26th March 2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MSc in computer science after passing M.tech?

I have done m.sc in comp. science. Can i do m.tech.....please tell me the answer

16th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do MSc in computer science after passing M.tech?

Hi dear..

Yes, you can do M.Tech in Computer Science.

The Eligibility criteria is as given:-
Computer Science & Engineering: First Class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation or First Class in MCA or First Class in M.Sc. Comp.Sc./ Information Technology.

Clearly You fulfill the given eligibility so you can opt for M.Tech Computer Science.

All the best..!!
8th September 2012, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i have done my bca last year now i m parsuving msc cs after msc cs how to build my carrer please tell me...
5th October 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

can i do the M. Tech ? i have passed msc in computer science.
20th January 2014, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i have54% in bsc and i am doing msc computer science now.can i do mtech after complete my msc?
21st January 2014, 08:40 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Obviously. You are eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science as you have already completed M.Tech course.

One thing I want to say you is that,

Both M.Sc and M.Tech are Post Graduation courses. Moreover, M.Tech course is having good career scope than M.Sc.

In such a case, there won't be much benefit for you by doing M.Sc course.

But if you have done M.Tech course in non technical related stream, then you can opt for M.Sc in Computer Science for better prospects.

if this is not the case, my suggestion will be to please don't join this course.

Rather than doing so, you can try learning new technologies in your core side and can also do certification programs as per your stream in M.Tech course.

You did not mention whether you are working with any organization or not.

If you did not get any job, put your best efforts in getting so.

Reason is you have taken so many years of time to complete M.Tech course. Please don't waste time by doing M.Sc course also which will take 2 more years.

If this is really important for you, then first get the job and then opt for this course in distance learning.

Each and every college will conduct its own Entrance Exam in order to give admission for this course.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?