5th July 2018, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Hi everyone, I am studying BSc in Nursing course. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I would like to know that after completing my Graduation I can become an IAS Officer or not? Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  2. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  3. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th (Science) to become an IAS officer?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  5. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BA in English with Phonetics?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after completing B.Com with 66%
  7. What should I do to become an IAS Officer after completing Charted Accountant course?
  8. What should I do to become an IAS Officer being a 12th student?
  9. How can I become an IAS Officer after completing B.Tech in Agriculture? How should I prepare for the exam?
  10. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  11. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  13. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  14. Is it possible to become an IAS Officer after completing BA in Culinary Arts? How can I start the preparation for the same? -- [New]
  15. What should I do after completing PG to become IAS Officer?
  16. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer after completing class 12th (BIPC)?
  17. Can I apply for IPS and B.Tech after passing B.Tech 2nd year
  18. Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?
6th July 2018, 09:36 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS Examination after successful completion of B.Sc in Nursing course. In order to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

<> The basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

<> Candidates who are doing their final year are also eligible to appear in IAS Examination.

<> As B.Sc in Nursing is a Graduation degree, you are eligible and you are required to choose concerned related subjects while appearing in Examination.

<> Minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years in order to be eligible.
6th July 2018, 10:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in civil services examination in order to become an IAS officer because as per the eligibility rules candidate of any graduation discipline is eligible to appear in such examinations.
6th July 2018, 11:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an IAS officer after BSc Nursing. To become an IAS officer you have to qualify in civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

So, you need to qualify in all the three stages of civil services examination to become an IAS officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised University.

Candidates age must be between 21 to 32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on aggregate in graduation to appear for examination

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th July 2018, 08:25 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. Candidates who have completed Graduation with any stream are eligible to become IAS officers but whether they really be placed in IAS or not depends upon the way how they perform in the selection process which is
Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

As you have completed B.Sc Nursing, surely you are eligible to apply for Civil Services.

Age criteria for civil services is as follows :
Candidates of General category can appear for Civil Services till 32 years.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Civil Services is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in all civil services like
IAS - Indian Administrative Service
IPS - Indian Police Service
IFS - Indian Foreign Service

I would suggest you to join Coaching for this Exam immediately.

It is not so easy to crack the Civil Services Exam and to get the job. One should have strong preparation and perform well.
7th July 2018, 01:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing graduation i.e. B.Sc. Nursing, you can apply for IAS Officer recruitment exam.

Even while pursuing final year of graduation, you can apply for IAS Exam.

Actually, IAS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year. Along with IAS Officers, IPS, IRS, IFS and other prestigious posts are also filled through this exam.

You can apply for Civil Services Exam from the UPSC Online Portal.

To crack this exam, you will have to qualify all the three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
7th July 2018, 02:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further, the minimum eligibility required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your bachelor degree i.e; B.Sc. in Nursing degree course, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th July 2018, 02:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer it is mandatory to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

No limitation on stream of bachelor degree.

So, if you have complete the graduation in nursing then you are eligible to appear in examination.

After qualifying in three stages of examination will become eligible for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th July 2018, 05:49 PM
laldeepack
Junior Member+

Hi

Sir / Madam,

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS Eligibility Criteria :

1. The candidates must be citizen of Indian

2. Candidates must be compete Graduation Degree in any recognized university in India.

3. Age limit

For General candidates : 21 to 32 years.

For OBC candidates :21 to 35 years

For SC / ST candidates : 21 to 37 years

For PWD candidates : 21 to 42 years

For Ex-Service man : 21 to 37 years.

Number of Attempts :

1. General candidates : 6 times

2. OBC candidates : 9 times

3. SC / ST candidates : No limit.

Selection Process :

1. Preliminary exam

2. Main exam

3. Interview.

All the best.........
7th July 2018, 06:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

One must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University in order to appear in civil services examination to join an IAS post. So you are eligible after this course to appear in civil services examination.
7th July 2018, 07:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Civil Services examination is the entrance exam to enter into this service. It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the examination.

2. The age criteria for the examination is 21 to 32 years. Reserved category candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation.

You can become IAS officer by clearing all stages of this exam. You are eligible for this exam after Bachelor's degree in Nursing course.
7th July 2018, 11:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is common entrance examination for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
8th July 2018, 02:28 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become IAS officer after completing B.Sc Nursing.

For becoming IAS officer you need to attend Civil service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility requirements for becoming IAS are given below:
- The nationality should be Indian.
- The educational qualification required is a graduation level degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 32 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.

If you meet the requirements then you can apply for the civil service exam.
For more details visit the official website of UPSC.
8th July 2018, 10:09 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become an IAS officer after completion of your B.Sc. (Nursing) course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th July 2018, 05:04 PM
Ramabai L

Indian Administrative Service in short IAS.

Candidate one who aspire to become IAS officer should pass in the Civil Service Exam.

Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC in full Union Public Service Commission.

Required qualification to apply for this exam is any Bachelor's Degree in a recognized University or Institute.

Final year students can also eligible to apply for the Civil Service Exam.

Minimum number of attempts for General category is 6, OBS is 9, and SC/ST category no limit till the upper age.

Required age to appear UPSC Exam is 21 years

Age limits: General category - 32 years
OBC - 35 years
SC/ST - 37 years.

There are three stage of test to qualify the candidates

First is Preliminary - objective type usually conducted in the month of June
Second is Main - written type conducted in the month of October
Final is Personal Interview - during in the month of March /May
And finally results will be in the June month.
8th July 2018, 07:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS officer after completing B.Sc Nursing. Eligibility criteria is written below.

Eligibility Criteria:

>> The minimum educational qualification required to apply for UPSC exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or college.

>> Candidates age must be between 21 and 32 years. Age relaxation is as per Government rules.

>> Candidates must be citizens of India.

But, remember that this exam is one of the toughest exams in India. So, be sincere about the exam and work hard from the first day of your preparation for UPSC exam. Read The Hindu newspaper daily and Yojana, Kurukshetra magazines for current affairs. NCERT books of class 6 to 12 of every subject are good study materials for the Preliminary exam.
9th July 2018, 02:38 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination after completing B.Sc (Nursing).

Candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree with any subject Commerce/ Science/ Arts from a recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS Examination.
9th July 2018, 09:58 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Indian Administrative Service is also said that Indian Imperial Services.

IAS exam is one of the toughest competitive exams in India. Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts for the recruitment f Officers for ll the Indian Administrative Civil Services.

Role of an IAS Officer:- 1) The administrative command of an entire district as a District Collector is given to the IAS Officer.

2) The Government of India at International level in bilateral and multilateral negotiations are represented by an IAS Officer.

Eligibility criteria of IAS exam described here:-

1) Academic qualification:- Contendors should have qualified their bachelor degree from any university.

Final years contendors are also apply for this exam.

2) Age:- 21 years- 32 years.

3) Contendors should have age relaxation of 3 years(OBC) and 5 years(SC/ST).

4) Nationality:- Contendors must have Indian origin.

5) No. of attempts:- 7 is for General contendors.
9 is for OBC contendors.
No limit is for SC/ST contendors.

According to your academic details, you are eligible to become an IAS Officer.

The selection process of an IAS exam given below:-

1) Preliminary exam.

2) Mains exam.

3) Personnel interview.
11th July 2018, 10:01 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a student of B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science) in Nursing degree course, you are certainly eligible for becoming an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer as far as the educational requirement for the same post is concerned.

Further, to become an IAS officer, you need to clear three staged Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year and for details regarding the same examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2018, 01:46 PM
Ramabai L

To become an Indian Administrative Service (IAS),candidate must complete their graduation with required marks in any recognized University or Institutes. Civil Service Examination is conducted by Indian Government under the control of UGC. Degree or equivalent graduation candidates can apply for the civil service exam. The exam is in three part namely Preliminary, Main and Interview. One who complete first stage will go to next exam. Age limit is 21 - 32 years relaxation has been given to the OBC &SC/ST candidates.
6th July 2019, 03:33 AM
Unregistered

Which subject is the best optional subject for clear ias after completing bsc nursing
21st July 2020, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i don't want to do nurse as a profession after completing bsc nursing.so guide me about this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?