9th July 2013, 03:44 PM
Sbchavan

Can I be eligible for CPT exam?

I want to ask about above said subject, If i'm T.Y.B. Com passed in 2004 by pass class can i eligible for CPT exam?

24th March 2015, 02:29 AM
bichapoda

Default Re: Can I be eligible for CPT exam?

Yes, your eligible to apply for CPT exam as you have completed your Graduation in B.Com.But as you have completed your Graduation you can directly apply for IPCC with out CPT.

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test.

Candidates who want to make there career in Chartered Accountancy should first clear CPT and then appear for IPCC and need to clear it also.

Basically to appear for CPT exam you need to have completed your 12th or need to have written 12th exam and been waiting for Result.

After Clearing CPT exam only tour eligible to apply for IPCC which is level 2 for CA.

But recently there was a change, candidate who have completed Graduation or any degree equal to it can directly apply for IPCC with out CPT.

so you can Skip CPT and apply for IPCC, if you clear it then you can start your career in CA.

So as you have completed your B.Com you are eligible to apply for IPCC Directly so apply for it and clear it will Good Marks to have a Great Future in Chartered Accountancy.
24th March 2015, 06:43 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

CPT stand for Common Proficiency Test.

CPT is a centralized eligibility test to do CA course, which is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).

Eligibility:-

Candidate must have 10 + 2 Examination or equivalent examination pass/appeared from a recognized board.

There is No age limit to appear CPT exam.
24th March 2015, 08:10 AM
violent viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbchavan View Post
I want to ask about above said subject, If i'm T.Y.B. Com passed in 2004 by pass class can i eligible for CPT exam?

To become C.A, you should clear the following three levels as follows:-

>>CPT

>>IPCC

>>Final

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. To register for CPT, you must at least passed 12th class from recognized Indian board with 50%.

since, you have passed B.Com , you can directly apply for Level 2 - IPCC. You need not apply for CPT.

For more details:- www.icai.org/
24th March 2015, 12:06 PM
unique99

CPT, Common Proficiency Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants.

A 12th pass candidate can apply for CPT.

There is no age bar so that you are eligible for CPT conducted by ICAI

To know details you can buy CPT prospectus paying Rs.100/-

CPT fees is Rs.6200/-

Duration of CPT exam. is 4 hours.

You are to answer objective pattern question.

CPT Subjects are 1.Fundamental of Accounts, 2.Marcantile Law 3.General Economics&quantitative aptitude

24th March 2015, 01:03 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Common Proficiency test is the first level of charted accountant examination in India.

Eligibility : A person can register for CPT after completing Grade 10 and take the exam after completing High School (Grade 12).

I am happy to inform you this that there is no such mention about particular year an individual to be passed . So no need to worry about this matter , yes you are very much applicable for CPT exam .

CPT Exam is held twice a year in the month of June and December and ICAI has announced that the next Common Proficiency Test June 2015 Attempt is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 14th June 2015.

The Exam Form for Common Proficiency Test June 2015 Attempt would be available from 7th April 2015 (10:00 AM) onwards and the last date of submission of the same is 28th April 2015 (05:30 PM).

For filling up the form you can visit this site : http://icaiexam.icai.org/login.php

The CPT Exam June 2015 Attempt would consist of 4 Papers scheduled to be conducted in 2 Sessions of 2 Papers at the following timings:

First Session (10:30 AM to 12:30 PM)

> > Fundamentals of Accounting
> > General Economics

Second Session (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)

> > Mercantile Laws
> > Quantitative Aptitude
24th March 2015, 07:18 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) conducts the CPT Examination every year for admission in CA course.

CPT (Common Proficiency test) is a entry level test conducted twice in a year, in June and December.

There are three levels in CA as listed below.

>>CPT

>>IPCC

>>Final

Since , you are B.Com graduate, you can directly join IPCC with out CPT.

To get more details on CA, please click on the below link

http://icaiexam.icai.org/login.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?