14th June 2015, 12:31 AM
balvinder_ith

Am I eligible to sit for civil services exam if I am an Indian Citizen

I am an Indian citizen but have completed my education till graduation from Nepal . so , am i eligible to sit for the the civil services exam.?

15th June 2015, 08:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for civil services exam if I am an Indian Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by balvinder_ith View Post
I am an Indian citizen but have completed my education till graduation from Nepal . so , am i eligible to sit for the the civil services exam.?
You are an Indian citizen and you have completed graduation degree from so you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
15th June 2015, 01:24 PM
vickyhansi

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for civil services exam if I am an Indian Citizen

You can join civil services exam if you are Indian citizen but your graduation is from Nepal.

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized Indian University.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST candidates

You have to clear Preliminary, Mains exam and Interview.

You have to complete graduation from Indian university to sit for civil services exam.
15th June 2015, 02:16 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Indian Administrative Service(IAS) exam every year.

IAS is one of the prestigious government job. To become an IAS officer, Candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidate must have Graduate degree in any discipline from the recognized University.

Age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation for reserve candidate as per government rules.

Candidate should be Medical and Physically fit.

Number of attempts for general 4 times, obc 7 times, sc/st can appear till 35 years of age.

Selection process on the based on-

Prilims exam
Mains exam
Interview.
16th June 2015, 12:47 AM
2010ae07biv
Member+

You can join civil services exam if you are Indian citizen but your graduation is from Nepal.

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized Indian University.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

Selection Process:

Prelimnary exam

Mains exam

Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?