24th October 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Which is better, B.Sc with biotechnology or B.Sc with biology?

Hi, I am Shivani I completed my class 12th this year with biology now am confused that which field I should join. I am clear about my aim, I wanted to clear the upsc but don't know that which is good for me, B.Sc with biotechnology or B.Sc with biology can you please tell me that which is better one for me?

24th October 2017, 09:58 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is better, B.Sc with biotechnology or B.Sc with biology?

For clearing UPSC exam you can do any of bachelor degree with minimum 55% overall marks without any backlog.

Scope of B.Sc with biology
>> Medical students prefer B.Sc with biology and enter in medical hospitals.
>> You can further do research in any field of biology after the bachelor degree.
>> You can enter the Pharmacy department after bachelor in Biology.

Scope of B.Sc with Biotechnology
>> There is limited scope for B.Sc with biotechnology in relate to biology.
>> Candidate need to pursue M.Sc degree for better job
>> Research sector is best for biotechnology students, where chemical industry, pharma industry also hire such students.
24th October 2017, 10:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that you must go with your interest you should opt that stream in which your interest lies because that will be fruitful for your future. Both stream Biology as well as biotechnology have their own importance and both have wide scope in your future so now you should choose which you want to choose and it personally I would like to suggest you then you should definitely go for Biology because in that you will have bought me as well as jewelry and you can either go for zoology or botany and in biotechnology you are restricted to Biotech only.
24th October 2017, 11:13 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Biotechnology and B.Sc Biology are graduation level degrees. The duration of the courses is 3 years. These both courses have equal opportunities and by studying any of these course you can attend for UPSC exam.

Both courses are best in their own way. While comparing the career options after completing the graduation course the career opportunities are more for biology than biotechnology. There are few companies which recruit biotechnology candidates compared to biology candidates. So, if you want to choose the career opportunities are high for B.Sc Biology course compared to B.Sx Biotechnology course.

Since your goal is to qualify in UPSC Exam both the courses will give you equal opportunities because for attending UPSC exam the candidate should complete the graduation level degree in any discipline from any recognised university.

Some of the jobs after B.Sc Biology course are listed below:
- Biology researcher
- Botanist
- Conservationist
- Ecologist
- Weed scientist
- Plant researcher
- Taxonomist
- Geneticist

Some of the jobs after B.Sc Biotechnology course are listed below:
- Research associate
- Marketing Manager
- Assistant research analyst
- Biotech product analyst
- Sales officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?