24th July 2010, 08:47 PM
jyot kaur

Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

sir i have passed my 12th exams with 92.5%(PCM) . i have also applied for entrances but cldnt get a gud rank. my ip rank is 6766. i have also got bsc electronics hns in sri venkateswara college (DU). sir , pls suggest me should i go 4 du or take a drop????
pls help sir..
thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Will I have to drop a year to prepare for Medical entrance exam?
  2. Admission in BSc 1st year after passing HS examination?
  3. Should I take 1 year drop to prepare for PSUs along with M.Tech?
  4. Which government job I can apply after completion of B.Sc degree?
  5. How to get admission in LLB course at Guwahati?
  6. Eligibility to appear in all MBBS entrance exam next year for a year dropped student? Is there any difference in admission for such students? Whether they are considered equivalent to others?
  7. Would it be safe to drop a year for medical entrance exam? What are the other options I can opt for other then Medical excluding BSc? Are there any short term courses available?
  8. Is it beneficial to register for C.A. if completed 10th CBSE?
  9. Should I drop a year to prepare for Engineering Diploma Entrance Exam if completed 10th CBSE?
  10. Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE Mains instead of taking admission in college?
  11. List of entrance exams along with their scheduled date for taking admission in engineering 2nd year after completing B.Sc? What's the syllabus for the same?
  12. Should I drop a year to prepare for SAT and study BS in Abroad?
  13. Can I drop a year after B.Sc for my masters degree? -- [New]
  14. Admission to B.Sc after year gap after 12th standard? Cut-off marks for the same?
  15. List of entrance exams for admission in 2nd year of MBBS for B.Sc(Chemistry) graduate? Eligibility to apply for the entrance exams?
  16. How to prepare for the scholarships exams to do M.Sc Physics in abroad?
  17. How to get admission in Maths Honors in Venkateshwar College(DU)? Should I go for a drop
  18. How to take admission in BSc IT? I have scored 49.50%
25th July 2010, 09:30 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

Dear friend
I am shocked that you got this much marks in boards but coudn't do anything in all india entrances. You should have at least qualify AIEEE with AIR<10000.
Anyways, it can happen with anyone.
I could suggest you to join B.Com in some college or Economics hons. but I won't suggest to do BSc Electronics.
If you are interested in engineering then dropping one year is the better way so that you can try for the leading engineering colleges.
If you are not then what for this BSc electronics.
Go for a drop. You have a long life to live. So don't spoil your career for one year.
I am expecting something great from you as per your 12th score.
The IITJEE and AIEEE all are completely based on NCERT syllabus. If you can make it in boards there is nothing much tough about making it done in engineering entrances.
Thanks
25th July 2010, 02:03 PM
odc

Default Re: Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

first thing if you are really gonna work hard then only take a drop but remember one thing that BSc is not a bad option because engineering what you think is an application field and if you are really interested in that then surely take a drop but if you are interested in the basic sciences then surely join du.
if you really and seriously want to prepare for the next entrance exams then don't listen to anybody and go for a drop.
good luck
25th July 2010, 06:29 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hi friend .. if you have tat much passion if writing entrance exam you can write because you should join in what u have interest...if you drop a year it doesn't matter because yo looking for the best future an you have scored 92.5% in your 12th never worry about it..if your parents like you to join now there are many finest colleges in India you can join in any of them.............
regards
azhar
25th July 2010, 11:43 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friend
It is very good thing that you have score 92.5% in your 12th standard ,it is also good that you have been selected for the BSc in electronics in Sri Venkateswara college (DU)...

I would suggest you to take admission in BSc and then if you have interest in engineering field then do preparation for it in your leisure time .

If you get selected then do engineering or continue your study in the BSc....
All the best.
26th July 2010, 01:36 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyot kaur View Post
sir i have passed my 12th exams with 92.5%(PCM) . i have also applied for entrances but cldnt get a gud rank. my ip rank is 6766. i have also got bsc electronics hns in sri venkateswara college (DU). sir , pls suggest me should i go 4 du or take a drop????
pls help sir..
thank you
your marks in 12th class are excellent and DU is a very good university.so, you can do bsc from there. But if you are really interested in becoming an engineer then only drop one year and do a lot of hardwork. Otherwise bsc will be good for you
26th July 2010, 04:47 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

Quote:
pls help sir..
thank you
it shockfull yar you are good in study and coming future is not nice ,my advise is if you wanna drop then drop for b.tech for iit or aieee not for bsc.du is not so good for talented student like you.not to go for du.ok best luck
26th July 2010, 09:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Well first of all congratulations on such a good percentage.
But it is also shocking that you could not get through any good college after such a good percentage.

As you say that you have got admission in BSc, then first ask yourself, that are you ready to do B.Sc, or if not then are ready to drop a year for engineering if you are so determined for it??

If answer is engineering and you are ready to work hard, as it is you are intelligent, then you may well drop a year.
But if you think, you might not be able to work hard, then i suggest you that continue with your B.Sc, and if you still aim for engineering degree, study for the entrance along with it.

At the end of the day, the decision is completely yours.

Good Luck!!
29th July 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 80% marks in pcm in 12 . Now i take addmission in B.Sc (computer science). i am not get good rank in aieee. if i am in wright direction or not.
1st August 2010, 01:28 PM
Mr Ajay

Hi friend,
you have done well to get a good percentage in your 12th standard.
now the decision upon going for a B Sc or JEE preparation is completely yours, as it the problem of every youngster now.

you should work hard for your entrance exams and just pay a little attention to your B Sc course. if you get only the pass marks in B Sc, it is enough.
but if you work hard for both, then may be you do not get much time for the Entrance preparations.
at the end you will get nothing.

Good luck !
10th August 2010, 10:44 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I think that you should better join some college instead of thinking for a drop. Dont go for a drop. Its not easy as it looks like. Trust me dropping a year will really be painful to you

You got good colleges like IPU and all. So why dont you enroll yourself in some of these colleges. So give it a try. You can even join BSc electronics which has a real great scope. On the whole it all depends what you want to do. So think hard

Best of Luck
10th August 2010, 11:03 PM
adityabhushan

Quote:
pls help sir..
thank you
dear,
to hear about you that you couldn't qualify in entrance exam , its really shocking.
did you not appear in aieee.
in aieee you must have to score rank less than 10,000.but whatever happened don't think about that if you are getting chance in DU for bsc electronics, then you should take admission there .
just i wanna say that don't drop a singel year it will be cause a great factor in your career,

just you take admission in DU. and you can prepare for entrance exams as aieee for next year. this will less affect your career .
actually a droped year makes a negative image for the company.

rest decision is yours,
so hope you will take better decision.
with best wishes
aditya
10th August 2010, 11:15 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see if are really dedicated about to do engineering, then you must drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year.

if you drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year, then no need to take admission in BSc.

you must prepare very well in entrance exams/

after doing BSC you can also do engineering.

to do this you should have good marks in BSC.

all the best.......
11th August 2010, 03:19 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

there is no need to drop a year . u can go for B.SC in electronics. after completion of your b.sc u can apply for GATE.

so it will give u a good career.

all d best.
11th August 2010, 07:19 PM
amitjadon

Smile Re: Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

HELLO,
as you have mentioned that you scored a 92% in your 12th and couldn't get through in entrance exams. there is no need to worry or panic.... you have showed that you have got the potential to prepare and score good in entrance exams.....

doing bsc will not hurt you, but being patient is the key think over it see that can you drop one year and will it have any affect on your future..... the take a deccession.

ALL THE BEST...
13th August 2010, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

if u think , u can work verY Hard for AIEEE/JEE . Then i think u can drop a Year , But dear it's not sure that u got good rank, if it occur then u'll regrate very much and it'll very painFull to u .
iN my openion u should continue BSC from D.U and try for AIEEE. 1 year is not a small duration ,
SO do't waste so long period of Life.!!
furture , Your mindset
GOOD LUCK
13th August 2010, 06:58 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

If you have decided that you have to get admitted to a reputed institute like IIT or NITs,then you can drop a year after 12th..

Because that will be worthy reason if you put lot of effort to get a good rank next year..

Otherwise i will suggest not to waste another year looking for admission to high profile institute,rather take admission in other courses or other engineering colleges..

Decision is yours what to do next...

So decide first ...

Best of luck!
13th August 2010, 06:59 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

If you have decided that you have to get admitted to a reputed institute like IIT or NITs,then you can drop a year after 12th..

Because that will be worthy reason if you put lot of effort to get a good rank next year..

Otherwise i will suggest not to waste another year looking for admission to high profile institute,rather take admission in other courses or other engineering colleges..

Decision is yours what to do next...

So decide first ...

Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 04:05 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

wasting one year is not a good idea.
You should focus on Time Management Planning. it would help the you in building a personalized strategy for the preparation of various targets in civil services and decide on preparing the right thing at the right time. This is perhaps the most important factor in planning for IAS,nothing else.
16th August 2010, 04:04 PM
jiyaa

dear friend,
u should not drop u r a good student as your marks suggest.DU is a very prestigious university.engg market is also very down.so it is a good option..
with best wishes
17th August 2010, 12:04 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND,

if u r interested to go in technical line not in general line, then u can drop a

year to prepare for entrance exams. but for that u have to read properly

throughout the year. u can join in coaching institute to prepare urself

properly.

if u want to go in general line then don't waste ur time go for it and take

admission in a good college.

all the best.
17th August 2010, 08:41 PM
akiisrivastava004

Quote:
pls help sir..
thank you
Dear Friend,
The matter is what you want.If you want to make your career in electronics then the college of DU is good option.
But if you have in your mind that you can clear iit and good rank in AIEEE then i would suggest you to drop the year.
17th August 2010, 09:04 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
you have scored very good marks in 12th so you should drop for preparation of AIEEE, and other entrance examination to do professional courses.

all the best.
17th August 2010, 09:13 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
it totally depends on you whether to drop or not.....in my opinion if you are dedicated then you can drop and you will have a very bright future........
wish you al the best!!!!!!!!!
19th August 2010, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

go for ipu.....
21st August 2010, 07:11 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
as per ur information u have passed ur 12th exams with 92.5%(PCM) means u r a very good student,so ur future is bright.

According to me u should take admission in BSC in general colleges or B.Tech through WBJEE,IITJEE,AIEEE.

u should not drop a year for preparation of entrance exam as u will be lagged behind because u r a good student
in B.Tech some company dont want irregularity in study.
Best of luck
22nd August 2010, 01:49 AM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?

dear friend,
You can take the final decision.If you have confidence do hardwork for writing exam,no problem for drop 1 yr.but i would suggest better you go for Bsc...
thank you
22nd August 2010, 11:31 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

hello friend
i am shocked you have got 83 % marks in 12th level and you have to do bsc honors.so please you have to join b.com(honor).because you have already lost one year so you have join b.com
good luck
22nd August 2010, 03:23 PM
kool
Senior Member++

friend,
its your career.
But , I will suggest you to take admission & you can take any preparation with this.
For example- to pass in entrance exam after your graduation or you can take preparation for government examination.......
All the best for your future........
22nd August 2010, 04:01 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

first of all u have scored a brilliant score in 12th. it is very unlucky that you are not able to score well in the entrance exams.

if you are fully interested in the technical field or medical then you should prepare well for 1 year.

as u have got seat in b.sc in electronics in DU that is not bad at all. u can go for it as well.

it depends on your own interest.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 08:45 PM
Raj333

dear friend
you are getting very good marks in 10+2 exam........so you can not kill your time by waiting for next year ........you must take admission in BSc that will help you in future......you may prepared for next year entrance examination but you must take admission in BSc ..........BSc 1st year sllaybus will almost same as the sllaybus of your entrance examination so that will also helps you in prepration of your next entrance examination ................

best of luck........................
30th August 2010, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing my final yr in Bsc IT but i want to joint in B.Tech plssss help if there s any way to joint in trichy nit
11th October 2010, 04:00 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

There is no use of doing BSc from any college when you want to do engineering . Suppose if you do not drop and take admission in BSc then what? Obviously you want to take admission in BTech for which you will give entrance exams in forthcoming year, and now evenif you got comparatively low rank then your expectations you would surely choose an engineering college and leave BSc in middle. If you really do so then there is no benefit to persue BSc just to say other people that you are doing something, because I dont think so that any university provide a degree of one year in their university for a three year course.
In your case just choose preparing options even if you have an option BSc in hand because this will affect your performance in exam.
31st May 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I have registered myself for B.COM. in School of Open Learning, Delhi University in 2010 Oct. Should I have to take the first year exam compulsorily in 2011 or can I drop one year and take first year exam in 2012? Will I have to pay full registration amount of Rs.3230/- again or my initial regn. fees is sufficient?
31st May 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

i have scored less marks in 12th i want to drop a year for preparing aieee..will it be ok?i have not got any good college this year...
31st May 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

what is good to join phy honours or bsc electronics ..
21st August 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i got 92% in boards bt didn't get good rank in entrance exam except ip with 6200 rank .......so what should i do??
should i drop a year or continue with ipu ??
2nd June 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I hav completed my XII 2013 with 87.25% .i didnt qaulifid for jeeadvancd.bt i hav a gr8 zeal to get into IIT.i want to take admission in a BSc. course in DU and alongwith prepare for iit.is it the right decision.???
27th June 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

can i drop a year and do b.sc next year
4th August 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 91.2%in class12 & 89%in pcm .i have taken addmission in du ,btech c.s branch since i coundn't qaulify any entrance exam but i m not satsfied .sir please tell me should i continue or take a drop year?
24th June 2014, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Q- Sir,
i have secured 95.8% and been qualified for jee mains. i didnt go for any coaching and gave for all the entrance exam and i got 418 in aipmt for which cutoff is 438......should i go for a drop out or join engineering? i want to pursue a career in research in biochemistry....plz suggest a way..really confused????
20th July 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

I had scored 82.2% in 12 exams.should i take admission in bsc and prepare fornext yearmains or should i take drop?
8th August 2014, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

i got 59.2% marks in 12th.i drop 2 years to get medical college.bcos of financial condtion i am not able to do coaching.this year i get good rank but not get govt medical college.can i drop 1 year more bcos my heart not allow anything or i do BA for du sol.pls answer its urgent
6th May 2015, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

sir I got 82% in boards but could not qualify for aipmt......I had not taken any coaching although...... now the question arises should I drop a year for MBBS preparation or take something else and if not MBBS then what should I go for having as high earning job as for a MBBS ????
10th July 2015, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have scored 53% in 12th std but couldnt qualify for engg.My dreanm is to become an engg.Shall i take a drop for preparing for class improvemnt orelse join bsc or bca?
25th August 2015, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 72% in class 12th and i have taken a drop of one year but unable to qualify the entrance i am interested in b.e automobile engg but unable to get good college so sir please give me some suggestion.
28th June 2016, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I got 90.4% in cbse . I qualified for jee mains but failed in advance.Shud I take admission in bsc maths or drop a year to prepare for IIT next year.I have also secured a good rank in IPU.
27th September 2016, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi all of you.I have completed my 12th (PCM) with a percentage of 95.90.I have qualified JEE Mains and i have not qualified JEE Advanced as it was my first attempt.Now i am doing Bsc in a college.I am preparing for JEE Advanced for next year.Should i continue Bsc or write JEE Advanced in next year.Should the college give me a drop after first year.Please help me.I am in lot of confusion. I am interested in engineering.
5th August 2017, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for next and get admission in mbbs next year if I am getting admission in bsc biochemistry or microbiology or any other bsc courses????
Please reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?