different question , I have more than 60% in my B.E but 54% in 12th . so now if i scored good numbers in GATE am I eligible to get admission in M.Tech in IIT or NIT
20th June 2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir am eligible for IITs or NITs my bord mark is 60 % and my jee mark is 43
18th November 2015, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

My overall 12th percentage is 67 & pcm score is 59 am i eligible to give jee main entrance test
3rd May 2016, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

I belongs to general category. I have secured 50.33% marks in 12th science(2014). if I secured above the cutoff marks of jee main (2016)then I am eligible for take admissions in NITS or not..
22nd May 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I scored 91% in 12th and 105 marks in jee mains so am I eligible for nit colleges?
25th May 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my 12th state boards score is 61% n in one subject in my pcm group my aggregate is less than 50% but my pcm score is above 50% aggregate may I'll be getting nit college in 2017 as I'm repeating this year ??? Pls tell me ...
8th November 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I got 67% in class 12 so can i get admission in any nit college? Give me full informaratin
13th May 2017, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir I scored 63% in board from all the subject but I got 55% from PCM. can I get nit colleges for civil engineering.
30th May 2017, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 53 % in 12th board but i secured 61% in pcm should i eligible for 2018 jee mains. If yes then if i clear jee main 2018 then should i eligible for jee advance 2018. Please guide me.
31st May 2017, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

sir I have scored 71% in 12th cbse and cleared jee mains but I have scored 37 in maths but good mark in physics and chemistry and computer science and I want to study CSE further can I get admission in NIT ?
27th May 2018, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir I qualify jee mains and I am a SC student but I scored 61% in 12 can I get NIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?