1st August 2010, 01:50 AM
lovesh hotty

Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

Is There a problem in job if we drop 1 year for enterance preparation after 12th class

Related Questions:
  1. Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  2. Should I drop a year to prepare for CLAT if completed 12th? Coaching classes in Madhya Pradesh for preparation?
  3. Which entrance exam to clear for masters degree after BPT? What type of preparation is required for it? -- [New]
  4. Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?
  5. Chances of getting placements after 1 year drop?
  6. Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?
  7. Will it be a problem for me to get a job in private companies coming for placement if I have 1 year drop after 1st year of college?
  8. How to prepare for Medical Competition exams being a drop out student?
  9. Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?
  10. Whether dropping a year after +2 is a problem for the IIT preparation or not?
  11. What problem will I face in future at the time of college placement after having drop of 3 year after 12th
  12. Is there improvement exam in Higher Secondary WBCHSE or I have to drop a year? Whether 12th from IGNOU is equivalent to class 12?
  13. Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  15. Should I take a drop year after 12th or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What are the entrance exams which MBIC students can appear after completion of 12th standard?
  17. Should I take a drop after 12th if I didn't perform well in engineering entrance exams this year?
  18. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
1st August 2010, 04:40 AM
sanjusays

Default Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

Actually there is no problem as such with the drop.....Mostly companies ignore the drop part while judging a candidate....But be prepared to justify youself proprely on your decision to take a drop.....
1st August 2010, 04:51 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

Hello friend,

I dont think there will be any problem to get a job just because you dropped a year for entrance preparation. The employer is only interested in your educational qualification, your knowledge and your skills. Since you dropped a year for preparation of entrance exams, you haven't lost it. The preparation is definitly going to help you to get your goal and once you have achived it, nobody cares how many years you dropped.
So, do not worry and move ahead towards your goal.
1st August 2010, 08:33 AM
rohit_k

Default Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

dear friend
there is no problem in job if we drop one year for entrance preparation after 12th class and also if we go to job and face interview with fully confidence .in the time of interview we can check your talent not your other thinks and also check your knowledge.
1st August 2010, 11:00 AM
naman.lakhotia

Default Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

No problem at all if you have cleared 12th in first attempt and dropped an year for preparation of Entrances.
There might some questions put on during an interview but there are no issues if you dedicated that year towards preparation only and not for re-exam or any other thing.

-Naman
1st August 2010, 11:42 AM
armaiv

No, there are no problems in having a 1 year gap between studies. But sometimes during placements some companies check if u have dropped or not.
People having no drop get the preference.
1st August 2010, 11:46 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

No, generally not...........!

Today every 6/10 student who not able to score good in Entrance drop there year and perform well in entrance, which is better then getting through bad performance in entrance.

But here one thing that must be taken care is that if you are droping a year then you must have good percentage in your +2 it will be very helpful for droping students, not only in the case of campusing and job but in entrance preparetion also.

If someone has not good in +2 two and droping a year and also not able to score well next year then it is non-worthy.

If someone is getting satisfactory score in entrance means able to get some good college and instead of this if he/she iis droping a year then its also not good, because in this way candidate is doing harm for himself/herself losting 1 year means losting employbility/job/salary of 1 year.

So, think before you act.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st August 2010, 11:57 AM
your1dost

it dont seems to be a problem in dropping a year after 12th, many students are there whom i know who have dropped after 12th and have been placed in good companies....so dont worry about that and just do your preparations.
1st August 2010, 12:02 PM
rajanivedha

NO NOT AT ALL.. you can prepare and same time you should realise that you are dropping a year solidly....so you got to work for it... many people are doing like this its not an issue... good luck...
1st August 2010, 12:21 PM
saranshgarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesh hotty View Post
Is There a problem in job if we drop 1 year for enterance preparation after 12th class
no there is no problem in your placements if you drop a year or so..
placements are all depend on your batch year like 2010-2014 or like that if its four year course then it will follow in dis manner..
and for placements you have fulfill basic eligibiliies according to companies rules...
1st August 2010, 12:59 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

To be true, YES. Today as we know that there is intense competition all over the world, and the companies want excellence. So there are many companies today, especially the MNC's and the BPO's that actually do not even consider students who have dropped a year for preparations of entrance examinations. I know it sounds ridiculous but it is true.
However, you need not worry about it, because there are plenty other companies which do not have such a silly condition. Infact they just aim for excellent students, the hard working ones who are ready to sweat it out.
So, if you plan to drop a year, all i suggest is that, work hard, and make proper utilization of this year, so that it will add to your benefit in future!!

Good Luck!!
1st August 2010, 01:05 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

dear friend

entrance exams are not possible to crack at the first appearance without proper preparation. so every year many students drop 1 year for proper preparation.

this drop has no effect on your placement in your college campus.

don't worry about it.

study well and have good results in your college it will help u in placement.

all the best.
1st August 2010, 02:10 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

No its doesn't have any problem regarding the placement.
At present time most of the people drop out 1 -2 years to get good college, because once you pursue your degree from any of the top college ot matters a lot.

Drop for more than 2 years is very harmful from career point of view.
so going for drop out is not a problem. It hardly matters.
1st August 2010, 02:21 PM
satish shrivastav

hi
there is no problem in placements if you get drop for 1 yr after 12th
meny students get drop for a year for preparing CET and they will get the better placement , it is depend on you and your interview skill to grab the job
1st August 2010, 03:40 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Wink Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

there is absolutely no problem .at college only a affidavit for gap year is asked and it has no relation to placements in companies
1st August 2010, 05:01 PM
mayankkaushik02

not really effect on your job but if you not want to loose any
opportunity regarding your job then u can do 1year computer courses,

Today computer is used in every field, so you can do courses like o-level and A-level,
these are best O os for 1year A is for 11/2 year.
or do other courses like English speaking course etc.

so, if u do them then no one can put a question
'why you waste your one year?'
Also useful to u.
1st August 2010, 05:17 PM
pavan24

Smile Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

no there is no problem.Because if u want to score good marks&get good rank in EAMCET it is not a problem.
I am telling an example for u.My friend was written 3 times for good result in MBBS.She written that many times because because she need good MBBS college the she wants.
When she written first she got 10,000 rank,2nd time she got 7000 rank
now she got 3000 rank.Now she was happy because she got the seat in a coolege in which she wants.
So there is no problem in droping one year of entrance exam.Please do HARDWORK & get nice college.Then there will be no problem for your placement.

"GOODLUCK"
1st August 2010, 05:53 PM
Rickers

Hello professionals,

The drop after class 12th doesn't matter in your placement after B.Tech.
About 75%of students do not clear the entrance test they drop one or may be more than a year for preparing for entrance test. But you need to score good in your b.Tech.

Companies doesn't want regular or dropped students,they only have some cutoff say 60% all through.

So, you don't worry about it just concentrate on your study to make a big score,company will select you

Good Luck......
1st August 2010, 07:34 PM
sampat

Quote:
hi
there is no problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation.
1st August 2010, 08:05 PM
sharika

Quote:
There is no problem at all.If anyone feel that jobs are based on the marks scores its is absolutely wrong.Job is based on the smartness,our personality and aptitude skill.The entrance result is needed till we get any admission,after that the entrance rank does not hold any importance.If repeating then we should me determined ,only if a person who has full confidence in him should try to repeat.If incase the rank is low,high +2 score will be helpful;so a person should be very careful while dropping a year.
1st August 2010, 08:42 PM
nitesh15791

it is not any serious problem.your knowledge upon your subject is more important but some companies prefer fresher guies
1st August 2010, 09:17 PM
pushp ranjan singh

according to me droping 1 yr will not hamper you very much if u have confidence in yourself and u r determined to do very best in another yr.
the thing that matters is your
+2 marks... it not hamper your future.....

so, GO AHEAD , LIFE IS YOURS.....
1st August 2010, 10:11 PM
misrasubhradeep

If you are unable to show a reasonable cause for dropping a year then it will create a problem. If you can do that, then it will not be a problem at all.
1st August 2010, 10:13 PM
singhal.malvika

No, placements are done mostly on the basis of your whole b.tech session performance and it depends on your confidence as well!!!
So, don't lose
2nd August 2010, 12:02 AM
shubham957

Quote:
no, there is no problem. There are many students who drop 1 year to prepare for entrance exam. Behind this, they are having a goal of achieving a good college and the companies recruiting them uderstands their feeling. So don,t worry. There will be no problem in dropping one year.
2nd August 2010, 12:53 PM
ravi6

dear there is no problem in placement for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exam. mostly intelligent students drop years after +2 to take admission at top colleges like IITs,NITs,AIIMS,BITS etc. so there is no problem.

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 04:19 PM
Mridul Dhawan

No problem,,,placement is all depend upon the %age of b.tech.....

who said u,,that theres some problem by dropping ??
2nd August 2010, 08:44 PM
Sathishkannan

Hello friend,
surely there is no problem in placement for dropping one year after 12th.In placement companies want only your knowledge,language and other activities infact you would gained more knowledge in this one year preparation so your chance for getting placed is more.
3rd August 2010, 05:37 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

no there is nothing like that.Placaement is based on your preformance in engineering diploma.there are student who didn't get good marks in entrance and they drop there one year and perform well.so it is not related with placement.
3rd August 2010, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Is there a problem regarding dropping a year after getting 70% in 12th class, as i want to prepare well for medical entrance exam , and i had a dought that whether in the college there will others also like me , means dropped a year, will i face any prob. in the campus and also rrgarding age?
4th August 2010, 08:09 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,
There is no as such problem arises for placement but some companies do not need students who have a break in their academic career. Hence this thing make you ineligible for those companies. But such type of companies are few. And you need not to bother with this.
11th August 2010, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

ANY PROBLEM IN PLACEMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO DROP 2 YEAR AFTER 12TH.B'COZ I HAD TAKEN 1 YEAR DROP AND I WAS SELECTED IN TOP PRIVATE COLLEGE OF UPTU,BUT I WANT TO STUDY IN NIT,DTU ETC SO CAN I PREPARE AND IF I GET SELECTED SHOULD I GO FOR DTU(AS 2 YEAR DROP WILL BE THERE)
19th August 2010, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

is 12 marks are important while placement after completing b.tech?
20th August 2010, 06:16 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
there may be some problem in campusing for some particular MNCs(Multi National Companies)like TCS,INFOSYS,Wipro,CTS, etc
they need regularity in education ,so u can face some problem

dont be upset there r huge chance for standing
i think as u had dropped one year u may apply or may sit in small company campusing online or offline.

after 2yr-3yr experience u may apply in higher company.
u have to be confidence in aptitude & verbal knowledge .
Best of luck
21st August 2010, 02:03 PM
richa420
Banned

Smile Re: Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?

frnd

there is no any matter of worry for the drop of one year.I m telling for ur information that two years gape is not consider during the campusing.

best of luck
21st August 2010, 06:53 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

year gap of one year is not considered by many top companies.

these includes TCS, WIBPRO, COGNIZANT, TECH MAHINDRA etc. so you can appear in placements of these companies.

but for these companies 60% through out your career is required.

best of luck.
22nd August 2010, 02:43 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
there is no problem if you dropped a year after 10+2 while preparing for entrance exams.most of the companies ignore these but be prepared to justify yourself.
Good Luck!
31st August 2010, 06:28 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

No any problem in placements for students who drop one

year after 12th for entrance exams preparation. But it is

more better if one have not any drop.
20th September 2010, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

I have 2 year gap between my 12th and B.Tech(cs).Can anyone please tell me which companies i may seat for?
20th September 2010, 10:50 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

no there is no problem in the placement. many company accepted this. so dont worry you can get a good palacement in a big company. thanking you.. best of luck..
21st September 2010, 02:55 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 2 year gap between my 12th and B.Tech(cs).Can anyone please tell me which companies i may seat for?
Dear friend
You are eligible for most of the companies and there use to be usually no such criteria.
The two year gap is really considered as more gap but that is not the only thing of taking into account.
If you are good in communication skills and your technical knowledge is average then you can get into any good company.
The very first thing you need to have is 'Confidence'.
Think about your positive parts and get proper excuse for negative ones.
21st September 2010, 08:21 PM
mohit brh

no there is nothing this type of problem. there are many student who gape after 12th for preparation but if mostly in interview they can ask this question or reason for gap. so be prepare. if you will score good marks in graduation and in 12th also. than they will understand your strength.
3rd October 2010, 04:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

If you are drop 1 year for the perperation of entrance exams, then it will not affects on your placements.

Because in now a days, mostly candidates drop 1 year after 12th, for perparing the various entrance exams.

After clearing the entrance exams, they will find a good colleges and then they will get a good salary pacakge after completing the course.

So, dont worry, if you are perepare for some entrance exams, then please work hard on that and please use your 1 year properly. Because it will decide your future.

So, work hard, drop 1 year will never affect in your placement...............
3rd October 2010, 04:24 PM
Nucleusdev

Frn if u hv drop 1 yr aftr 12 thts doesnt matr f u hv knowledge in ur field thts refers for ur placement ok..keep knowledge abt ur field.
3rd October 2010, 04:27 PM
mseetharamster

there is no problem regarding that......
because every company cares only your year of passing(the qualification that is necessary for that particular job)...
3rd October 2010, 05:35 PM
divey rajpal

Quote:
hey lovesh there is no problem as such with drops..if u have talent ,knowledge and skills then no one can stop you from getting placed.
15th October 2010, 04:45 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

there is no problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation.

you must concentrate in your studies.

all the best.......
15th October 2010, 10:46 PM
vik111

Dear,

No problem at all if you have cleared 12th in first attempt and dropped an year for preparation of Entrances.

ok
15th October 2010, 11:01 PM
docshakti

hi,
i want to tell you that most of the students drop 1 year for entrance exam preparation it is not a very big problem you should concentrate on your studies well and achieve your goal.there is no problem in placement if you score good in colleges there is always campus selection for good students so don't think of all these matters and concentrate on your studies.
15th October 2010, 11:14 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

generally there is no problem for placement if you drop for one year after 10+2 level for examination preparation.

but there are some leading company which like those student who have continuity in education. so in that case you will face problem. but if you have a better knowledge and good practical knowledge then it will not create any problem.

so do not worry give concentration on education to get the best one.

best wishes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?