31st March 2012, 08:55 PM
debignou

Can I apply in IGNOU for MBA course after scoring 48% average marks? When is the exam held?

Hi,

I have got 48% (average) marks in BSc (2 year pass course) from Calcutta University. I have 16 years of work experience.
I would like to know whether I can apply in IGNOU for MBA course. If yes, then will I have to appear for OPENMAT exam ? When is the exam held and how to register for the entrance test ?

Related Questions:
  1. What's the date for admission and timing for B.Tech courses at NIT, Durgapur?
  2. Can I get admission in MBA IGNOU distance after scoring 50% marks in graduation?
  3. Openmat exam form 1 for MBA through IGNOU?
  4. Is it possible to get 60% marks in IGNOU with average preparation?
  5. How to apply for NET exam while pursuing for MBA in finance from IGNOU?
  6. Procedure to apply for MBA correspondence in IGNOU?
  7. OpenMAT solved question papers?
  8. Can I do Correspondence LLB course from IGNOU being a candidate having completed BA course with 41% of marks? When can I apply and how to apply for this course?
  9. Is MBA difficult for an average student? What are the different entrance exams which I can answer to join MBA colleges? How should I prepare for them? Marks needed to get an MBA seat in top colleges?
  10. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply? -- [New]
  11. Can I apply for MBA Banking/Finance after scoring 58% marks in BBE? Procedure to join MBA and the date of the entrance test?
  12. Can I apply for MBA in Pune or Mumbai after scoring 56 marks in CMAT
  13. Minimum marks to get A-Grade in IGNOU MBA Assignments -- [Most Discussed]
  14. IGNOU MBA Accounting And Finance For Managers Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Can I get admission in IGNOU after scoring 70% marks in CBSE
  16. How to apply for colleges after scoring low marks in MBA TANCET exam?
  17. Can I apply for MBA after scoring 49% in B.Com?
  18. Can I do MBA in distance mode in IGNOU university after completing LLB? What is the date of the entrance exam?
4th May 2012, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply in IGNOU for MBA course after scoring 48% average marks? When is the exam held?

have got 49% (average) marks in BA from HNBG University. I have 3 years of work experience.
I would like to know whether I can apply in IGNOU for MBA course. If yes, then will I have to appear for OPENMAT exam ? When is the exam held and how to register for the entrance test ?
31st July 2013, 07:20 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply in IGNOU for MBA course after scoring 48% average marks? When is the exam held?

HI

For MBA from IGNOU, you will have to appear for OPENMAT,

following is the eligibility criteria for OPENMAT

Graduation in any discipline with 50 % marks for general category and 45 % for reserved category with 3 years (post qualification) managerial/supervisory/professional experience.

OR

Professional Degree with 50% marks in:

Engineering/ Medicine/ Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy(ICWAI)/ Chartered Secretary-ship (ICSI), and Law.

Since you have 48%, you are not eligible ( unless you belong to SC.ST)
Exam for this year is already over,
Keep looking for next advertisement for next year date.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?