15th October 2010, 12:38 PM
ashu_2525

Any chance for me to work in power sector after doing B.Tech ECE with 69.36% and project in Automatic Energy meter reading system in final year of B.Tech?

i am shashi kant sharma, i have done my B.Tech in ECE with 69.36% of marks..
i have done a project "automatic energy meter reading system" in final year of B,Tech..& i want to do the work in power sector.....is there any for me in the power sector?????so please reply me...
thanks & regards........

25th September 2011, 07:26 AM
earnm40

Default Re: Any chance for me to work in power sector after doing B.Tech ECE with 69.36% and project in Automatic Energy meter reading system in final year of B.Tech?

For ece peoples there are less jobs in powersector sides.like ntpc,genco, they offer less vacancies upto 30 seats for ece only,they ask 65% percentage as cutoff in btech.for more details about ECE check this website http://www.ececareers.blogspot.com
4th December 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Any chance for me to work in power sector after doing B.Tech ECE with 69.36% and project in Automatic Energy meter reading system in final year of B.Tech?

jobs for ece with java and j2ee in singapore
20th January 2012, 03:01 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_2525 View Post
i am shashi kant sharma, i have done my B.Tech in ECE with 69.36% of marks..
i have done a project "automatic energy meter reading system" in final year of B,Tech..& i want to do the work in power sector.....is there any for me in the power sector?????so please reply me...
thanks & regards........
Dear Shashi Kant,

Your career is not exactly decided by the Project you do in the B Tech Course. If that were to happen, many people would have landed in the jobs of their liking. Anyhow, I am not discouraging you.

You seem to have special interest in Power Sector. As an ECE graduate, all is not lost. Job opportunities are available in power sector too, like in Instrumentation, Demand side management, Energy Management/Energy Audit, Testing, Calibration, etc.

Keep watching for the advertisements.

Finally, if a better opportunity knocks on your door in the non-power sector, do take it and gather experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?