22nd May 2015, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D in Psychology after M.A in Psychology through correspondence? Scope of Ph.D in Psychology and to be a children counselor later on?

Can i do Phd in psycology in regular mode after doing M.a psycology in correspondence? also tell me about the job oppurtunities after it. Please. I want to became a children councellor. And if my family agree i would like to became a doctor. Please guide me.

Thank u.

30th October 2017, 04:31 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D in Psychology after M.A in Psychology through correspondence? Scope of Ph.D in Psychology and to be a children counselor later on?

Eligibility Conditions for Ph.D Psychology:-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D psychology is post graduate degree in relevant stream from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.
  • To get admission in some of reputed institutes you must have to clear CET (Common Entrance Exam) conducted by universities to admit eligible candidates for Ph.D psychology course.
  • Duration of doctor of philosophy course in psychology is 3 years.

Job Opportunities after Ph.D in Psychology Course:- After having Ph.D psychology degree you can apply for job in employment areas like Healthcare centres, Private clinics, Hospitals, Counselling offices, Colleges and Universities etc. and get job types like as mentioned below:-
  • Development psychologist.
  • Counselling psychologist.
  • Research psychologist.
  • Industrial psychologist.
  • Psychology lecturer/ Professor.
  • Educational psychologist.
  • Social psychologist.
  • Clinical psychologist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?