15th August 2017, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NDA after completion of 12th commerce stream?

Am I eligible to join NDA after completion of 12th commerce stream? Can you please guide me with the right details? What are the minimum criteria required? Am I eligible if I belong to commerce stream or not? Can someone please answer me? Thank you!

17th August 2017, 09:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA after completion of 12th commerce stream?

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining NDA you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized university. But if you want to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force then you must have pursued Physics and Mathematics at your Class 12th level.

* You must satisfy the physical requirement norms as notified in the notification released for the same examination.

So it is evident that even after completing your Class 12th with Commerce stream you will be eligible to appear in NDA entrance examination but to join Indian Army wing only.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
17th August 2017, 03:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Commerce stream candidates are eligible for National Defence Academy but for Indian Army only. In case of Navy and Air Force, mathematics and physics is compulsory.

The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

The third criteria is that you should be unmarried male Indian citizen.

You will have to appear for written test and Service Selection Board for final selection.
17th August 2017, 05:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, commerce candidates are also eligible to join NDA.

But wings are limited for Commerce candidates.

As they lack Physics and Mathematics in 10+2, so they can apply for Army wing of NDA only. Air Force and Navy wing of NDA are for PCM candidates only.

NDA is commenced by UPSC every twice.

For NDA, you may refer books like:

Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Aggarwal, R S|Author;
Released: 1990
Publisher: S.Chand Publishing
Price: Rs.450

NDA/ NA 10 years Topicwise Solved Papers (2006-2015) 3rd Edition (English) (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Disha Publication
Price: Rs.405

STUDY PACKAGE FOR NDA (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Released: 2012
Publisher: Mcgraw Hill Education
Price: Rs.505
17th August 2017, 07:27 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear in examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.

Candidates after qualifying in both stages of examination will be eligible for final selection in Indian Army.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy 12th with Science ( PCM ) is mandatory. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th August 2017, 08:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream you are eligible to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) to serve as a commission officer in Indian Army only as for other two wings of NDA i.e; Indian Navy or Indian Air force you need to have completed your Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.

Further to join NDA you need to compete NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Test followed by SSB interview.

Also for appearing in the same examination, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years in addition to the educational qualification mentioned above. You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement.

For more detailed information NDA entrance examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?