30th January 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Can a biology student in 12th join computer engineering?

Can a biology student in +2 can join computer engineering? ...plese tell me if its possible to do so

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in Bioinformatics after studying biology in 12th? I am a computer engineering student
  2. How to join medical after passing 12th Biology?
  3. Should I drop my engineering after 3rd sem and join B.Sc program as my future aim is to do MBBS? Can I get admission in MBBS after doing B.Sc as I do not have biology in 12th?
  4. Which are the best courses for me to join in the field of Biology after completion of 12th class with Biology?
  5. How can I join engineering college after studying biology
  6. Can I join computer science engineering after completing 2nd PU with Biology? Why is mechanical engineering preferred?
  7. Which branch should I join after completing 12th if I am interested in Biology?
  8. How should I join Bioinformatics after passing 12th Biology?
  9. How can I join commerce field after 12th Biology?
  10. Possibility to study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering for 12th Commerce student? -- [New]
  11. Can I join Genetic Engineering being a student of Computer Science in 12th Class?
  12. Can I join btech nanotechnology if I took computer as major course instead of biology?
  13. How to do a course of Architecture Engineering? I am a student of class 12th of Biology Stream
  14. Am I eligible to study biomedical engineering after passing 12th with Biology?
  15. Is there any scope of join computer science department after passing 12th in biology stream?
  16. Which branch of engineering is best for a student who has completed 12th with biology?
  17. How to join 4 years BS course in Biology Faculty after studying 12th with Mains Subject in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
  18. Should I take up PCMB or PCMS in 11th?
31st January 2012, 04:54 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can a biology student in 12th join computer engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a biology student in +2 can join computer engineering? ...plese tell me if its possible to do so

CAN A 12TH BIOLOGY STUDENT JOIN COMPUTER ENGINEERING?

Yes off-course a Biology student can join for B.Tech Computer Science there is no restriction for that.

-> Biology student have the option of selecting either Medical or Engineering that's the added benifit of the course, since Maths, Physics, Chemistry is already there along with Biology which is also needed for Engineering course.

-> So if you are interested in doing Computer Science course and feel that you have not scored good marks to apply for medical then you can go ahead and apply for Computer Science course in some best college.

-> Try to apply for AIEEE exam and apply for the good colleges with the AIEEE marks.

-> I have attached the top 100 Engineering colleges list in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed..

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum..

Quote:
"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Top_100_Engineering_Colleges.pdf(77.6 KB, 1905 views)
31st January 2012, 05:19 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a biology student in 12th join computer engineering?

Dear pal,
yes it is possible that a biology student can do engineering provided if you have chosen mathematics as your subject in the 2. Otherwise it is not possible at all. For all the engineering disciplines you need mathematics and so it is made mandatory. But for all the exam you need to have secured a minimum of 50% in the exam and relaxation is provided as per your category.
There are many exams which are conducted both at national and state level. The national level entrance exam are aieee and iit jee through which you are admitted to the colleges in India. But you need a good preparation in order to get colleges through it. The syllabus for the exam includes subjects namely physics, chemistry and mathematics and not biology. Being a national level exam they includes more of cbse syllabus. But in few states like tamil nadu admission is based on the marks secured by the aspirant in the 2 exam in subjects namely physics, chemistry and more weightage is given to mathematics.
31st January 2012, 05:19 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai frnd
i think your not eligible for b.tech course
because any one subject maths in 12th stands
31st January 2012, 05:41 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a biology student can join for B.tech computer Engineering as the eligibilitry criteria for the same is as under-

The following eligibility is needed to pursue B Tech (Computer Engineering):

1. A student needs to clear higher secondary from a recognized board with very high marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

2. Some institutions may also ask for an admission test for admission into the course.

There is no hard & fast rule for the biology student to go the the medical only.If He wishes to pursue Engineering then He can.The course gives you knowledge both in the field of electronic engineering and computer science to enable you to not only understand electronics but also both the hardware and software side of computers.
31st January 2012, 06:06 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Hi Friend,

if you are purely a biology student i.e Biology, Physics and Chemistry as your subjects then i am sorry to say this you are not allowed to join computer science engineering.
to join this one should have studied maths as compulasry subject.

if you are an M.B.P.C student then there is no doubt that you can choose Computer Science Engineering as your Engineering branch.

All the best
31st January 2012, 06:30 PM
pragati kashyap

no sorry its not possible but if you had mathematics in +2 then it can be possible.but ya you can do engineering in biotech.
31st January 2012, 06:33 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Criteria To be an Engineer

1.>You should qualify the 10+2 standard examination With minimum 50% marks.For SC/ST/PD relaxation is available as per Government Rule.

2.>Your age must be minimum 18 years.

3.>Then you have to qualify the Engineering entrance examination

According to the eligibility criteria you can go for Computer Engineering

For that you have to Qualify one Engineering Entrance Examination. Like:-

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

WBJEE

BITSAT

National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) ETC.

THEN YOU CAN GO FOR:-

1.>Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology,www.kiit.ac.in/

2.>FUTURE INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT,www.fiemonline.org/

3.>Techno India College of Technology,http://tictcollege.in/

4.>HALDIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,www.hithaldia.in/

5.>Heritage Institute of Technology,www.heritageit.edu/

6.>Institute of Engineering and Management,www.iem.ac.in/

7.>Mallabhum Institute of Technology,www.mitbishnupur.com/

8.>College of Engineering And Management,Kolaghat,www.cemkolaghat.org/

9.>B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology,www.bppimt.ac.in/

10.>Narula Institute of Technology,www.nit.ac.in/
31st January 2012, 07:10 PM
ashok73

Yes off-course a Biology student can join for B.Tech Computer Science there is no restriction for that.

-> Biology student have the option of selecting either Medical or Engineering that's the added benifit of the course, since Maths, Physics, Chemistry is already there along with Biology which is also needed for Engineering course.

-> So if you are interested in doing Computer Science course and feel that you have not scored good marks to apply for medical then you can go ahead and apply for Computer Science course in some best college.

-> Try to apply for AIEEE exam and apply for the good colleges with the AIEEE marks.

-> I have attached the top 100 Engineering colleges list in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed..
31st January 2012, 07:13 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend , you are very much eligible. Biology in 12th standard will not create any problem to get admission. You can easily apply for different exams like ::

* I.I.T.
* A.I.E.E.E.
* J.E.E.

For those only P.C.M. is mandatory in 12th standard. Here in below all thee eligible criteria are mentioned details ::

A.I.E.E.E. 2012 Eligibility Criteria:-

* For AIEEE a candidate needs to pass in Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics is compulsory subjects & at least one of the subjects among Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology.
* And for Architecture Courses Mathematics is compulsory subjects in class 12th with at least 50% marks aggregate.

http://www.aieee.nic.in

good luck.
31st January 2012, 07:35 PM
prafvik

If you have maths subject then you can go for that unless you are not eligible in any way.
31st January 2012, 07:50 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Generally the Bio Science students are not eligible to persue Engineering.........

Bio Science students have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects

But the eligibility of Persuing engineering is the students must have PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and MATH.

So the only Bio Science students who have Maths as their obtional subject can join Engineering.

Those who are eligible for engineering are also eligible for Computer Engineering.

Best Of Luck.........
28th April 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

can i do b.tech from biology?
28th April 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

can i do b.tech from biology
29th April 2012, 12:44 AM
Bhargav.student

Yeah biology students are eligible for any engineering stream . But these students generally feel difficult to study Computer Subjects , so avoid CSE , IT .
And it is advisable to take coaching for Basic C programming before joining engineering
29th April 2012, 10:09 AM
bunty00

hy,
yes offcourse you can join computer engineering provided you have taken maths as an optional subject or in the main subject.
1st June 2012, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

I'm a biology student, but i dont want to choose engineering courses related to bio.... please tell me what are all the possible engineering courses that can be opted.....
p.s: my subjects are- physics, chemistry,maths, biology,English ...
5th June 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

What are the difficulties faced in b.tech computer engineering if i didn not have computer in 10 2 ?
5th January 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that can a bio student who have scored in 12 with 66% can take addmission in engg. feild and can face pet and aieee and biotechnology scientist course?
15th April 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

what are the possible courses can someone who did maths,biology and geography do at university level?
30th May 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I wantr to become an engineer i passed 10 2pcb plz tell me which branch take
15th July 2013, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

can i join any stream of engineering with bio with math
15th May 2014, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Can a biology student in 12th join computer engineering?

Quote:
I'm a biology student, but i dont want to choose engineering courses related to bio.... please tell me what are all the possible engineering courses that can be opted.....
p.s: my subjects are- physics, chemistry,maths, biology,English ...
even m having d same problem... i had full hope on mbbs ......... but no... i dont think so...... so next option is engineering........ i thought of bio tech ........ but i hear dat its nt a good scope....... so maybe im deciding on computer eng.........
11th July 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i am bio-maths student,without taking computer as my opt.subject in 1and 2 ,will be there any difficult to study BE computerscience
6th September 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I have math in 11th and biology in 12th...Can I join mechanical engineering at any university of USA?
3rd November 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i am intresting in computer science but i am a bio student and in my school there is no additional subject
24th March 2015, 04:26 AM
Unregistered

I am a bio student no maths as additional subject can I do software engineering
27th March 2015, 02:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes a biology student can join computer engineering course after 12th if he/she has mathematics as one of the subjects in their 12th otherwise you are not eligible for this course .

But friend if you not enjoying medical field and are interested in technical field then you have some options available for you which are mentioned below :-

(i) Biotechnology .

(ii) Microbiology .

(iii) Biochemical engineering .

Also you can go for simply graduation and look for competitive examinations or civil services examination later on .
1st May 2015, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem without studying computer in 12th and opting for computer science engineering for B-tech course
21st June 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Just now i completed my schooling .i am a biology student in 2. Now i wish to take b.e.( computer science engineering..) i do not have any computer knowledge. Will i able to study to computer science....
1st July 2015, 06:37 PM
mohitpanwar06

yes it is possible that a biology student can do engineering provided if you have chosen mathematics as your subject in the 2. Otherwise it is not possible at all. For all the engineering disciplines you need mathematics and so it is made mandatory. But for all the exam you need to have secured a minimum of 50% in the exam and relaxation is provided as per your category.
There are many exams which are conducted both at national and state level. The national level entrance exam are aieee and iit jee through which you are admitted to the colleges in India. But you need a good preparation in order to get colleges through it.
9th November 2015, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

How difficult is computer science for a student who had taken PCMB in 2 and has now taken computer science in engineering?? Or how easy it is??
24th February 2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I am going to join in class 11.Im confused that whether i can go for software engineering when i take biomaths in class 11?,?
26th February 2016, 08:48 PM
harsh@95

You can join Computer Science only if you have Maths along with Biology otherwise you are not eligible for computer science.

To join any engineering stream Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics(PCM) is must and you can have Biology(PCMB) as an additional subject, only if you are really interested in Biology otherwise you can go with PCM only that will be most suitable for you and your career.

And if you really want to pursue in Computer engineering you can reappear for XII exam by taking only Maths as an additional subject.
20th May 2016, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I do b tech IT or computer engineering after taking biomaths in plus two
25th March 2017, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

12th Std student of having Physics, Chemistry, Biology without Mathematics but having additional subject of Computer Science. Can I get admission in BE/B Tech Computer Science.
13th July 2017, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

How difficult is computer science for a student who had taken PCMB in 2 and has now taken computer science in engineering?
24th July 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja mallarapu View Post
Hi Friend,

if you are purely a biology student i.e Biology, Physics and Chemistry as your subjects then i am sorry to say this you are not allowed to join computer science engineering.
to join this one should have studied maths as compulasry subject.

if you are an M.B.P.C student then there is no doubt that you can choose Computer Science Engineering as your Engineering branch.

All the best
Thank you sir for positive results.But is it easier?
28th July 2017, 04:29 AM
Deepti bittal

Hello, Dear, if you have taken mathematics at 10+2 level then you can certainly apply for B. Tech courses.

If not then am afraid, you will not be able to become an engineer.

Good luck
2nd January 2018, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Can a biology student in 12th join computer engineering?

No this is not possible and you forget it and join BCA course for become a computer engineer
27th March 2018, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

I have not studied computer science in 11th &12th. Syllabus because I am a bio maths student, so if I am join a software engineering, what are the courses to finish before the college joining useful to us?
24th April 2018, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Is a student with Mathematics, physics as main subject with a certificate of Computer course is elligible for b.tech CSE?
16th July 2019, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Can a bio maths students join in btech IT with only some basic computer knowledge ?
Is IT easy for bio maths students?
21st April 2022, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

I am having PCB in 12 and now i want to do b.tech by computer science what's the procedure for that according to new education policy
1st May 2022, 05:41 PM
Naresh199

Yes a biology student can join computer engineering course after 12th if he/she has mathematics as one of the subjects in their 12th otherwise you are not eligible for this course .
2nd May 2022, 12:37 PM
Naresh199

Yes a biology student can join computer engineering course after 12th if he/she has mathematics as one of the subjects in their 12th otherwise you are not eligible for this course
17th May 2022, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I have biology, chemistry and physic in class 12 can i able for bsc computer science (software) please give me ans sir.
11th June 2022, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am a bio student no maths as additional subject can I do software engineering
i have the same question, please answer!
11th June 2022, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

can a bio student become software engineer after 12 science in India without taking maths ???
11th August 2022, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I'm 12th biology student can i get admission in BS IT OR COMPUTER.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?