3rd February 2018, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission based on 12th marks in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram or entrance exam is mandatory?

Can I get direct admission in The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram if I get above 90% mark in my Higher Secondary from Science stream or is it mandatory to appear for the entrance exam? Is there any entrance exam being conducted by the Institute itself?

10th February 2018, 05:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission based on 12th marks in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram or entrance exam is mandatory?

First thing I would like to let you know that admission in IISER ( Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ) are taken through three channels mentioned below :-

I) JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) channel.

II) KVPY ( Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana ) channel.

III) SCB ( State and Central Board ) channel.

Now as far as you are concerned about taking admission in IISER without appearing in any entrance examination then I would like to let you know that it is not possible as for admission through first two channels you need to qualify respective entrance examinations i.e; JEE and KVPY where as in case of SCB channel you first need to secure minimum cutoff marks required in Class 12th for appearing in examination held by IISER.

For more details regarding IISER admission procedure you can refer to the link http://www.iiseradmission.in/.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?