27th May 2012, 10:18 PM
sahil agri

Can I appear for CDS exam while in commerce stream?

i wanna knw that can i go from giving cds exam?????...please tell me my chances

27th May 2012, 11:54 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CDS exam while in commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil agri View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you ate eligible for Combine Defence services exam after passing graduation with commerce stream.

Combine Defence services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Candidate who pass graduation or appearing in Final year graduation exam is eligible for C.D.S.

Age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of notification:- 02.06.2012
Last date of submission of form:- 02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
28th May 2012, 01:18 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil agri View Post
CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year . CDS Examination is conducted for recruitment of Military , OTA , Naval , Air force Academy .

To apply for this examination candidate must have a minimum qualification is completed graduate degree and there is no percentage bar required for this examination . So while pursing in the commerce stream then you are not eligible to apply for Naval and Air force Academy . But you can eligible to apply for Military and OTA .

Eligibility Criteria for Military :-

Candidate who have passed graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for Military Examination. Age limits for this examination is 19 years and 24 years at the time of appearing and no relaxation is applicable.Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Military Academy . Do not have any backlogs while appearing for this examination .

Eligibility Criteria for OTA :-

Candidate who have passed graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for Officer training Academy Examination. Age limits for this examination is 19 years and 25 years at the time of appearing and no relaxation is applicable.Unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply for Officer training Academy

CDS I notification was already completed . CDS II notification will be available on 02/06/12 , last date for receipt of application is 02/07/12 and the examination will be held on 16/09/12.

Official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
28th May 2012, 02:11 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Combind Defence Service

Yes you can appear for I.M.A and OTA in CDS because Graduate in any stream candidate can apply for this.

CDS exam conducted by upsc every year two time for--

A. IMA
B. Navel Academy
C. Air force academy
D. OTA

Qualification:-

1.For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy--
Candidate should be graduate degree from recognized University.

2.For Naval Academy-- Candidate should be B.Sc.(with Physics &
Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering.

3.For Air Force Academy-- Candidate should be graduate degree from
Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age limit-

Age should be between 19 to 24 for IMA.
Age should be between 19 to 22 for Navel Academy.
Age should be between 19 to 23 for Air force academy.
Age should be between 19 to 25 for OTA.

http://www.upsconline.nic.in-- You can apply online.
28th May 2012, 02:13 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah yes shore you are eligible for CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam.

CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in every year i.e
CDS-I,
CDS-II.

CDS has four types of wings:

Indian military academy,
Indian airforce,
Indian naval academy,
Officer training academy.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation or equivalent in any stream from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required to appear CDS exam.

The applicant should be persuing final year exams is also eligible.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

The candidate should be physically fit.

Age criteria:

For naval academy 19 years to 22 years,

For airforce academy 19 years to 23 years,

For military 19 years to 24 years,

For officer training 19 years to 25 years.

Selection process:

Written test,
Interview,
Medical test.

For more details visit the official website of UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
28th May 2012, 02:23 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

HAI.....

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination
and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year . CDS Examination is conducted for recruitment of Military , OTA , Naval , Air force Academy .

To apply for this examination candidate must have a minimum qualification is completed graduate degree and there is no percentage bar required for this examination . So while pursing in the commerce stream then you are not eligible to apply for Naval and Air force Academy . But you can eligible to apply for Military and OTA .

Eligibility Criteria for Military :-

Candidate who have passed graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for Military Examination. Age limits for this examination is 19 years and 24 years at the time of appearing and no relaxation is applicable.Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Military Academy . Do not have any backlogs while appearing for this examination .

Eligibility Criteria for OTA :-

Candidate who have passed graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for Officer training Academy Examination. Age limits for this examination is 19 years and 25 years at the time of appearing and no relaxation is applicable.Unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply for Officer training Academy

CDS I notification was already completed . CDS II notification will be available on 02/06/12 , last date for receipt of application is 02/07/12 and the examination will be held on 16/09/12.

Official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
28th May 2012, 02:26 AM
cool nitin

Dear friend
You can apply for your cds examination but before that you have to complete your graduation and you have no right to the admission in the air force or the military lines but you have a definite chance in the military and the ota
I hope it helps
Happy to help
Thanks and visit again
28th May 2012, 02:27 AM
cool nitin

Dear friend
You can apply for your cds examination but before that you have to complete your graduation and you have no right to the admission in the air force or the military lines but you have a definite chance in the military and the ota
I hope it helps
Happy to help
Thanks and visit again
28th May 2012, 07:19 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you have a commerce background you are eligible to apply for the CDS exam. But you are eligible to join only the army through this scheme. If you wish to join Navy or Air Force you will have to appear for the Short Service Commission exam. To appear for the CDS exam you should not be a female. Also you should be at least 19 years old and not over 25 years old.
28th May 2012, 07:23 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

yes you are eligible for CDS exam with the commerce stream you can eligible only indian military academy with the commerce stream.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducte by the upsc twice in a year.

i.e, CDS-I and CDS-II

CDS has three wings

indian military academy

indian navy

indian air force

Eligibility criteria:

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

the candidate must completed the graduation from a recognized university to eligible for the indian military academy.

Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

There is no minimum percentage required.

The indian air force and navy the candidate need the subjects are mathematics physics and chemistry.

AGE LIMIT:

the candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

Only unmaried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible.

PHYSICAL STANDARD:

the candidate should be physically fit.

IMPORTANT DATES:

CDS I notification was
already completed.

CDS
II notification will be
available on 02/06/12 ,

last date for receipt of
application is 02/07/12

the examination will
be held on 16/09/12.

For more details visit the website

all the best.
28th May 2012, 08:18 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
The details eligibility criteria for CDS exam ,

The list of best books for CDS exam ......

For more details you can visit website of UPSC , because it conducts this exam .

Good luck......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101011319.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	93970  
28th May 2012, 11:50 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Since you are from the B.Com background you will be eligible to apply for I.M.A. or the Officers’ Training Academy. Also only Male candidates are allowed to apply. You are eligible to apply when you are in the final year of graduation. For joining the IMA it is a must to have completed atleast 19 years of age. Also there is a maximum limit of 24 years for appearing for the exam. For the Officers Training Academy the maximum limit is 25 years and minimum is 19 years. Also there is a condition that only unmarried candidates can apply and also during the training period the candidates are not allowed to marry. While registering it is a must to enter the same date as mentioned in the matriculation.
17th September 2017, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Good Evening Every One!!
Want to join army thorugh CDS but i wear spectacle and my both eyes power has -2.0, I'm eligible or not?
Thank you!!
15th January 2018, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 2 with science stream and graduation with commerce (bba). Can I apply for CDs airforce???
19th August 2018, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I join indian navy after graduation or post graduation in commerce field?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?