25th July 2011, 10:18 PM
arunchaudhary123

Can I apply for CDS if my age if 25 years with 58% in PG?

sir m arun chaudhary, i had 58 percent in post grduation , my date of birth is 10 oct 1986... can i apply for cds

26th July 2011, 09:19 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS if my age if 25 years with 58% in PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunchaudhary123 View Post
sir m arun chaudhary, i had 58 percent in post grduation , my date of birth is 10 oct 1986... can i apply for cds
CDS Stands for Combine Defence Service examination and the examination was conducted twice in a year.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your graduation examination and you have completed your Post graduation, so you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination.

And With this entrance examination you can join either IMA, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy And OTA (Officer's training academy).

But you are only eligible to apply for OTA (Officer's training academy) Because you are 25 Years Now. So You are Only eligible to apply for OTA And for this post you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University. The application form you have Obtained form Post offices in India, Eligible candidates are also fill the Online application form by Visit the UPSC Website.

The selection are based on written test and Personal Interview, the questions in OTA Exam are come from English and General Knowledge. The engilsh paper tests the understanding of the English language But General Knowledge questions are come from current events, history of India, geography and from daily Happenings.

So, Please dont worry If you have not crossed the age of 25 years then you are eligible to apply for OTA and If you want to get More Information then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
26th July 2011, 09:49 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The age criteria for CDS exam 2011-
i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iv. For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

My friend as your age is exceed the limit so, sorry to say you that you are not eligible for CDS exam..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 11:45 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts CDS exam for Combine Defence Service examination.CDS examination is conducted twice in a year.you can apply any time.

For CDS greduation is must.you can also apply in final year of your graduation.you are post graduate student you can also apply for this exam.

you are eligible to apply for OTA (Officer's training academy) Because your age is 25 Years at this time.you are not eligible for other post.

In OTA entrance exam English and General Knowledge question are asked.you have to prepare thes question very well.

Notification for CDS exam is published by UPSC you have to visit website of UPSC for all information-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2011, 12:33 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well sorry to say but you are not eligible for the ARMY but you are eligible for the OTA field.CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year .The last date to fill the CDS II exam is over which means that you have only one chance to take CDS exam .It is written exam followed with by SSB and medical .

Eligibility for OTA::

You must have done graduation
Your age should be between 19 to 25 years on 1st January for CDS I .

Eligibility for ARMY

You must have done graduation
Your age should be between 19 to 24 years on 1st January for CDS I

Since you are only eligible for OTA exam iam providing you the pattern of the examination .

English is of 2 Hours and 100 marks
General Knowledge is of 2 Hours and 100 marks

For more information ::http://www.upsc.gov.in/
26th July 2011, 06:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunchaudhary123 View Post
dear friend,

yes , after graduation you are eligible for CDS exam . the eligibility criteria is given below-

Educational Qualification:

1.For Air Force Academy:
Candidates must be a graduate with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2.

2.For Naval Academy:
Candidates must be a graduate in engineering.

3.For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Institue:
Candidates must be a graduate in any field from a recognized university.

Age Limit:

For IMA : 19 - 24 years

For NA : 19 - 22 years

For AFA : 19 - 23 years

For OTA : 19 - 25 years

For more details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
26th July 2011, 10:43 PM
rana2011
Banned

CDS(Combine Defence Service) examination is conducted twice in a year.

To apply for this examination you haveto complete your graduation examination and also have completed your Post graduation.

And in this entrance examination you will get IMA(Indian Naval Academy), Air Force Academy and OTA (Officer's training academy)....

But you are only eligible to apply for OTA (Officer's training academy) Because you are 25 Years Now ,because for other two exam you have already cross your age.So You are Only eligible to apply for OTA And for this post you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
The application form will get form Post offices in India.
Otherwise Eligible candidates are also fill the Online application form by Visit the UPSC Website.

The selection are based on written test and Personal Interview. The questions in OTA Exam are come from English and General Knowledge. The Engilsh paper tests the understanding of the English language But General Knowledge questions are come from current affears, history of India, geography and from daily Happenings....

For more Information please visit the UPSC Official website: -
http://upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
31st July 2011, 01:35 PM
anil_kumar89

UPSC conducts CDS exam for Combine Defence Service examination.CDS examination is
conducted twice in a year.you can apply any time.For CDS greduation is must.you can also
apply in final year of your graduation.you are post graduate student you can also apply for
this exam.

Eligibility

For IMA : 19 - 24 years

For NA : 19 - 22 years
Candidates must be a graduate with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects in
10+2.

For AFA : 19 - 23 years
Candidates must be a graduate with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects in
10+2.

For OTA : 19 - 25 years

you are eligible for the OTA ONLY
19th December 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th class, i want to join army . how to join army but my persentage is low.
6th June 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

has there any mains like subjective exam for OTA?
18th November 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i am 24yr old and belong to SC catgory. So, can i apply in dcs 2013?
11th December 2017, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

SIR, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR 2020 CDS EXAMINATION MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 12/06/1998.AND I M GOING TO COMPLETE MY 2ND YEAR IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2019 AND ON THAT TIME MY AGE WILL BE 21 AND 4 MONTHS.AND SIR AS THEIR AGE ELIGIBILITY IN 2020 MIGHT BE LIKE 01/01/1999
11th December 2017, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

SIR, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR 2020 CDS EXAMINATION MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 12/06/1998.AND I M GOING TO COMPLETE MY 2ND YEAR IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2019 AND ON THAT TIME MY AGE WILL BE 21 AND 4 MONTHS.AND SIR AS THEIR AGE ELIGIBILITY IN 2020 MIGHT BE LIKE 01/01/1999
5th February 2020, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

I'm now 24 years old. Can i give CDS 2020-2021??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?