27th April 2020, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study BAMS after Intermediate from NIOS Board?

Hi, I have completed my Intermediate from NIOS Board so now am I eligible to do BAMS? Will I get admission in any good colleges? Do I need to appear for any common entrance for BAMS admission?

30th April 2020, 02:55 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BAMS after Intermediate from NIOS Board?

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery and to pursue the same degree course from any college in India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) held by NTA.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 45% in case of candidates from reserved category) in PCB group subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, even having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board, you are eligible for BAMS admissions after qualifying NEET, if you hold above-mentioned educational qualification.

For complete details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
30th April 2020, 04:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BAMS after Intermediate from NIOS Board?

NIOS is National Open Schooling. It is affiliated to MHRD.

So, it is a recognised board and candidate after pursuing form the board are eligible for higher studies.

The eligibility to get admission in BAMS course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject.

So, candidate with a above qualification are eligible for admission in BAMS course.
30th April 2020, 05:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. This is a professional course and admission in top colleges offering this course is given through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for BAMS course:

>>Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in 12th from a recognized board.

>>Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

NIOS is recognized board, you can apply for NEET exam for admission in top colleges in BAMS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?