18th February 2012, 09:30 PM
Bharath bt

Can correspondence PG students take NET exam?

My friend studying correspodance m.com, can he take net exam and it consider to get job?

Related Questions:
  1. Best correspondence material for UGC NET(Life Science) and GATE?
  2. Top colleges for Average Students in DU for engineering Hons course? Are correspondence graduation courses valid?
  3. Is it possible for me to attend for NET Exam after completion of M.Com in Correspondence being a candidate with an age of 45 years?
  4. Can BSc correspondence course graduate apply for NET exam?
  5. When is the NET exam for Arts students? Is December NET for Arts students?
  6. Best coaching for preparation of NET (Chemistry) through correspondence course
  7. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  8. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry course through correspondence?
  9. Can I write NET Exam having completed B.Sc and MCA in Correspondence?
  10. Which is the best coaching available for CLAT in Bilaspur Chhatisghar?
  11. Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?
  12. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for correspondence M.A.(Political Science) postgraduate? Job opportunities for NET qualified candidate in Delhi?
  13. Am I eligible for UGC NET after completing MSc Chemistry through correspondence?
  14. Date of sale of B.Com prospectus for correspondence students? Fees of 1st year for correspondence student?
  15. Can I join bank PO after correspondence degree?
  16. Procedure to do LLB course in Correspondence? How to apply for this course? Fee structure and Duration for this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I do Ph.D in Marketing through correspondence mode when am outside India? -- [New]
  18. Can I go for NET and Ph.D if I do another MBA through correspondence?
19th February 2012, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can correspondence PG students take NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharath bt View Post
My friend studying correspodance m.com, can he take net exam and it consider to get job?
If your correspondence course is approved by UGC then you are applicable for NET exam otherwise not.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

From this year NET exam pattern should be change and the pattern may be this type.

For Paper I-

It's has 60 Question.Out of 60 Question , you can answered 50 Question.Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (09.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.)

For Paper II-

It has 50 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 100 marks.The time duration for this session is 1¼ Hours (10.45 a.m. to 12.00 Noon.)

For Paper III-

It has 75 question.All Question are compulsory . Total marks of this paper is 150 marks.The time duration for this session is 2½ Hours (01.30 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.)

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

19th February 2012, 01:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, If you have completed your Post graduate degree course from a recognised university then definitely you are eligible for NET Examination.

Any Post graduate candidates are eligible for NET Examination, But you have to scored minimum 55% marks from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination

NET Examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year.

This year JUNE NET Examination Notification will be Published soon in the month of April and eligible candidates may fill the application form Online Only.

The Pattern of NET Examination was changed but it is Implemented in the month of June 2012.

From this year all the papers of NET will be Objective and there is no descriptive papers in NET Examination and there is no Negative marking in the examination.

The syllabus of NET Examination is Same and it is availiable in the official website and you have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of post graduation.

So, If you have completed your Post graduation then you are eligible for NET Examination and for more information check official website :

ugcnetonline.in
19th February 2012, 02:24 PM
sulemanpathan

Thumbs up Re: Can correspondence PG students take NET exam?

Quote:
HI bharath,

CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY

i)

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

ii)

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.

iii)
The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

iv)

Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.

v)

Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their OBC(Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PH/VH certificate along with online printout of their Application Forms (obtained while applying on-line). Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility alongwith printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.

vi)

Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)

EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP) :

i)

NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.

ii)
The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.

iii)

For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.

For my knowledge you are eligible for NEt. ok.
For communication contact the follwing details.

Contact Details

If you have any query, contact to us using following details.
Email Id: [email protected]

Help Line No.: 011-24113447
All the best.
Regard
pathan.
19th February 2012, 04:04 PM
priyanka_22

Dear,

Surely there is no issue if you are pursuing PG in correspondence you can take NET Exam well, but first do concentrate on your studies at depth that matters.

Cause knowledge of you subjects matters while taking NET and not the type how you pursued PG.

Best Regards
19th February 2012, 05:03 PM
ankitkrmishra

Yes, Off course you can take NET exam.
Net exam qualification is post graduation, so your friend has completed ite post graduation by correspondence, no matter.
Minimum qualification of NET exam is 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).
19th February 2012, 08:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for NET examination if you have completed your post graduation from a recognised University.

NET- NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is an examination conducted by UGC two times every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The eligible candidate should be a Post Graduate Degree holder in any discipline from a recognised University with 55% marks.

The minimum age for NET is 19 years and there is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship. But candidate applying for JRF should be within 28 years of age.

The notification for June NET exam will be announced in the month of April this year which can only be applied through on line.

From this year there will be no descriptive type questions as the pattern is changed and all the questions asked in NET are objective type.

The detailed information about syllabus and other relevant information can be obtained from the official website of UGC i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in
19th February 2012, 11:14 PM
rvidyasagar

A correspondence degree is not a bar on sitting for NET exam. You are certainly eligible provided you meet other eligibility conditions.

June prog for NET exam has been announced. The exam is scheduled to take place on 17th June. You may see the details in the page http://csirhrdg.res.in/netjune2012notice.pdf
24th February 2012, 05:07 AM
tanu47

Yes dear,
you will be eligible to appear for NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST examination if you have completed your post graduation from a recognized University.
good luck
8th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

is ignou ugc recognised? is student with pg done from ignou eligible for net?
28th September 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i m doing Correspondce of MBA 3rd Semester so can i face to Coming December NET Exam ?please reply me ,,,
5th December 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Can MBA student is eligible for NET exam?
12th January 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Can a person after completing 3rd semester (MA in Jouranlism and Mass communication-though correspondence) appear in NET UGC exam?
24th January 2013, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Can A Chartered Accountant without completing PG take NET exam?
5th December 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

If a person has done pg diploma in hr from ignou is he eligible for net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?