11th October 2017, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CAT exam to do MBA after completion of 12th standard?

Dear beloved teachers, I want to study MBA after my 12th standard. Can I go to CAT test conducted by IIM'S? Can you please give me the tips which I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon on the same. Thanks!

13th October 2017, 04:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT exam to do MBA after completion of 12th standard?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. The entrance examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission in MBA course. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for MBA exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university with minimum of 50% marks in it.

Senior secondary board passed candidates are not eligible for CAT exam. You can apply for entrance exam of IIM Indore for integrated BBA and MBA after 10+2. If you clear this exam, you will be eligible to pursue five years BBA+MBA course.
13th October 2017, 07:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CAT exam to do MBA after completion of 12th standard?

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and same examination is held by IIMs every year for admission in MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) degree course.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in CAT is a graduation in any discipline with 50% marks ( or 45% for reserved category candidates ) from a recognized university.

So as far as you are concerned about pursuing MBA degree course from IIM by qualifying CAT after your Class 12th studies then it is not possible as per the required educational qualification mentioned above.

For details regarding CAT you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
14th October 2017, 12:57 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

MBA is a Masters course which is Post Graduation.

To pursue that you need to be a Graduate first.

The educational criteria for the MBA program is the candidate should have completed his studies in the pattern of 10+2+3 at least. Then only he gets eligible for CAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?