sir i have compleated b.com with 49% marks may i apply for mba

15th November 2015, 11:46 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBA after completing B.Com with 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samshad Ahmad idrisi View Post
Since you have secured less than 50% of marks at graduation level therefore you are not eligible to sit for the top rung MBA Entrance exams like CAT, SNAP or XAT if you belong to the general category. But the reserved category candidates still can since they are given 5% relaxation.

Other option includes sitting for MAT exam which is as popular as CAT and has a host of top MBA institutes in its credit which offers good placement. The best thing about this exam is its open to one and all since students from any discipline with just the pass marks are eligible to sit for this exam.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this exam is conducted by AIMA. They conducts both computer based test and paper based test. You have the option to choose the one suitable for you. This exam is conducted for four times every year in the month of February, May, September and December.

You can also do MBA through correspondence where again the marks is not of vital importance. Some top universities which offers MBA through distance learning are as follows:-
  • Sikkim manipal University
  • Symbiosis distance learning
  • IMT Ghazibad
  • Bharathidasan University – Centre for Distance Education.
  • Amity School of Distance Learning
  • Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
15th November 2015, 05:44 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You should have minimum 50% marks in graduation B.com/BBA. If you belongs to SC category then you are eligible for MBA.For SC category the minimum marks required is 45% .

You can apply for MBA right after that appearing entrance exam like CAT,MAT,CMAT,GET etc.You can also apply for State level exam such as:-

TANCET - For Tamilnadu

ICET- For Andhra Pradesh

PGCET - For Karnataka

Admission Procedure:-Written Test,Group Discussion & Interview.

So you have to prepare for these three rounds for getting admission in MBA.
15th November 2015, 07:42 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samshad Ahmad idrisi View Post
For pursuing MBA course, you must have at least 50% marks in B.Com.

As you have secured 49%, so you can't apply for entrance exams conducted for pursuing MBA Course like:
  • CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management)
  • MAT - MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association)
  • XAT - XAVIERS APTITUDE TEST
  • IRMA - INSTITUTE OF RURAL MANAGEMENT
  • IIFT - INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE
  • ATMA -Conducted by ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN MANAGEMENT STUDIES
  • TISS - TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES-Graduation

However, apart from these there are some colleges in which you may get admission directly.

These colleges don't consider your percentage for taking admission.

On the basis of an entrance exam conducted by that university or institute, you can get admission in MBA course.
15th November 2015, 09:26 PM
H Rimmy

Yes ofcourse you can apply for MBA if you must have minimum 45% marks in graduation degree like B.Com/BBA.There are 5% relaxation of marks for SC category.So if you belongs to SC category then you are eligible for MBA.

You must have also appear entrance exam like CAT,MAT,CMAT etc.

Admission Process:-It is based on written exam ,Group discussion & Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?