24th February 2018, 01:47 PM
Pooja Gindodia

Being a student of Commerce stream is it possible to do a degree course in Physiotherapy?

I'm a Commerce student of class 12th. I want to do the degree course in Physiotherapy. I know it is difficult for a student from Commerce background but, is there any way by which I can be eligible to do this degree course?

26th February 2018, 10:58 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Being a student of Commerce stream is it possible to do a degree course in Physiotherapy?

Being a student of Class 12th with Commerce stream, you are not eligible for pursuing any degree course in Physiotherapy as the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing physiotherapy course is a Class 12th passed certificate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board.

So, in case you are really interested in pursuing physiotherapy course then you need to pursue your Class 12th once again with PCB group from a recognized board.
26th February 2018, 02:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a student of Commerce stream is it possible to do a degree course in Physiotherapy?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Physiotherapy course. The required minimum qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination to get admission in course after 12th with commerce stream.
26th February 2018, 02:38 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja Gindodia View Post
I'm a Commerce student of class 12th. I want to do the degree course in Physiotherapy. I know it is difficult for a student from Commerce background but, is there any way by which I can be eligible to do this degree course?
No, Commerce stream is not the required qualification for doing physiotherapy course. The essential qualification required to do the physiotherapy course is passed in 12th (Science) with PCB and English as a compulsory subjects from a recognized board.

Admission is done on the basis of entrance examination and seats are allotted thorough counselling only.
26th February 2018, 05:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the physiotherapy course. It is a medical course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50%.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination as you have passed your 12th in Commerce stream.
26th February 2018, 11:16 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge it is compulsory to have PCB in 12th board. If you want to pursue Physiotherapy then it is compulsory to have Biology as main subject.
After completing Intermediate from Commerce stream you are not eligible to pursue any course in Physiotherapy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?