31st January 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam if passed 10th in CGPA format? Class 10th result is taken into consideration?

Well actually i have passed class 10th exams of cbse board in 2015 with 9.4 cgpa. So tell me that whether am i eligible for any kind of nda exams? I know it is after 12th but whether my 10th will be considered or not.

31st January 2016, 04:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if passed 10th in CGPA format? Class 10th result is taken into consideration?

According to me you are eligible to apply for NDA examination if you have passed 10th in CGPA format. Actually 10th class certificate is a proof of age where as marks of 12th are taken into consideration while admission in National Defence Academy.
31st January 2016, 05:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if passed 10th in CGPA format? Class 10th result is taken into consideration?

There is no need to worry if you have done your 10th in the format of CGPA. Class 10th certificate helps in showing your age proof where as percentage of 12th class is taken into consideration while selection in National Defence Academy.
So, according to the eligibility criteria you are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
31st January 2016, 05:46 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.10th class exam marks will not taken in consideration for NDA.

Eligibility for NDA 2016 Exam
- You must be indian citizen.
- Age Limits : Your born not earlier than 02nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2000 are eligible.
Educational Qualifications
For Army Wing : You must have completed bachelor's degree in any stream.
For Navy & Air Force Wing : You must have completed bachelor's degree & completed 12th with PCM as main subjects.

NDA 2016 Online Application Registration
- Apply online at website:- www.upsconline.nic.in
- Fill up Online Application.
- Upload the scanned Photograph , Signature & Thumb Impression.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Submit the Applicaton.
- Keep application print for your reference.

NDA Exam Dates
- Notification Date - 02/01/2016
- Closing Date - 29/01/2016
- Exam Date - 17/04/2016

NDA Exam Syllabus
The exam will be divided into papers : Paper I (Mathematics) Paper II (General Ability Test).

General Ability Test will be further divided into two parts that include English and General Knowledge.

Mathematics
Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Different Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different Equations, Vector Algebra and Statistics & Probability.

English
The English paper will be designed to test students’ proficiency in the languages with verbal reasoning and usage of grammar.

General Knowledge
The GK paper will include subjects like Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
31st January 2016, 05:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for National Defence Academy examination after completion of 10+2 from a recognized board, no matter whether there is percentage system of marking or CGPA at 10th board level.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Candidate who has passed 10+2 or appearing for board exams are eligible to appear for NDA exam. For Navy and Airforce, you must have studied science stream consisting of subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male Indian citizens can apply.

You will be eligible to apply for NDA exam in 2017 if you appear for 10+2 board exams in 2017.
31st January 2016, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same academy is meant for providing necessary education and training to those who are interested to become defense officer and manages to clear NDA entrance examination.

NDA entrance examination is held twice every year which are known as ( NDA I and NDA II ) by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination the minimum qualification which you must have are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male applicant with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your higher secondary school degree with any discipline from a recognized institute. But if you want to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force then your academics must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

You do not have to be worried about the marks distribution pattern / format in Class 10th as eligibility is based on the higher secondary education level.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 06:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for National Defence Academy exam:

1. Minimum qualification: 10+2 from a recognized board. Board appearing candidates can also apply for exam.

2. Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Marital status: Unmarried male only.

You will be eligible for NDA exams when you will appear for board exams or after it. NDA is conducted by UPSC two times every year.
31st January 2016, 06:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, now you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. But you are eligible to appear for examination after 10+2.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years with relaxation in age for reserved category. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 06:23 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

The minimum qualification required to join NDA is 12th class. Now you want to know whether your 10th exam is considered or not. So let me tell you yes, your 10th class result is taken into consideration. Candidate who are appearing in 12th class also eligible to apply for the exam. They are required to submit the proof of passing 10th and 12th class at the time of selection. Apart from this candidate must have also fulfil some other eligibilities which is as shown:
1) Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal.
2) Candidate must have completed or appearing 12th class.
3) Candidate must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy.
4) A Candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
5) Candidate age must not exceeded 19.5 years.
31st January 2016, 07:33 PM
pabolu srivalli

Yes of course you are eligible for the NDA with 10th grade in CGPA also,but all you need to do to appear for the NDA exam is first appear for the Inter after your 10th only the candidates who pass 12th or appearing for finale examination are only eligible to appear for the NDA

So,take up your 11th in any of the stream in which you have interest and the NDA is conducted for three different types of selections such as
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air force
  • Indian Army
These are the three different types of recruitment which are available in NDA and this can be appeared after the 12th pass only

You should have done 12th with Maths and physics to appear for the Navy and Air force and for Army any of the discipline are eligible
31st January 2016, 07:40 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To get eligible for NDA you need to complete minimum 12th from the recognized board. And also you should have completed 12th with Maths, Physics and chemistry with minimum 70% of marks.

And also you should have to fulfill some requirements.

>> Age should be in these limits .

-- Minimum Age : 16 1/2 years

-- Maximum Age : 19 years.

>> 12th candidates can also eligible to apply for NDA.

NDA is the exam conduced by UPSC twice in every year.
31st January 2016, 07:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and you are eligible to appear for examination after 10+2.

No, there is no any advantage of having better aggregate in 10th or 10+2 board examination in appearing or qualifying in NDA examination.

As selection in examination is through written and SSB conducted by UPSC twice every year. The detail information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 07:57 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts NDA examination twice in a year in month of April and September.
Eligibility to appear in NDA examination are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must be of age 16.5 to 19 years of age
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate examination or appearing in the year of examination with science stream having Maths and Physics.
-Only unmarried are eligible.

While filling NDA form, only marks obtained in 10th board examination is necessary and for CBSE candidates, they need to write in CGPA as 9.4 CGPA or multiply the required CGPA by 9.5 to get approx percentage marks and mentioned that.

Candidates need to fulfill all eligibility criteria to appear in NDA examination.
So,you will be eligible to appear in examination in the year of appearing in 12th boards examination.
31st January 2016, 09:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i have passed class 10th exams of cbse board in 2015 with 9.4 cgpa. So tell me that whether am i eligible for any kind of nda exams? I know it is after 12th but whether my 10th will be considered or not.
No, 10th qualification is not allowed for applying for the NDA exam. The NDA exam is one of the defence service exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year. This exam is conducted for candidates to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Some of the eligibility criteria's which you need to satisfy in order to apply for the exam are:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years.

# Candidate who is unmarried and male is only eligible for applying.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate who has completed +2 from a recognized school board of education is eligible for applying. In the case of applying for joining in Indian Air Force or Navy then candidate need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subject.

# The most important criteria is the physical standard criteria and candidate who satisfies this are only eligible.

Candidates are selected through:

-> Written Exam
-> Interview

For more information regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2016, 10:56 PM
vkgasp

NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. NDA exam is conducted to join Indian Air Force, Navy and Air force.

You can not apply NDA exam after 10th standard.

Minimum qualification is 12th standard from a recognized university.

Education Qualification:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university.

Appearing in examination is also eligible for NDA exam.

Science stream for Indian Navy and Indian Air force

Any stream for Indian Army

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview
31st January 2016, 10:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for National Defence Academy exam is:

*Candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing for it from a recognized board.

*Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

*Female candidates are not eligible, only unmarried male can apply for exam.

*Candidate must be mentally and physically fit.

You are eligible for NDA exam but first you must complete 10+2. CGPA has nothing to do with NDA eligibility.
1st February 2016, 12:56 PM
pariyo ki rani
Member+

It is better for you and your future if you completed our 12th and after completing 12th you are eligible for many post.

But if you completing our graduation then you choose many of these following option:-
Indian Army,Navy,Air Force,Railways,BSF,CRPF etc.

The application form of NDA is received through online.

visit WWW.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?