28th June 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CLAT Exam being a candidate from Distance Education?

i m a student of a distance learning education, so can i apply for clat?

2nd July 2012, 11:11 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CLAT Exam being a candidate from Distance Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Either you have qualified higher secondary exam after pursuing the program through correspondence/distance mode, your certificate must have been issued by a recognized board, either recognized by the central government or the state government.

Now, to be considered eligible for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), you must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. the required percentage of marks is 45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC category.
  • The maximum age limit to take the test is as follows:
For candidates belonging to General and OBC category: 20 years
For candidates belonging to SC/ST category: 22 years

For more information, refer to the official website of CLAT or any of the fourteen national law universities participating in the test.
3rd July 2012, 06:47 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CLAT Exam being a candidate from Distance Education?

>To sit for the CLAT Exam you just have to give your class 12 exam from a recognized university and ensure minimum 50% of marks at 10+2 level.

>Age should be less than 20 years.

CLAT Syllabus:-

English with comprehension
General Knowledge
Current Affairs
Elementary Mathematics
Legal Aptitude
Logical Reasoning

This year's CLAT Exam is already over. Therefore start preparing for next year's exam from now only.

Good luck
3rd July 2012, 09:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CLAT stands for common Law Admission Test and it is an all India entrance examination conducted by 14 National Law Schools for admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes, LL.B & LL.M.

To apply for CLAT Undergraduate degree course, you have to complete your Intermediate examination with minimum 50% marks from a recognised board, final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination. regular and distance candidates, both are eligible for this examination. To apply for this examination your age should not be more than 20 years.

For post graduate courses, you have to complete your LL.B/B.L Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate. There is no upper age restriction to apply for this examination.

The examination is conducted every year and if you have completed your degree then you can apply for this examination next year because for this year examination was already completed.

Eligible candidates may apply for CLAT Examination Online or Offline.

So, please visit the official website of CLAT, to get complete information about the examination Pattern:

http://clat.ac.in
3rd July 2012, 10:12 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
CLAT exam stands for common law admission test.

Eligibility for CLAT UG Programs 2012 :
To be eligible to appear in CLAT 2012, a candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School / Intermediate ( 10+2 ) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate ( 45% in case of SC / ST / OBC and PWD ).**
Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test*. Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General / OBC candidates ( 22 years in case of SC / ST and persons with Disability )** as on 1st July, 2012.
* The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
** Subject to State reservation at the University concerned.

Eligibility for CLAT PG Programs 2012 :
To be eligible for appearing in CLAT 2012, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B / B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate ( 50% in case of SC / ST /OBC and persons with Disability )*.
Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test**.
*Subject to state reservation at the University concerned
**The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
For more,
3rd July 2012, 10:41 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
i just needed to which stage of your academics are you in. Are you talking about your graduation? Then I must tell you that distance or regular is not at all a problem. Only thing which similar to many other courses also, is that, you need to do the course on a degree basis and not diploma or certificate and that too from a recognized university say IGNOU or Amity etc. You can be from any stream arts or science or commerce. You just need to clear it with minimum 40%. Also you get added advantage if you are a masters degree holder(be it from regular or distance). After all this criteria fulfillment you have to sit for CLAT entrance test or Common Law Admission Test and clear it to get admission in the law program of any recognized university.
9th February 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i m rajni.i m doing B.Pharma and i want to leave that degree and want to join law college through CLAT but on correspondence. So, can i join law collage on correspondence?
5th August 2022, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

My degree Mark's 35 % only can I apply for LLB
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?