2nd July 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

is Biology required after passing 10th standard?

HI FRIENDS M ANISH .........
I wan to make my carrer as a an air force piolot . so i hve sme dificulties about my futurte plans can u hely den plzzzz help me ?????????????????
i wan to ask dat can i take biolgy ii after 10

10th May 2015, 04:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: is Biology required after passing 10th standard?

No there is no requirement of Biology after class 10th if you are interested in the Indian Air force or other defense services .

But for the same desired wing of yours you are required to be a Science stream student with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects .Also you must complete your studies from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

But if you are interested in studying Biology and willing for the same then you can go for the Biology too but then you will have to go with PCMB for your higher studies .Also if you go for the PCMB then you will have few more options in the defense field when compared to PCM students but this will be bit tougher.

So please think and then take the decision as the wrong option can make your life tougher .
11th May 2015, 04:54 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: is Biology required after passing 10th standard?

No,Biology is not important after passing 10th.If any candidate want to go through medical stream then he/she choose Biology in the place of Mathematics.

As you mentioned in the question that you have to join Air Force then you have to qualify NDA exam conducted by UPSC every year.

In Air Force candidate must pass his class 12th with Physics,Chemistry and Maths.

To join Air Force candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Air Force candidate eyes should be perfect.candidate who want to apply must be physically and mentally fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?