16th June 2022, 10:36 PM
Manisha_Chavan

Can I apply for a direct entry scheme in CA with a CGPA of 5.77 in graduation with a B.Com from Mumbai University?

Can I apply for a direct entry scheme in CA with a CGPA of 5.77 in graduation with a B.Com from Mumbai University?

31st May 2023, 09:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for a direct entry scheme in CA with a CGPA of 5.77 in graduation with a B.Com from Mumbai University?

For direct entry to CA IPCC (Intermediate Professional Competence Course) by exempting CA CPT, a candidate is required to have completed B.Com. degree course from a recognized university with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.

So, having secured CGPA 5.77 in your B.Com degree under Mumbai University, you grade translates to 51.9670% marks only which means you cannot exempted from CA CPT in order to appear in CA IPCC.
31st May 2023, 10:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for a direct entry scheme in CA with a CGPA of 5.77 in graduation with a B.Com from Mumbai University?

No, you cannot exempt CA CPT and directly appear in CA IPCC having secured CGPA 5.77 in your B.Com degree under Mumbai University, as your grade translates to 51.9670% marks only as per the grade conversion formula (percentage=5.77*CGPA+11) used by your university and for direct entry to CA IPCC (Intermediate Professional Competence Course) by exempting CA CPT, a candidate is required to have completed B.Com. degree course from a recognized university with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?