20th December 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Can i directly get admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of good percentage?

sir!if i m a student of uptu college then can i got direct admission in btech 2 year on
the basis of good percentage

21st December 2011, 07:41 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i directly get admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of good percentage?

No candidate will be given direct admission into 2nd year of B.Tech course soon after the completion of 12th class and on the basis of percentage of marks in the 12th class.

One has to crack various entrance exams which will be all conducted all over India like
-AIEEE
-IIT-JEE
in order to get admission for this course.

In addition, there are some state level entrance exams for B.Tech course which will give admissoin for this course in and around colleges of that particular state.

Only candidates who have completed Diploma course will be given admission to 2nd year of B.Tech course.

The admission for 2nd year B.Tech will be given on the basis of performance in the E-CET Exam.

Every college will reserve some B.Tech seats especially for the candidates who join in this manner.

You did not mention whether you have completed any Diploma course or you have completed 12th class.

If you have completed Diploma, then try to crack E-CET Exam otherwise if you finsihed or pursuing 12th class, have good preparation to the above entrance exams which I mentioned.

There will be number of specializations that are being available under B.Tech course. You can choose the one which you are interested and where your strengths are benig fully utilized.

Some of the popular specializations are
-Civil Engineering
-Electronics and Communications Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Computer Science Engineering
-Information Technology
-Aeronautical Engineering
-Biotechnology etc.
21st December 2011, 09:57 AM
arun.potturu

Default Re: Can i directly get admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of good percentage?

No,you can't take direct admission in 2nd year B.TECH.Those who completed 12th standard they have to write some entrance exam like AIEEE,IIT or state level test like EAMCET etc.
You can write any one of the following above entrance exam.After qualifying you have to choose the college according to course for 1st year.There is no such criteria for directly in to 2nd year.There is only one opportunity to enter in to 2nd year is diploma those who completed diploma after 10th they right to directly enter in to 2nd year.
The Different Streams in B.TECH are Electronics And communication eng,Computer science eng,mechanical eng,Civil Eng and Information Engineering.
21st December 2011, 12:41 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
i think you have mistakenly understood only those who have completed diploma in engineering are admitted directly into the second year of bachelor degree in engineering.
For doing any other degree course you will be admitted only to the first year of the course. This is the standard procedure followed by all the universities in India. The eligibility for getting admitted to the course is that you need to complete your 10+2 exam. Selection of subject may vary from course to course. And various entrance exam are conducted by different university for the admission into the degree programme.
Even though you have secured good marks there is no provision like this. None of us are well versed in a field. Everyone has skill in some field. So do not think that you are superior to others. There may be many people who are more talented that you too.
21st December 2011, 04:29 PM
jayparikh

Wink Re: Can i directly get admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of good percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir!if i m a student of uptu college then can i got direct admission in btech 2 year on
the basis of good percentage
Can i directly get admission in B.Tech 2nd year on the basis of good percentage?

Hi friend,

I am sorry to say that it is not possible at all.

Whatever is your percentage , you need to start from first year of engineering.

There is no provision anywhere in the country like this.

so,start with the first year and also how will you learn 2nd year with out knowledge of first year.

In engineering syllabus, basic fundamentals are taught in first year itself.

so,I hope I have cleared your doubt.

For any other query,please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
16th May 2012, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I am already studying B.tech 1st year in Computer Science discipline at private deemed university at rajasthan. Can I change college under other university to get admission in 2nd. year. If yes, What is the procedure?
22nd May 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

how can i get admission in another college or university after i have completed my first year in some other college?/
31st May 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

how can i get admission in 2nd year b.tech after completing my first year in some other college???????
1st June 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission in Btech 2nd year after Bsc
22nd July 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

what is the produsere to take admassion in btach mechanichal after polytechnic complition
22nd July 2012, 09:19 PM
Srikar achill

Only the candidates who had completed their diploma course will be given admission into btech 2nd year course depending on their ECET rank.
22nd July 2012, 09:20 PM
Srikar achill

(b) Students can also download theExamination Form from ICWAI Website at www.icwai.org.In caseof downloaded form `50/- should be added extra towards the cost ofthe form.
(c) Students can also submit the form online.
2. Last date for receipt of Examination Application Forms without late fees is 10th April, 2012 and with late fees of `300/- is20th April, 2012.
3. Examination fees to be paid through Bank Demand Draft of requisite fees drawn in favour of “The Institute of Cost Accountants of India” and payable at Kolkata.
4. Students may submit their Examination Application Forms along with the fees at ICAI, 12 Sudder Street, Kolkata – 700016 or Regional Offices or Chapter Offices.Any query can be sent to Sr. Director (Examination) at H. Q.
5. Finance Act 2011, involving Assessment Year 2012-2013 will be applicable for the subjects Applied Direct Taxation (Intermediate), Applied Indirect Taxation (Intermediate) and Indirect & Direct – Tax Management (Final) for the purpose of June 2012 term of Examination under Revised Syllabus 2008.
6. Examination Centres : Agartala, Ahmedabad, Akurdi, Allahabad, Asansol, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur, Bokaro, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad,Durgapur, Ernakulam, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Guwahati, Hardwar, Howrah, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur,Jabbalpur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kalyan, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Naihati, Nasik, Nellore, Neyveli, Noida, Panaji (Goa), Patiala, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Salem, Shillong, Solapur, Surat, Thrissur, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vapi, Vashi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Vindhyanagar,Waltair and Overseas Centres at Dubai and Muscat.
7. A candidate who is completing all conditions will only be allowed to appear for examination.
8. Probable date of publication of result : Foundation – 2nd August 2012 and Inter & Final – 22nd August 2012
22nd July 2012, 09:23 PM
Srikar achill

Yes,through ECET you can join in Btech 2nd year after completing your diploma course
4th August 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for taking admission in B.Tech Second Year after graduation
14th August 2012, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

can I change college after first year b.e by on the basis of good marks?
30th November 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

best engeneering couse for high salary
20th January 2013, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

am in doing B.E in electronics branch...m in 2nd sem can i get admission in b.tech in 2nd year
26th January 2013, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

is there any good college which provide admission after first year on basis of cgp?
21st July 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma civil in Rajasthan university.can i get btech.2nd year for civil engg.
26th July 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

i have done 1st year of b.com from a private university
can i get admission in b.com 2nd year ( regular) in a regular college
23rd April 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

My brother is doing btech in Civil Engineering from skimm Manipal University, Jaipur and he has completed first year from there and whether he can get admission in 2nd Year in UPTU in Btech in any college .
19th May 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

i have cmplete the diploma in information technology. so i want to addmission in b. tech cog kolhapur university.so pls tell me how its possible or not ..
13th June 2014, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

sir my this year upsee rank gn-15617, gn gl-1937,bc-4217 ,bcgl-390 can i get good govt college? or college in budget like four year fee is about 2lakhs.sir plese give me the list of college?
23rd June 2014, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I hve completed my btech 1st year from state government and i wnt to take admission in college like delhi college of engineering and jadavpur engineering college for 2nd year.if possible pls suggest me the process and some good college.
12th September 2014, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

i conpleted my btech 1st yr in jntuh affiliated at nizamab and i want transfer to a best college in hyderabad so whats all the process will be there in the period of tranfering and main thing is am fro. management not through councelling so please kindly give me the information
3rd April 2015, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Suppose I chose BE (CSE) in 1st year. So can I get an admission in B. Tech 2nd year in CSE a year after as a lateral entry ?
9th June 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETE TWO YEAR DIPLOMA . CAN I TAKE ADMISSION IN B.TECH
3rd November 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

I am doing by first year engineering in SJCE Mysore can I join other colleges directly for 2nd year
17th August 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am doing only 2 years diploma in mechanical engineering because I am admission in diploma by lateral entry, Can I am able to give lateral entry test for b.tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?