30th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Any chance to get lateral entry in A reputed college after 2nd year B.Tech Mechanical engineering

Respected sir,,is there any chance of getting lateral entry to A reputed college after 2nd year btech(mechanical engineering). Any Chance of getting to Bit though entrance or any means,,Plz give informations of all entrance examinations as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  2. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?
  3. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  4. Procedure to apply for B.E. 2nd year through lateral entry in Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Suratkal through JEE Mains for Diploma in ME student?
  5. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
  6. What is the process for taking admission through Lateral Entry? I am pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  7. Is there any lateral entry possible for joining B.Tech course after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  8. Possibility to change college under WBUT if studying B.Tech(CE) through lateral entry?
  9. Eligibility for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year?
  10. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  11. How may I get admission in government engineering colleges through lateral entry for B.Tech course? What's the procedures fro the same?
  12. Am I eligible for the programme of B.Tech in Plastic Engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry
  13. What is the procedure to take admission in IP University through lateral entry under mechanical engineering
  14. Colleges offering lateral entry directly into 2nd year of engineering? Does Jadavpur University offer lateral entry? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to take lateral entry in 2nd year in WB colleges?
  16. Can I apply for IP university for admission in 2nd year through lateral entry? I am doing engineering first year from MD university
  17. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  18. Eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry after Diploma?
24th July 2012, 07:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any chance to get lateral entry in A reputed college after 2nd year B.Tech Mechanical engineering

It is possible to get admission in good Engineering college with lateral entry scheme. However this does not include the top Engineering institutes of India called the IITs. Lateral entry scheme means that students who possess diploma in Engineering or B.Sc degree may study Engineering.

Through Lateral Entry, you will get admission in the second year of Engineering course which in your case in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. To get lateral entry it is not required to appear in a entrace exam. However I would recommend you to appear in the LEET entrance exam for lateral entry.

I said it is not required to appear in entrance exam because most colleges in India reserve some seats for the lateral entry scheme. A lot of these colleges would give direct admission to the candidate based on the academic performance. While other colleges would require you to appear in LEET or some other entrance exam which they might be conducting.

At the momemt around 5 to 10 percent of Engineering seats are reserved for the lateral entry scheme by the colleges. Here is the eligibility criteria.

1. Only candidate with diploma in Engineering and B.Sc in any stream would be allowed to get entry through lateral entry.

2. In case of diploma course your pattern should be 10th followed by diploma in Engineering.

3. For B.Sc candidates the pattern is 10+2+3 which means B.Sc course after completing 12th class.

4. The percentage criteria is set differently for different colleges. Some may require candidate to have secure at least 60 percent marks while other may give admission on even 50 percent marks. However very few colleges give admission on 50 percent marks. Mostly require at least 60 percent marks.

5. A lot of good institutes require lateral entry candidate to appear in LEET exam. Some of the colleges who give admission based to LEET performance reserve up to 30 percent seats for the lateral scheme candidates.

6. All the candidates who are in final semester of diploma and B.Sc course are also eligible to appear in LEET exam.
25th July 2012, 10:55 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Any chance to get lateral entry in A reputed college after 2nd year B.Tech Mechanical engineering

hii....!!!!

-->yes,my dear friend there is a chance to get admission in 2nd year b.tech .But for that please check the eligibility criteria given below:-

* you should have done diploma course of 3 years from recognised university.

*then you have to give the entrance exam LEET ,if you clear this exam then you can take the admission in 2nd year directly.

so,all the best....and work hard.....
3rd July 2013, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Is there any chances to get admission in top colleges in 2nd round of enginnering
31st January 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

after completing BE in mechanical is there any chance for B tech in mechanical from iit,nit or govt colleges?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?