14th August 2012, 06:07 PM
sha jyoti

Which is better between MCA and MSc Maths? I have done BSc Mathematical Science from Delhi University with 60.07%

Hi, I have done bsc Mathematical Science from delhi university with 60.07%. In which i have studied mathematics, statistics and computer science. Now i am confuse what i am do mca or msc maths. Please suggest me which is best option for me by distance mode.

8th September 2012, 08:31 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is better between MCA and MSc Maths? I have done BSc Mathematical Science from Delhi University with 60.07%

Master in Computer Application is 3 years Post Graduate degree course in which you will learn both theory and applications of Computer.

MCA is technical field and this course should be done from regular institution for better career prospects.

However you are eligible for MCA and this is best field for in our Country as Information Technology Sector is doing very good and providing large employment to students of related Field but you should do MCA from Regular Institute for better career prospects.

And you should choose Between these courses MCA or M.sc in mathematics by keeping your inclination and capability in mind .

Students do well in the field where their interest and passion lies.

You should choose MCA if you enjoy Computer Application more and if this is Mathematics in which you have more interest than it should be M.Sc in Mathematics .

M.sc in maths also have lot of scope career wise like You can go for

Teaching profession (Teacher or professor )
Computer Industry also need Math Graduates /post graduates
Research and Development
Several Govt Examination

But either of course you choose should be done from regular institutions/university for better career scope.

BUT if you have only Distance learning option with you than you should choose M.Sc in maths instead MCA .
5th November 2012, 10:00 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between MCA and MSc Maths? I have done BSc Mathematical Science from Delhi University with 60.07%

dear aspirant...

You can do M.Sc maths after your B.Sc

Those who qualify in M.Sc. Mathematics are in fortunate position of having a wide range of career choices.

The abilities to use logical thought, to make deduction from assumption, to use advanced concepts are all enhanced by a Mathematics degree course.

It is for this reason that Mathematicians are increasingly in demand.

With M.Sc. Mathematics degree, one should be able to turn his/her hand to Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computers, Teaching or Accountancy with a success not possible to other post graduates.

1. Title and Duration of the Course:

1.The post-graduates course in Mathematics will be called as the Master of Science in Mathematics.
2. The M.Sc. Mathematics programme will be of two academic years' duration and conducted in four semesters with each semester having an academic duration
of 14 to 16 weeks.

2. Admission Qualification

1. you should have passed B.Sc. / B.Sc.Ed from a recognized University with Mathematics as one of the major subjects.
2. you should have passed BE/B.Tech from a recognized University / Institution.

3. Medium of Instruction:

The medium of instruction of M.Sc. Mathematics Programme in English only. However, Examination may be answered in English only. Under open distance system, a paper is called "Course" and a course as "Programme"

4. Course of Study:

1. The M.Sc. in Mathematics programme shall be in Semester Scheme. Although the duration of the programme is two years, the maximum period for completion of the programme shall be four years.
2.There shall be five courses in each semester. Each paper shall be of 100 marks. (80 Exam) + 20 (Internal Assessment).
3.There shall be regular counseling, Contact Programmes for the candidates.
[/B][/I]
18th December 2012, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i want after bca a security of job plz suggest me
5th April 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i am gate 2013 qualified.gate score 306 . i have get any iit. i will have obc candidates.
please , tell me
27th May 2013, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.sc. Com.science from vikram university, i am interested in programming and maths,so what is better for me m.sc. From com. Or m.sc. From math.
31st May 2013, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

what is minimum percentage required in bsc for msc mathematics in pune university
7th June 2013, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after Msc maths?
31st July 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

sir I have completed my B.Sc(comp.sci) from pune university.now i am confused about the course MCA,M.Sc(comp.sci) & M.Tech(industrial math with comp application),so can you tell for which cource i shall go?
1st August 2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.Sc computer science,can i choose M Sc Statistics?
27th December 2013, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do MCA after Msc maths?
You can do MCa and MTech too.. Thats benefit of being a mathematics student. You can transfer yourself to a lot of fields.. And if you are interested in maths you will surely not go away from maths.. Its a very interesting subject with very wide opportunity of jobs..
27th January 2014, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Now I am doing b.sc., maths, after finishing dis course shall i do MCA in correspondence..?
30th April 2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

What are the best courses for me after completing B.Sc in mathematics ?
5th July 2014, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done B Sc in maths and I want to mca. is it good decision or not
21st December 2014, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

i m in 3rd year .. n m doing bsc. pass course from icg .... i have now aggregate 70% n m too much cnfused in between msc in maths n mca..plz sugeest me wht shoud i go for... ?????
28th December 2014, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bsc. frm icg jaipur now m too much confused between mca and msc maths .. i have agrregate 68% plz suggest me wht should i do ??
13th February 2016, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I Have completed Bsc(maths). And PG degree for MCA. Now I want to study from M.sc(maths).it is possible or not.
13th July 2018, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi this Monica I have completed my bsc . but I have confused what to do now please suggest me which course is better to me either MCA or MSc maths
26th December 2019, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, If I have done bsc math with 74.5 %but I have confused what to do now. which is better course between MCA or msc math. if I have not done bed exam.so please help me.
3rd August 2023, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

What should i choose between MCA in NIT's or Msc. in mathematics and computing from IIT's after doing my Bsc in Maths ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?