1st January 2010, 08:53 PM
simisharma

Can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam?

I m net qualify in fine arts( visual arts). but my dream is to become an IAS officer,so plz tell me, can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam.

31st January 2010, 05:15 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam?

I dont think you can keep fine arts as an optional subject for main paper.
Howver,you can keep it for prelims.
31st January 2010, 11:47 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam?

hello

don't do that dear

don't keep it optional, it will cost you in your exam
1st February 2010, 12:04 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

there are many other subjects which you can keep for options like......technical subjects ....in which you have less command as you have qualified net in fine arts..........

the subject that you choose for the exam ....should be the est one you know.......you should have a good command on the subject......and if not then it should be the one which is comparatively easier than other subjects...

best of luck
6th February 2010, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam?

Hi,
I dont suppose you can choose fine arts for your mains in IAS. I have also wanted to do IAS but I am very good in Fine Arts. You might also be good in arts and so you had taken Arts, why not so something in Arts such as try NID, or animation. Most people today invest on paintings. So you might better consider sitting and thinking what wpuld give you most peace and satisfaction not money cause when follows when you succeed in what you do.
Hope this helps....
Good Luck
Arnold David
28th February 2010, 10:06 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

I suggest you to don't choose it as an optional subject......
13th March 2010, 07:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

yes, You should choose your optional subjects on basis of your previous knowledge and interest in them No point choosing a subject which you find difficult or which you have not studied at graduate level................
30th July 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,
shall I choose zoology and history for ias main exam?
28th October 2010, 06:58 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Question Re: Can i choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam?

to the best of my knowledge i dont think you can keep fine arts as an optional subject. but if in any case you have committed this mistake then you will surely face various problems in future . you should keep only those subject which are easier to you .so you are having so many others subject which you can keep in extra.so think about it
30th October 2010, 07:06 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

There is no subject in IAS main which is much related to fine arts, however you may choose Indian History, Geology, Public Adm , Philosophy or political science as options. These subjects have some domain areas of fine arts and you will get soon familiar with them if you select.
31st October 2010, 08:30 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

if you have very good commands in the fine arts then you can take it as your optional

paper other wise do not choose it choose other paper in which you have very good

commands.therevis many subjects option for you so you can choose any of the subjects

from the pool of the subjects.
31st October 2010, 04:10 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you Can choose fine arts as an optional subject for main paper in IAS exam.

but the impotent things is main paper in IAS exam. so you must choose good paper for IAS exam.

all the best.............
3rd January 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

kya hindi , sanskrit , history se ias ho sakata hai?
17th May 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I m M.sc in mathematics so can i choose the arts subject for IAS EXAM
30th June 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i m bva in commercial arts so can i choose the commercial arts subject for ias exam.please reply
3rd July 2011, 07:45 PM
fazlu
Member+

you can take any subject .
this require minimum graduation from recognized university.after that you have to join
the upsc.
14th December 2011, 04:02 PM
abhisek.sonu

I dont suppose you can choose fine arts for your mains in IAS. I have also wanted to do IAS but I am very good in Fine Arts. You might also be good in arts and so you had taken Arts, why not so something in Arts such as try NID, or animation. Most people today invest on paintings. So you might better consider sitting and thinking what wpuld give you most peace and satisfaction not money cause when follows when you succeed in what you do.
Hope this helps....
Good Luck
3rd September 2013, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Maine m.a in education ( edu) se complete kiya hai ,to kya mujhe b.ed krna chahiye ? M.a. Education ki koi value nahi??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?