8th June 2017, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET UGC exam after scoring 58 percentage marks in MA English?

A candidate gets 58% in MA in english from jadavpur university but has no honours in english in graduation level. Whether he is eligible for net exam in ugc? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
9th June 2017, 06:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET UGC exam after scoring 58 percentage marks in MA English?

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

In present time this examination is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam:

1. Master' degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

2. You need to have at least 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET examination.

You can apply for NET examination with 58% marks in master's degree in English.
9th June 2017, 09:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET UGC exam after scoring 58 percentage marks in MA English?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same is a national level test held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of Assistant Professor and joining JRFs in various universities approved by UGC.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NET is a Master's degree with 55% marks ( in anyone subject out off the lists of subjects available on official link which includes English too) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So having completed your MA in English with 58% marks from Jadavpur University which is a UGC approved by university you are certainly eligible for appearing in NET even not having English at your graduation level as for appearing in the same examination subjects at graduation level does not matters.

For more details and updates regarding NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
10th June 2017, 12:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for examination without having English as main paper in bachelor degree.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed the master degree with minimum 55% and relaxation for reserved category.

There will be no age limit to appear for examination. To get more information about NET examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
10th June 2017, 12:50 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for UCG NET entrance examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for final recruitment as lecturer in government colleges.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% and relaxation for reserved category.

There is no age limit to appear for lecturer post. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
10th June 2017, 10:04 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE for recruitment of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship ( JRFs ) in universities approved by UGC.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NET are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 28 years for JRFs. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms. Also for recruitment as Assistant Professor there is no age limit.

* You must have completed your Master's degree course with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible. Also there is provision of marks relaxation upto 5% for reserved category candidates.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NET having completed your MA in English degree with 58% marks having not pursued English at graduation level then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for appearing in same examination subject at Master's degree level matters which accepts English.

For more detailed information regarding NET examination you can visit its official link i.e; www.cbsenet.nic.in.
22nd December 2019, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

I am NET qualified (EWS category), 75.28% in Bed., 65.65% in Med., 61% in MA (Political Science), But I disqualified during interview by a private Bed college interview panel because there is 46% in my graduation level. Is it comes under the criteria of selection process ? Kindly suggest me for further interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?