30th September 2015, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam in other subject than in Master degree?

Sir,
I Have completed MCA from Amity university through correspondance course. I Want to appear in Net exam in subject other than computer subjects. I have done B.sc(Zoology).

30th September 2015, 04:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam in other subject than in Master degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I Have completed MCA from Amity university through correspondance course. I Want to appear in Net exam in subject other than computer subjects. I have done B.sc(Zoology).
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for UGC NET exam but you can apply only in Computer Application subject.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
30th September 2015, 04:55 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
If you are interested in NET exam then you have to complete your Master degree from recognized institute. You have mentioned that you have completed your B.SC in Zoology so yes you can apply for NET exam in Zoology but only after completing your M.SC degree in Zoology. Having only B.SC degree will certainly not help you to apply for NET/SET exam. One more information I would like to add here that is you need to score minimum 55% in your Master degree to apply for NET exam if you belong to general category and 50% is the minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC category.

You can visit the official website of NET for more information: cbsenet.nic.in/
31st August 2021, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Master's in Management studies and have worked for almost 10 years and now I would like to appear for NET exam in Women's studies. Is it allowed? will it have any negative implication in my application status? Please let me know
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?