28th July 2019, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBBS after completing B.Sc Zoology?

I haven't scored more than 60% in 12th Board exam. So, can I do MBBS after completing B.Sc Zoology? Will I get direct entry in 2nd year of MBBS? How many years does it takes normally for completing MBBS in India?

31st July 2019, 01:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBBS after completing B.Sc Zoology?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and to pursue the same degree the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with overall aggregate of at least 50% in Class 12th from a recognized board of education. In case of candidates from reserved category minimum aggregate required in Class 12th is 40%.

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue MBBS degree course after completing B.Sc. in Zoology degree course then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for MBBS degree course only if you hold the minimum educational requirement to pursue the same degree course as mentioned above otherwise you are not eligible as there is no provision of marks relaxations or lateral entry to MBBS degree course for students opting the same course after their graduation degree.
31st July 2019, 04:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry in the MBBS course.

NEET is conducted for the admission in MBBS and other medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

It is five year course from a recognised university.
31st July 2019, 05:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry scheme in the MBBS course. It is almost five years and six months course along with internship.

You can only get admission in MBBS course after qualifying in the NEET, AIIMS MBBS, JIPMER examination.

So, you will have to appear and qualify in the examination if you want to get admission in MBBS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?