11th February 2010, 10:20 PM
RAJANI TIWARY

Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

Actually i wanted to know whether the degree we will be getting from wase in collabaration with bits will be aicte recognised or not.......

11th February 2010, 11:54 PM
thakurbaba307

Default Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

if it is from BITS, it is fully recognised, dont worry, bits is a good institution
12th February 2010, 12:24 AM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya bits pilani ms degree with wipro's wase is recognised by aicte
18th February 2010, 01:41 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

yes my friend BITS Pilani MS degree is recoganised by AICTE so dont' woory concentrate on your studies because it bit difficult to crack

best of luck
20th February 2010, 01:36 PM
Babitha C

Is it good to go for an ms degree provided by tech mahindra or go for mca/msc???
26th March 2010, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

No it is not recognized by AICTE, if u want to do any how do it in tech mahindra...
15th May 2010, 05:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Dont worry, the BITS Pilani is the best institution in india.
BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase is definately
recognised by AICTE. So dont worry, just concentrate
in your studies. If you have any doubt, then please
clear from the college, they will provide you better
information...........

ok
all the best.
27th May 2010, 08:31 PM
vamul

Hi ,

This is veera. Actually , i want to settle in teaching field after completion of this MS. Is this MS certificate is helpful to my future ? .
My professors are telling that , this is not helpful in banglore universities . May i know proper Answer on top of this pls...

Regards,
Veer.
25th June 2010, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamul View Post
Hi ,

This is veera. Actually , i want to settle in teaching field after completion of this MS. Is this MS certificate is helpful to my future ? .
My professors are telling that , this is not helpful in banglore universities . May i know proper Answer on top of this pls...

Regards,
Veer.
There is still a confusion for Bits MS degree among the students, as i know some important officials of BITS Pilani and according to them it is very reputed organisation hence no need to worry about that , do MS honestly but in case of any doubt ask its Assistant Dean ,He is a nice person to reply all the doubts.

R.K.JHA
MS from BITS Pilani.
22nd July 2010, 02:43 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Dont Doubt on BITS

Hey dear Doubting on BITS means doubting on IISC, IIST, IISER like institutes, because all these are Deemed To-Be-Universities and are TOP Engineering and Technology institutes with TOP 100 rankings in the whole World.

Generally for getting inti MS course of BITS, one has to score At least 550 Score alongwith at least 98% Percentile in GATE. If one is getting MS because of WASE that because Wipro has Tie up with it.

And dont forget Selection for WASE is not an easy task.

MS degree which is highly valueable degree all over the world and from BITS which is one of the TOP Engineering and Technology Institute of India. If we talk of BITS reputation in India, then after IIT and IISC it BITS.

Nothing to worry about Futur it will be bright enough to get into TOP IT giant viz: TCS, IBM, WIPRO and MS degree has far reputed in Abroad then in India, because it is an Research Oriented Degree.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
22nd July 2010, 03:11 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai
Yes. Its fully recognised by AICTE.BITS campus have been offered to students based on their performance in an online all-india entrance exam called BITS admission test(BITSAT).To be eligible for admissions, the candidates must obtain a minimum of 80% marks aggregate in phy, che & maths in +2 exam.
22nd July 2010, 03:56 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Dont Doubt on BITS

Hey dear Doubting on BITS means doubting on IISC, IIST, IISER like institutes, because all these are Deemed To-Be-Universities and are TOP Engineering and Technology institutes with TOP 100 rankings in the whole World.

Generally for getting inti MS course of BITS, one has to score At least 550 Score alongwith at least 98% Percentile in GATE. If one is getting MS because of WASE that because Wipro has Tie up with it.

And dont forget Selection for WASE is not an easy task.

MS degree which is highly valueable degree all over the world and from BITS which is one of the TOP Engineering and Technology Institute of India. If we talk of BITS reputation in India, then after IIT and IISC it BITS.

Nothing to worry about Futur it will be bright enough to get into TOP IT giant viz: TCS, IBM, WIPRO and MS degree has far reputed in Abroad then in India, because it is an Research Oriented Degree.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Hi, Good Faiyaz, Good description. Doing MS in WASE, HAs many benefits like, you also act as an Employee and will be monthly paid.

The scenario is, You work as a junior engineer(Called WASION) within, For 4.5 to 5 days a week. You will have regular classes which might start in friday afternoon or saturday and sunday. You will be provided with (or) will have full access to internet within Intranet around the week. You will have good Exposure to Corporate culture while pursuing your MS.

Great isn't it.

Good Luck.
22nd July 2010, 03:59 PM
sharad3010

hey my friend it is recognized ....
and dont think about when u r going to join a very good institute....
1st August 2010, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi iam also one of the candidate of wipro wase program. i would recommend that none should join this programe as this is not AICTE approved degree, (later we came to know.) secondly degree is of distance learning not regular while we were told that degree will be of regular.
third thing is behaviour is very bad with wase people in wipro . iam only telling this as i don't want it to happen with any body as happened to all of us ( wasians) as iam working in company and suffering all this things , so better guide you as comparitively with the outside advisors. as iam from inside.
Better to go for regular MCA or MTEC or MBA with regular degree of AICTE approved of indian govt which will be any where identified in this entire world.
This bits pilani degree is their own private degree which is only identfied in wipro's inner environment not at out side.

now wish is yours . i can only guide u guys in choosing ur best options for ur career.

Thanks...
9th November 2010, 07:19 PM
frquery2010

Iam a working professional now pursuing BITS Pilani MS degree in manufacturing.Please somebody share the views on the future use of this MS degree, say for getting in to teaching line or for doing PhD.
10th November 2010, 08:32 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

bits pilani is a recognized institute and hence you should not worry about ms . it is definetely recognized with aicte . dont worry and if want to join then you can join. good luck
26th December 2010, 07:16 PM

I am study in final year in BCA. I want to doining MS from BIST Pilanui.
What I can do the MS
18th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is still a confusion for Bits MS degree among the students, as i know some important officials of BITS Pilani and according to them it is very reputed organisation hence no need to worry about that , do MS honestly but in case of any doubt ask its Assistant Dean ,He is a nice person to reply all the doubts.

R.K.JHA
MS from BITS Pilani.

All sounds well why cant BITS Pilani put that recognition letter on their website. It really put all speculations to rest.

They do not respond to any emails. Is BITS Really hiding something
23rd February 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Is MS euivalent to M.tech?
23rd March 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Distance Education Council

Minutes of the 34th meeting of the Distance Education Council held on Wednesday, the 18th November, 2009 at 3.30 PM in the Board Room, Block-8, IGNOU Campus, New Delhi-110068.

……………………………………………………………………………………….....

The following members were present:

1. Prof. V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai, VC, IGNOU Chairman
2. Dr. N A Kazmi, Addl Secretary, UGC Member
(in place of Prof R K Chauhan, UGC Secretary)
3. Sh. B K Bhadri, Asst Educ. Advisor Member
(in place of Secretary HE, MHRD)
4. Prof. Naresh Dadhich, VC, VMOU
5. Prof. Kalyani Ambuchelvan, VC, TNOU Member
6. Prof. H.A Ranganath, Director, NAAC Member
7. Prof. P. Purushotam Rao, Osmania University Member
8. Dr. Xavier Alphonse, S.J., Director, ICRDCE Member
9. Prof. Mohd. Miyan, Jamia Millia Islamia Member
10. Prof. K.R. Srivathsan, PVC, IGNOU Member
11. Prof. Manjulika Srivastava, Director, DEC Secretary

The following members could not attend the meeting:

Prof. A.K Bakshi, Director, ILLL, University of Delhi; Prof. Arun Sadhu, Former Professor of Pune University and Prof. Shafiqa Parveen, Director, CDE, University of Kashmir could not attend the meeting.

The Chairman, Distance Education Council welcomed all the members. In his opening remarks he briefly dwelt upon the structural changes that are coming up in the higher education system.
Thereafter the following agenda items were taken up for discussion:

Item No. 34.1: To confirm the Minutes of the 33rd Meeting of the Distance Education Council held on 7th October, 2009 and action taken report
The minutes of the 33rd Meeting were circulated to all the Council Members. No comments were received and the minutes were confirmed.
Thereafter the Action taken report was presented by the Director, DEC.

Item No. 34.2: To consider and approve the Ex-Post Facto recognition of Institutions/Universities that have applied to the DEC.

The Council noted that the Distance Education Council has been receiving various requests from the Universities offering programmes through distance mode for Ex- Post Facto approval of the programmes which the universities have been offering prior to the commencement of the process of recognition and sometimes even prior to the establishment of the DEC. The members observed that the Universities have been requesting the DEC that the students who have obtained their qualifications from these universities are facing problem in getting employment in the light of Gazette Notification no: 44 of 1995 issued by MHRD on 1-3-95, which mandates the recognition of the DEC for these qualifications to be eligible for central govt. jobs.

In view of the recent decision taken in the 33rd Council Meeting that the Chairman, DEC would consider according ex-post facto approval to all Universities as a one time measure who have applied to the DEC for ex-post facto recognition of their programmes.
The following Universities have applied to the DEC for ex-post facto recognition of their programmes:

1. BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan
2. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
3. Shreemati Nathibai Daodar Thackersey (SNDT)Women’s University, Mumbai, Maharashtra
4. Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
5. Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
6. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
7. Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka
8. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli , Tamil Nadu
9. Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, Maharashtra
10. Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
11. Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
12. University of North Bengal, Darjeeling, West Bengal
13. Periyar University, Salem, Tamil Nadu
14. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
15. Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
16. SCDL, Pune, Maharashtra
17. Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
18. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
19. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

A Standing Committee was constituted by the Chairman, DEC to examine the above mentioned proposals and verify the data submitted by them. Based on the recommendations of the Standing Committee the Council considered and accorded ex-post facto approval to the following institutions and the programmes offered by them after 1.3.1995 till 2007-08.

i) BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan
ii) Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
iii) Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
iv) Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
v) Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
vi) Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
vii) Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
viii) Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh
ix) SCDL, Pune, Maharashtra
x) Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
xi) Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa

The case of BITS Pilani was discussed in detail as the nomenclature of the programmes offered by the BITS did not match the nomenclature of programmes prescribed by the UGC. However the Council observed that BITS Pilani is one of quality conscious and reputed institutions of the country. The Council further observed that the students who had obtained their degrees after enrolling in BITS Pilani for its Work Integrated Learning programmes are facing difficulty in the light of the Gazette notification no 44 of MHRD dated 1.3.1995. The Council decided to accord ex-post facto approval to BITS Pilani for the period 1995 to 2007 as an exceptional one time measure. The Council also decided to keep the application of BITS Pilani for regular recognition in abeyance till such time the BITS Pilani changes its nomenclature of the programmes or UGC includes these programmes in its specified list of degrees.

The Council also accepted the recommendations of the Standing Committee that following Institutions should submit the complete information in the prescribed proforma of the DEC for their request to be considered by the Council for ex-post facto approval:
i) SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai, Maharashtra
ii) Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka
iii) Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu
iv) Yashwant Rao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, Maharashtra
v) University of North Bengal, Darjiling, West Bengal
vi) Periyar University, Salem, Tamil Nadu
vii) Manonmaniam Sundarnar University, Tirunelvelli, Tamil Nadu
viii) Bharthiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

Item No. 34.3: To deliberate on the New Policy on Distance Learning in Higher Education by MHRD.

The Council continued the deliberation on the New Policy on Distance Learning in Higher Education of MHRD. The representative of MHRD informed that the MHRD has received the comments of DEC and other stakeholders on the New Policy and are being considered as appropriate. The Council also decided to request the MHRD to kindly send the revised policy as and when it is finalised which may be placed before the Council and other stakeholders so that DEC may communicate its views for the consideration of MHRD before notification of the New Policy. The Council also decided that it may not be made mandatory for an Institution to offer only such programmes through distance mode which are offered by the Institution through regular face to face mode.

Item No. 33.4: Any other Item with the permission of the Chair
Condonation of delay in utilizing developmental grant by TNOU, Chennai
The DEC in its 32nd Meeting had sanctioned a developmental grant of Rs. 3 crore to the Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai. However, the SoE and UC were awaited from the TNOU. The Council accepted University’s request for condonation of delay in utilizing developmental grant for the year 2008-09. The Council condoned the delay in utilization expenditure upto 30th September, 2009 and approved the release of developmental grant to TNOU for the year 2009-10 based on its submission and acceptance of UC and SoE by the Chairman DEC.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair.

(Prof. V. N. Rajasekharan Pillai)
28th March 2011, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

hi this is dhamu i got selected by wipro wase they arrange me to study in bits bilani institute but i dont have maths one of my subject in 12th it cause any disappoinment?
5th April 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

hi...i got placement in wipro..could you share your experience??i really shocked about your opinion..i belong to economically suffering family..could you tell
8th April 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi...i got placement in wipro..could you share your experience??i really shocked about your opinion..i belong to economically suffering family..could you tell

yes it will surely help you stipnd is so good that you can afford ur every due
8th May 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

BITs wipro MS degree is not AICTE approved. i have got that degree. it is of no use for me. when i went for phd program in delhi university. they clearly said that we don't consider you as post graduate as this is not AICTE approved degree. it is only approved by bits for wipro internal.
iam now totally doomed in darknesss thinking that what to do now. i am really finished now. please take this as precise. this is my personal experience , iam sharing you, no outsider can tell u this.
24th May 2011, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE?

Quote:
BITs wipro MS degree is not AICTE approved. i have got that degree. it is of no use for me. when i went for phd program in delhi university. they clearly said that we don't consider you as post graduate as this is not AICTE approved degree. it is only approved by bits for wipro internal.
iam now totally doomed in darknesss thinking that what to do now. i am really finished now. please take this as precise. this is my personal experience , iam sharing you, no outsider can tell u this.
this is true i absolutely agree with you,i am also a waseian,it is NOT AT ALL recognised by aicte and one of my seniors was rejected admission into PHD in iit as it is not recognised by aicte,please dont join and spoil your career and dreams ,it is not worth a thing.
5th June 2011, 05:29 AM
Unregistered

This MS degree is of noo use...
5th June 2011, 05:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
this is true i absolutely agree with you,i am also a waseian,it is NOT AT ALL recognised by aicte and one of my seniors was rejected admission into PHD in iit as it is not recognised by aicte,please dont join and spoil your career and dreams ,it is not worth a thing.
Really this MS degree is of no use....dont put your self into dark....
8th June 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

i am economically weak weak i am selected for wipro,s wage please suggest whether we join or not ankia tayal
8th June 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Is wipro's WASE program helpful for future in terms of being in an IT field.
11th June 2011, 07:50 PM
amit gaur054

My dear friend.......
>yes my friend BITS Pilani MS degree is recoganised by AICTE so dont' worry concentrate on your studies because it bit difficult to crack

best of luck
13th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the market value of WIMS program from BITS, is it getting the same value as WASE?
17th June 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakurbaba307 View Post
if it is from BITS, it is fully recognised, dont worry, bits is a good institution
no it is not recognised by AICTE

VTU, Belgaum, Karnataka does not give admission to Ph.D programmes if you have this degree
19th June 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

It is not AICTE approved.. Many companies doesnt even consider this degree for the job profile.. the only thing which matters is the 4 years experience which ul get n u can enjoy the stipend .. But the MS degree doesnt have much value...
28th June 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

no not recognised ....my personal experience says DONT JOIN
11th July 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

i have got 64.64% in 10th,and i have got 49.83% in 2nd puc and my aggregate in bca is 65.82%.will you select me for your wase program
19th July 2011, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
is joining wipro a good thing or going for mca as the programme they provide is worth or not
19th July 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is not AICTE approved.. Many companies doesnt even consider this degree for the job profile.. the only thing which matters is the 4 years experience which ul get n u can enjoy the stipend .. But the MS degree doesnt have much value...
then joining wipro is a good thing or not i m really confused plzzzzz help in which company we can apply with this degree
31st July 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

is mtech research eligibile for assistant professor in engg college
1st August 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Is BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro VLSI employees on microelectronics recognised by AICTE?
2nd August 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Is MS from Bits Pilani which is sponsered by WIPRO a fulltime post graduate degree?Is this approved by AICTE?Do revert ASAP.
4th August 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

is wims is good
4th August 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

is wase is good or wims..?
5th August 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Is Really BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase recognised by AICTE or not?
9th August 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

HI

I am a WASEIAN at Wipro

TO bring this discussion on hold
1.) BITS Pilani Degree is not recognized by AICTE
2.) The criteria for selection of students in WASE was minimum 60% in 10th 12th and bachelors
3.) The difference between WASE and WIMS
WASE
-They are into solution development and support in various technologies.Java Oracle Sibel etc
-given MS in Software Engineering

WIMS
-MS in System Engineering.
-These are into Hardware and networking at times in field Jobs also

Both are equally good and PG courses but would recommend everyone to go for a full time course than going for the same if you have some compulsion.
The best thing which I feel with this course is 4 years experience .
At times u will also feel that you are trapped for 4yrs in the company
20th August 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

hi everyone. .. this is basha. from vellore...
i've got selected by the team of wipro in one campus selection in bangalore...
The interview was happend in 18 of july..
later on i got a letter stated as " Congratulation on selected for wipro"
but the date of joining is not mentioned in that letter,,,
when would be my date of joining and is it good to join in wipro as wasian.....
coz i belongs to the family where my dad is the only bread winner.. ,,
21st August 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Is it good to be a part of wipro wase . Plzzzz help me
27th August 2011, 07:11 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

BITS Pilani is the best institution in india.
BITS Pilani MS Degree with Wipro's Wase is definately
recognised by AICTE.
31st August 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Hi am harisankar, doing b.sc electronics and communication selected for wase programme.I dnt hav ny experiance in software field.So I nd to know whether it is easy for me to study and complete it with out any arrears?
5th September 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am ArunKumar working in Capgemini company. can any one tell whether i can join MS software System in BITS PILANI through this company?
8th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi..!

This is Shiva.

I was attented to "WASE" test on Aug 27th., i was passed out all round's and i reached to HR round.. I was waiting for call letter, when they were going to send the letter.. i dont known whether i was successed in that round are not. but., the HR mam said me that.. our team will be in touch with u..! so., please send me the information whether i was passed out are not... Pls tell me that wen they will select the members and when they were going to send call letters..

pls rply to my mail... " [email protected]" Waiting for your rply....!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?