22nd December 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA? Can you please let me know the minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D course? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D with 54.50 percentage marks in M.Com?
  3. List of universities where I can apply for Ph.D in English if I scored less than 50% marks in MA?
  4. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in English from IGNOU after scoring 54.6% marks in Post Graduation?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in M.A English after scoring 64% marks in English and 55 in English discipline
  6. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MA (Sociology) scoring 53% marks from Mumbai University? In which college can I apply for PhD?
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?
  9. Can I pursue PhD after completing M.Com scoring 48% marks from Mumbai University? What is the procedure to apply for PhD?
  10. Can I apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 41% marks in M.A
  11. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  14. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  15. Am I eligible to get scholarship for doing college after scoring 92 percentage marks in 12th?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  17. Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks? -- [New]
  18. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?
23rd December 2016, 05:43 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA? Can you please let me know the minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D course? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Thank you!
Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for PhD in English after scoring 50% marks in MA English. The candidates with MA English and should have scored not less than 55% marks are eligible for the PhD in English. For the SC/ST candidates, there will be 5% relaxation in marks will be given (50%) for the admission to PhD in English. The admission will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination and interview. So, it is not possible to do PhD in English with less than 55% marks in MA in English.
23rd December 2016, 07:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after scoring 50 percentage marks in MA?

I am very much sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for the Ph.D course as you have scored only 50% of marks in your MA degree course which is very less to qualify.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are only eligible to opt for the Ph.D courses in relevant field.
So, you are not eligible.
24th December 2016, 12:48 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sorry, that you are not eligible for PhD with 50% of marks. Admission is mostly open to all candidates who have completed their Master degree course with 55% of marks from a recognized university. Also, each college will have minimum cut-offs. Only candidates who fulfill those criteria’s can apply. Preference is given to those with a higher score.
24th December 2016, 10:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course because your masters degree marks is below 55%.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?