12th September 2019, 04:54 PM
Anubhav123321

Can I apply for NDA examination without doing Intermediate?

Sir, I am 10th passed but not an applicant of 12th and have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of Intermediate. Am I eligible to write NDA exam? Is Intermediate mandatory?

15th September 2019, 03:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA examination without doing Intermediate?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, for appearing in NDA examination, the minimum education required is a Class 12th i.e; higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education. But, in order to join Indian Air force and Indian Navy, you are required to have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level. Students holding diploma degree are not eligible.

Now, as you have pursued Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of intermediate or a regular Class 12th, so you are not eligible for appearing in NDA examination.

For more details regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2019, 05:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA examination without doing Intermediate?

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, candidates with diploma qualification are not eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?