11th September 2010, 03:34 PM
yatin.patil01

Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?

Hello friends

My self Yatin Patil i m diploma holder in Civil Engineering. I m Pass out diploma in 2009-2010 from Government Polytechnic Jalgaon & want to be an Engineer. Can i get admission in direct 2nd year eningeering in IIT if yes then how to apply for it & which entrance is necessary to give for taking admission in IIT in academic year 2011-2012

11th September 2010, 05:08 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

Default Re: Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?

yes you can take admission in IIT after diploma by b.tech lateral entry. you can see the propectus of IIT which is come out in november or you can see the website of iit. please see more information in www.iitjee.ac.in thanking you. best of luck
11th September 2010, 05:44 PM
noproblem

Default Re: Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?

hello friend
yes ,diploma holders get direct admission in 2nd yearif they have a diploma in the respective field
you can apply through lateral entry
11th September 2010, 06:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Lateral entry into the second year of a B.Tech program in IIT is currently not available. I f you are very particular in applying for IIT you will have to start fresh from the first year and for that you will have to write the IIT JEE exam of 2011-12. If you dont want to waste and year and want to opt for a lateral entry, you can opt for other engineering colleges in India.
11th September 2010, 07:57 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
I appreciate your feeling regards IITs, but sorry to say that there are no any scope to enter in IITs directly in second year after diploma course.

Not only in IIT even you can't enter in NIT also in second year after your diploma degree.

One thing you can do, you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by state board of engineering university like WBUT,BPUT,MPUT etc.

good luck.
11th September 2010, 08:07 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

no my dear,a procedure must be followed to get get admission in IIT.you cant get admission directly in IIT.
11th September 2010, 09:49 PM
Saikiran M

Exclamation It is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in IIT's directly through diploma course

Mr. yatin patil,

It is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in IIT's directly through
diploma course.

To get admission into IIT's you will have to apply for IITJEE-11 and qualify the exam
with good marks. After qualifying the above exam, you will be entering into the 1st year
of B.Tech.

Additional Info
To know all about IITJEE exam procedures, Download this Brochure and read it carefully.

<DOWNLOAD HERE>
(Right click on the link and click on Save Link As.. or Save Target As..)

Good Luck.
MASK
12th September 2010, 02:33 PM
shivanigarg_4u

sorry dear i think lateral entry in b.tech is not available in IIT you will have to clear the entrance exam then only you can get the admission.
12th September 2010, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

thanks u friends for u r guidance now i have to take admission in Maharashtra university coll to save my 1year n IIT is now for PG
12th September 2010, 09:21 PM
chaitu667

Hello friend!

There is no such possibility to enter in to IIT's without giving IIT-JEE exam. After giving that entrance exam you have to start from the beginning of the course. For further more details please visit the official website of IIT-JEE:
"http://iitjee.ac.in/"

Good luck!
14th September 2010, 01:10 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Sorry according to the eligiblity criteria there is no such entry criteria in IITs. Yeah youc an get admission to IITs after your diploma but you wont get the advantage of direct second year admission to 2nd year instead you will be alloted 1st year

So if you dont mind that 1 year then surely give JEE a try...
Best of luck
8th October 2010, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

can a diploma holder can participate in iit-jee exam for be 1st year.
11th October 2010, 10:46 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can't take admisson in IIT after Diploma.

through lateral entry test, diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering can't join in IITs.

as to join iits, students should have to appear in the the IIT-JEE EXAM.

all the best............
12th October 2010, 02:02 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin.patil01 View Post
Hello friends

My self Yatin Patil i m diploma holder in Civil Engineering. I m Pass out diploma in 2009-2010 from Government Polytechnic Jalgaon & want to be an Engineer. Can i get admission in direct 2nd year eningeering in IIT if yes then how to apply for it & which entrance is necessary to give for taking admission in IIT in academic year 2011-2012
dear friend,

It is not possible for direct second year admission.because at IITs there is no seperate lateral entry.so please try any govt engineering colleges.

good luck.
26th October 2010, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

shall we take admission in iit appearing in diploma after 12th
26th November 2010, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

which semester results are considered in diploma for direct second year admision in degree college!
29th November 2010, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i am not enter in second year in iit but only can i give on the basis of diploma jee entrance exam
30th November 2010, 12:59 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hello friends

you can not get into second year,because there is no lateral entry.You only get admission through IITJEE.

All the best.
10th December 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

hi ....which year results are taken in consideration or given first preference while taking admission in direct second year -atul
4th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i am diploma computer science holder can i am addmission in iit or nit
19th January 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

can diploma pass student get admission in reserch centre of abdul kalam or baba or other. if yes then how
2nd February 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

sr i m harish bhaskar i went to admission of iit aiee my qulifiction is1th pass 2nd divisn i compleat to diploma in engineering my diploma persantage of 72 persant m i apring exam iit aieee
4th February 2011, 01:41 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello friends

no u can't get admission directly in 2nd year .u have to qualify the iit exam to get admission in iit .
8th February 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i am a diploma student of electrical engineering .i m pass out diploma in 2009-2010 from vjti mumbai. can i get an admission in iit.
8th February 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

i am a diploma student of electrical engineering . i m pass out diploma in 2009-2010 from vjti mumbai .can i get an admission in iit.
9th February 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,

iam doing my deploma in post gradution (EMBEDDED SYSYEM DESINE FROM C-DAC) and i have done B.E in (E.C.E) .IS there any proceture so that i could get admission in IIT for post graduation .
9th March 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

can a diploma completed student enter into engineering through EAMCET?
what certificates should they attach to the application?
please inform me as soon as possible
10th March 2011, 12:17 AM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

It is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in IIT's directly through
diploma course.

To get admission into IIT's you will have to apply for IITJEE-11 and qualify the exam
with good marks. After qualifying the above exam, you will be entering into the 1st year
of B.Tech.
10th March 2011, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

can i appear for both polytecnic courses and class 11 and i2 courses?
10th March 2011, 11:43 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?

yes you are eligible for taking lateral entry in IIT but there ins some rule and regulations that rule full-filled by you then you can take admission in IIT. for more information you can see prospectus 2011.
10th March 2011, 11:53 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no there are no lateral entry scheme in IIT so that you can take admission directly into second year of engineering.

if you want to take admission in IIT you have to appear in IIT JEE. if you can crack it then through counseling you may take admission in first year of engineering in IIT.

otherwise after your diploma if you really want to take admission in second year directly then you should try for other institution. and for this you have to appear in lateral entry examination. this is a state level examination .various state conduct this examination to take admission of diploma student in engineering directly into second year in there state institution. this will save your one year. so you may choose this.

best wishes.
10th March 2011, 12:07 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Hello friends

You will not get admission directly in IITS ,IITS takes those student who passed 10+2 exam and one year gaped .
you will get directly admission in state exam but in that you have to give a entrance exam .
BEST OF LUCK
10th March 2011, 12:38 PM
yogs.singh

with diploma you can not get admission in IIT directly in second year.
if you want admission in iit then you have to first clear the iitjee exam and then you will get admission in first year not in second year.

- same is case with NITS.

- if you want to get admission in second year then you will get in state level colleges.

good luck
10th March 2011, 05:03 PM
mishra245

Yes, you can directly for the IIT-JEE exam in second year after getting the degree of the diploma course.
the form is same for all candidates you can fill the form by:
Buying from the SBI bank or:
Filling online form from the website of the IIT's.
the full procedure is given in the prospectus and also in the official website of the IIT's.
24th March 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma student in 4th sem.I want to get admission in IIT college. So which is the enters exam for that.And my still result will affect on that?
12th April 2011, 02:33 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
Sorry according to the eligiblity criteria there is no such entry criteria in IITs. Yeah youc an get admission to IITs after your diploma but you wont get the advantage of direct second year admission to 2nd year instead you will be alloted 1st year

thanks
6th May 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i am computer science diploma holder student.i am interested to take admission in IIT 1st year also.is it possible for me to take admission directly in 1st year.
23rd May 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i am a polytechnic student in civil branch and i have to take addmission in iit then i am how to do this?
30th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

sir, plz tell me the total number of 2008 diploma students in india
30th May 2011, 07:14 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Hello friends

Hii,
First you should apply for that if you clear the written and interview test then you have achance to take admission on direct 2nd year .

Good luck..
ankur
14th June 2011, 10:15 PM

Default for shipping job

hi my name Lalit rai please send your resume
23rd June 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GO FOR AIEEE AFTER DIPLOMA
26th June 2011, 03:31 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Hello friends

Dear Friend,

Yes it is possible through BTECH lateral entry. You can go through in details of IIT website.

Prospectus issued by them is also directed the same thing.

For more details please visit www.iitjee.ac.in.

Regards,

Ramjash
29th June 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hi...
i am a diploma holder student in IT . can i take admission in IIT.
2nd July 2011, 10:24 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

diploma holder student can take admission in iit if and only if you qualified iitjee exam of present year .
29th July 2011, 11:58 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

no there are no lateral entry scheme in IIT so that you can take admission directly into second year of engineering.

if you want to take admission in IIT you have to appear in IIT JEE. if you can crack it then through counseling you may take admission in first year of engineering in IIT.

otherwise after your diploma if you really want to take admission in second year directly then you should try for other institution. and for this you have to appear in lateral entry examination. this is a state level examination .various state conduct this examination to take admission of diploma student in engineering directly into second year in there state institution. this will save your one year. so you may choose this.

Thanks
16th August 2011, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

i m a 10th passed. can i get admission in iit after diploma in mechanical engineering
25th August 2011, 11:13 PM
rooppickey

i completed diploma in the year 2009{with 8 arrears}.. last april i cleared 7 papers... now i got 1 pending {just practical} which i will get passed in april 2012... am i eligible to join iit jee 2012 entrance {my d.o.b is 1989}.. my age is 22... kindly enlighten me
3rd December 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

can diploma holder get admission in IIT in first year
3rd January 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i have admission after diploma. &how to go there?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?