24th January 2012, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Benefits to apply for GATE exam? Is it necessary? Can I participate in GATE exam?

i am reading b.e 6th sem.. can i participate gate exam? whats all benifits i do get by applying to gate exam? is it necessary? how it will help for ma future campus interviews.. please do reply.. am in need..

25th January 2012, 10:33 AM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Benefits to apply for GATE exam? Is it necessary? Can I participate in GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am reading b.e 6th sem.. can i participate gate exam? whats all benifits i do get by applying to gate exam? is it necessary? how it will help for ma future campus interviews.. please do reply.. am in need..

You can appear in the GATE exam only in the final year .You get more cutoff in the exam you do the Higher studies in IIT,NITand all top colleges .Now core companies of NTPC,BHEL,SAIL and ONCG recruiting the engineering trainees through the GATE exam score.
6th July 2012, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Benefits to apply for GATE exam? Is it necessary? Can I participate in GATE exam?

what are the benefits of clearing gate exam in agricultural engineering?
7th July 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Benefits to apply for GATE exam? Is it necessary? Can I participate in GATE exam?

i don't want to do mtech ,, ,why going for gate and wasting ??
3rd August 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

i'm doing b.arch its my final yr..after this i wanna do mastrs in architecture, for this i have to qualify gate exam, sir plzz tell me the benifits of gate exam.
20th September 2012, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

i'm doing b.tech its my final yr..after my b.tech i want doing job so i dnt want to write gate exam,is it correct?
7th January 2013, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

how to get a job through gate
8th January 2013, 12:42 AM
ipkay93

Quote:
how to get a job through gate
Hello dear aspirant as you want to get a job, then yes GATE has a great scope of getting jobs these days.

Graduate Aptitude test for Engineering is organised every year in the Month of January and the application for the GATE is provided in the month of October every year.

Previously GATE was organised to provide M.Tech admissions in the prestigious IITs, NITs, IISc and many other reputed Institutes but since a few years a lot of companies started recruiting student on the basis of performance in the GATE examination. Most of these Organisations do not release any application form for recruitment and they themselves contact the GATE rank holders for recruiting. For more details you can visit the websites of the Organisations.

Some of the most reputed Organisations recruiting through GATE score are:

IOCL

MECON

CONCOR

PGCIL

NTPC

HECL

DDA

BPCL

BEL

GAIL

HPCL

MECL

NALCO

BHEL

Regards,
Pkay.
8th January 2013, 01:59 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

There are many benefits for applying gate this year because many of the government sector companies have decided to recruit through the gate score card.
N even a good score in gate. Can lead you for the m.tech in the IITs.
For applying gate, you should be a graduate or in final year of graduation of your engineering or science field courses and your aggregate percentage should be 50% for the engineering students and 55% for other students.
Gud luck
8th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Nayansarkar

Wink Re: Benefits to apply for GATE exam? Is it necessary? Can I participate in GATE exam?

Quote:

As pre final year student is not elegible for GATE exam so you cant participate.
You can participate in 4th year(7th sem).

Now a days most of private and government sector recruiting through gate. 70% weigtage is giving for gate for this exams. most important reason for applying gate exam to take M. tech admission.

most of core company giving value of GATE score card holder.
25th June 2013, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my engineering 4th yr? after 4th yr im planning to do the job. so, what are the benefits by writing GATE exam and what are the government job avaliable for CSE students? in confused pls suggest me...
8th October 2014, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

already in training in the company (infosys) then still do one has to appear for gate exam is it beneficial
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?