13th August 2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I do M.A in Psychology being an engineer?

Hello,

My name is aishwarya, I have completed B.E in telecommunication and I am interested to do masters in psychology. I have not done any course in psychology earlier in schooling. Can you please guide me if I am eligible to do masters and also if there are any other ways to pursue a career in psychology.
Looking forward for your response.

Thank you
Aishwarya G N

13th August 2015, 10:23 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do M.A in Psychology being an engineer?

Well, I think you know the solution yourself. You say that you had not been introduced to psychology in any which way. Now, you want to do masters in psychology. You need to do graduation in psychology first to have some knowledge in psychology. Only then can you grip this domain when you do masters in psychology. Otherwise you will feel out of place when you join the course. Although if you see the eligibility criteria, then you might not have a problem in admission. The criteria of doing Masters in Psychology are:
1) Graduation in any stream. But if you have B.A. in psychology, this course becomes a piece of cake for you.
2) Minimum 50% marks in your graduation aggregate.
3) Some universities even prefer rankers in GRE examination.
Now you take the decision.
14th August 2015, 02:21 AM
JSD.

Of course you can do the masters in physiology. The basic eligibility criteria for MA in physiology is to have graduation degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.As you have completed BE so definitely you can do MA in physiology.
14th August 2015, 12:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

My name is aishwarya, I have completed B.E in telecommunication and I am interested to do masters in psychology. I have not done any course in psychology earlier in schooling. Can you please guide me if I am eligible to do masters and also if there are any other ways to pursue a career in psychology.
Looking forward for your response.

Thank you
Aishwarya G N
No, it is not possible to do masters degree in Psychology after completion of your B.E in telecommunication.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in Psychology from a recognized university are eligible to do masters degree in M.A in Psychology.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?