23rd September 2011, 12:20 AM
rahmat2002

Can I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in IT from Deemed University?

B.tech in IT degree from deemed university is eligible for appearing in IES examination, if yes then please suggest what stream one should choose.

Related Questions:
  1. Will there be any problem for my career if I complete my M.Tech course from a Deemed University?
  2. Is it recommended to study B.Tech in a deemed university since deemed universities are being disputed these days?
  3. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%
  4. Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university?
  5. Am I eligible for IES exam while working with MES as Jr Engineer?
  6. What is the job of an IES Officer?
  7. Am I eligible to join as a lecturer in Anna University colleges? I have completed MCA in deemed universities
  8. IES Exam for Btech IT Students -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the minimum requirement for IPS?
  10. TNPSC after btech from deemed university with cleared backlogs
  11. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  12. Can a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech shift from one deemed university to other deemed university or other college?
  13. Is there any problem to do PhD having completed M.E. from Deemed University? -- [New]
  14. For which group exam am I eligible to write after completing MSc Nursing in SRMC Deemed University? What is the age limit?
  15. Is there any chance for me to get into a governemnt job as per my academic score?
  16. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  17. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in Anna University if completed M.E. from Deemed university?
23rd September 2011, 09:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in IT from Deemed University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmat2002 View Post
B.tech in IT degree from deemed university is eligible for appearing in IES examination, if yes then please suggest what stream one should choose.
Dear friend,

Sorry to say dear B-TECH (IT) department are not eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Thanks
23rd September 2011, 04:48 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in IT from Deemed University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmat2002 View Post
Information Regarding IES Examination.

First i inform you that Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination. IES examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. This examination is also known as the civil services examination.

Eligible Branch for IES Examination. :-
->Electrical Engineering.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.

NOTE :- Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination.

According to eligibility criteria if you are a Information Technology student then you can not eligible for the IES examination but you are eligible for the IAS, IPS..and many other examination. So, i advise you to go for another examination.

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd September 2011, 10:19 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

No you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam,as you have complete your B.Tech course in Information Technology.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service Exam:
Education qualification:Candidate should have complete B.Tech course from Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Electronic
Age limit:Age should be between 21 to 30 years
25th September 2011, 07:24 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
here i am sorry to say your not eligibile.because you completed b.tech in it field.so that is the main reason your not eligible
the following are the branches are eligible
1.ece
2.mechanical
3.eee
4.civil
the age of candidate is 18-30 years only
3rd September 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

my b-tech degree is blacklisted university can i appear in gate and ias exam and can i will find job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?