11th November 2019, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MSc(IT) being a History graduate?

Hello everyone, I have just completed my BA in History course. Now, I am interested to study MSc course in IT. I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for me to study this MSc course. Kindly tell me immediately.

14th November 2019, 07:40 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MSc(IT) being a History graduate?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to study M.SC IT after completion of BA History.

In order to be eligible to join M.Sc IT, one should have completed Graduation with the relevant stream like B.Sc IT or B.Sc Computers.

Since there are no Computers or Mathematics related subjects in your BA stream, you are not eligible to join M.SC IT

However some small colleges or Distance Education Universities may allow BA students for M.Sc IT.

I don't think it is not a good choice to opt for M.Sc IT which is purely computers related and need Mathematical and programming knowledge.

People who did MPC and B.Sc Computers only will struggle to complete M.Sc IT. Compared to them, you do not have any relevant previous academic knowledge and hence it is very difficult for you.

My suggestion would be to go for MA or MBA courses in Post Graduation.

Even in MBA also there are computers related specializations like
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology

For MBA course, you are absolutely eligible if you have scored 50% of marks in your BA course.

You can apply for the entrance exam and crack it.
15th November 2019, 07:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

A candidate who has done bachelor's degree in arts stream cannot pursue master's degree in Science stream. It clearly means that after pursuing Bachelor of Arts in History, you can not do Master of Science in Information technology.

For pursuing Master of Science in Information Technology, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree in Information Technology.
15th November 2019, 02:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Science in Information Technology:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in History from a recognized university.

2. For M.Sc course, you must have done bachelor's degree in science course.

You can not apply for M.Sc IT course.
15th November 2019, 06:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to get admission in M.Sc ( IT ) course.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in the course only if you have passed B.Tech /BCA /B.Sc ( IT ).

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course after the bachelor degree in history.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?