6th May 2012, 01:12 PM
shaikhusnatabassum

Can I be eligible for GATE exam after writing 60% aggregate?

sir my aggregate 60% can i eligible to write gate exam...please tel me if i can

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend for GATE exam after passing B.Tech
  2. Is it possible to take M-tech through distant education after writing the GATE 2015 exam?
  3. Is it possible to pursue M.Tech in Environmental Engineering after B.Arch? Which are the subjects I need to keep in touch along with my Architecture subjects?
  4. Is it possible to do M.E after completing B.E in EEE with 60% marks?
  5. Am I eligible for Railways and Banking sector jobs being a 3rd year B.Tech student with 65% aggregate? -- [New]
  6. Guidelines to prepare for GATE exam?
  7. Am I eligible to write NIMCET? I am studying BBA from Calicut University
  8. Completed AMIIM course in Metullargy with 55% marks : Am I eligible for GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Are e.c.e students eligible for GATE exam for computer science?
  10. Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical
  11. Can a B.Tech 2nd year student be eligible for GATE exam?
  12. Will I be able to get admission in NIT college after scoring an aggregate of 63%, last year aggregate of 70% and GATE score of 22 under OBC?
  13. Am I eligible to do CA if I have backlogs in my graduation course?
  14. Courses after B.Tech related to Telecommunication Sector(Training)?
  15. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  16. How much aggregate is required in B.Tech to attend GATE entrance exam?
  17. Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?
  18. Do candidates of 3rd year B.Tech eligible to write JTO Exam? Date of this Exam? Does GATE score card necessary for JTO Job?
8th May 2012, 01:39 PM
uday.krk

Default Re: Can I be eligible for GATE exam after writing 60% aggregate?

Yes you are eligible for GATE exam...

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.

GATE is conducted through the constitution of 8 zones..

1. IISC bangalore
2. IIT Bombay
3. IIT Delhi
4. IIT Guwhati
5. IIT Kanpur
6. IIT Kharagpur
7. IIT Madras
8. IIT Roorkee

Every year one among the above mentioned institutes will conduct the exam..
2012 GATE is Conducted by IIT delhi...

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

*Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

*Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

*Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Gate exam will be conducted on 2nd sunday of Febraury every year...

Notification for examination will be released in september every year...

and the last date of submission will be in NOVEMBER...

Announcement of results will be on 15th MARCH every year..

Here i'm attaching the 2012 information broucher of GATE where you can find all the details about syllabus, examination centres, important details, exam procedure etc..

For more details visit:http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/index.php

All the best
8th May 2012, 09:40 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for GATE exam after writing 60% aggregate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhusnatabassum View Post
sir my aggregate 60% can i eligible to write gate exam...please tel me if i can
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted jointly by two Institutes:

Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institutes of Technology

In order to be considered eligible for the test, candidate must hold any of the following qualification:
  • Bachelors Degree in Engineering
  • Bachelors Degree in Technology
  • Bachelors Degree in Architecture
  • Masters degree in Science
  • Masters degree in Mathematics
  • Masters degree in Statistics
  • Masters degree in Computer Applications
  • AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India)
  • AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)
If you hold any of the qualification mentioned above, you can take the exam irrespective of the marks secured in the qualifying examination.
18th June 2012, 05:42 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I be eligible for GATE exam after writing 60% aggregate?

Hi

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

This is conducted by the IIT's every year in February to select candidates for the various M.Tech courses and also for the PSU i.e Public Sector Undertaking Companies for their recruitments.

This exam is considered to be one of the most challenging Post Graduation Exams. It is because M.Tech is not an easy course and so the competition is also very tough for it.

There are some Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply for the GATE. They are mentioned below as follows :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in streams only in B.E/B.TECH/B.ARCH/B.PHARMACY from a recognized college or university.

2. There are no age limits nor the attempt limits for this exam as well. So you can apply anytime you wish.

3. Also according to your query, GATE requires only the candidates to be pass in all the graduation subjects. There is no minimum percentage requirements as well..

So as you have 60% aggregate in your graduation, then surely you are Eligible for the GATE exam.
Please also check that you satisfy all the other criteria's or not.

If you want to know more about the GATE, Please CLICK HERE

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?