27th January 2018, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam after having completed Post Graduate on English Literature?

Sir, I am 37 years old. I have completed Post Graduate in English Literature. My caste is BC-B. Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam? Kindly do let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. What books to prefer for NET exam in English?
  2. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  3. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English Literature after completing B.E? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?
  4. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  5. How to write any UGC exam after completing M.A Literature with 55%?
  6. Am I eligible to write NET after doing PG English Literature
  7. Can I write NET exam in education after completing B.A english literature and B.Ed?
  8. Can I appear for UGC-NET before Post Graduation? What subject to choose in PhD after MA English?
  9. M.tech Computer Science student eligible to write NET? Syllabus for UGC NET?
  10. Books to study English for UGC NET exam preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Valuable books for NET English preparation
  12. Can I be eligible to write NET exam after scoring 54.6% in M.A English Literature from SV University Tirupati?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completing MA and B.Ed in English? What is the syllabus for NET exam?
  14. Am I eligible for PGT English after completing M.A English, B.A English Literature?
  15. Selection criteria for the Post of English Literature Lecturer in schools? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?
  17. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature
  18. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam if I have completed my graduation with only 55% marks?
31st January 2018, 08:51 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam after having completed Post Graduate on English Literature?

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. It is now conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET examination:

1. You must be post graduate in any stream from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for this exam for Lectureship. You can apply for exam at age of 37 years.
31st January 2018, 05:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam after having completed Post Graduate on English Literature?

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. The academic qualification required for UGC NET exam is master's degree from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for UGC NET exam. You should have at least 55% marks in master's degree to be eligible for NET exam.

There is no upper age limit for UGC NET exam for lectureship. You can apply for exam at age of 37 years if you have secured at least 55% marks in master's degree in English.
31st January 2018, 08:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to appear for lecturer post then there is no age limit to appear in NET examination.

The required aggregate to appear is 55% in master degree but relaxation of 5% for reserved category.

So, if you have the above aggregate you are eligible to appear in examination.
31st January 2018, 08:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for UGC NET.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a holder of post graduation degree from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in post graduation.
Upper age limit is not declared.
23rd February 2018, 10:06 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 37 years old. I have completed Post Graduate in English Literature. My caste is BC-B. Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam? Kindly do let me know.
YES, You are eligible to apply for the UGC NET Exams.

Now, Candidates would have to appear for only Paper I (100marks) and Paper II (200 marks). The first will be of one-hour duration while the second would be two hours.

The online applications would start from March 6 and the exam would be held on July 8. The last date to fill up the form is April 5, 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?