19th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

hi i m faisal can i be an ips officer after doing diploma in computer technology

21st November 2010, 09:23 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

No,you can not appear for examination.basic qualification required is graduation.diploma is not equivalent graduation.

All the best.
23rd November 2010, 06:00 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

HELLO,with diploma you will be not considered as eligible for UPSC exam.there must be necessary a candidate should be graduate from a affiliated institute or university in india.(according to UPSC norms)
29th December 2010, 11:00 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i m faisal can i be an ips officer after doing diploma in computer technology
Dear friend.

The minimum prerequisite to appear for IPS exams is that, you have to be a graduate.

I am sorry to say that, you cannot appear for IPS exams.

Better you join B. Tech and then think of it.

All the Best!
12th February 2011, 08:59 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi,

No, you cannot apply for the IPS exam after doing diploma only.

The minimum educational qualification to appear in the IPS exam and be an IPS officer is to have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So you should complete your graduation degree at this stage after diploma. This graduation is minimum requirement to join any reputed organization.

Complete your graduation first and then apply for the IPS exam.
27th February 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am a student of b. tech IT 3rd year. can i fill the form of ips.
if i can fill the form of ips officer then which subject is related to my course.please help me.
thank you.
1st March 2011, 12:44 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir
i am a student of b. tech IT 3rd year. can i fill the form of ips.
if i can fill the form of ips officer then which subject is related to my course.please help me.
thank you.
If you want to become an IPS officer you will have to apply for
Civil Services examination.
The examination is conducted once in a year.

For being eligible to apply for the exam one should have a Graduation degree
from a recognized university.
Also, those who are in final year of Graduation are eligible to apply
but third year students can't apply for the exam.

So you can't apply for the exam this year. You can apply next year
for this exam. You should start your preparation for next year exam.

Any relevant information and syllabus for the exam can be obtained
from official website of UPSC. http://www.upsc.gov.in/
1st March 2011, 12:51 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no diploma students are not eligible for IPS examination. to become an IPS officer you have to appear in Civil service examination.

the eligibility criterion for civil service examination is you should have minimum of graduation degree from a recognized university.

diploma is not considered as graduation degree so you will not be eligible for civil service examination means for IPS examination.

i will suggest you just continue your study. when you will be graduate then apply for civil service examination. for more information on civil service examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
1st March 2011, 12:52 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me to become an IPS officer you have to give the IAS exam conducted by the UPSC and for that the eligibility criteria is that you have to be a graduate from any recognized college....
so after doing diploma in computer engineering you are not eligible for the IAS exam ....
1st March 2011, 12:52 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

Hi

No you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam. Because to apply for the
IPS exam a candidate should have atleast graduation. Since you are a
diploma holder student so you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam.

The detailed eligibility criteria is given below:

Education Qualification
A candidate should be graduate first in any discipline to apply for
the IPS exam. Candidate of final year are also eligible to apply for the
IPS exam.

Age limit
Candidate applying for the IPS exam should have age between
21 to 30 years.

GOOD LUCK
1st March 2011, 08:35 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

Dear friend ,

No you can not became an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering because for IPS Officer minimum qualification required is any graduation by the recognised university.

And Diploma in Computer Engineering is not a graduate degree.

So to became an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering you do the B.Tech/B.E/any graduate degree to meet the eligibility criteria.

All the best.
1st March 2011, 08:54 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering
no diploma students are not eligible for IPS examination. to become an IPS officer you have to appear in Civil service examination.
The minimum educational qualification to appear in the IPS exam and be an IPS officer is to have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
So you should complete your graduation degree at this stage after diploma. This graduation is minimum requirement to join any reputed organization.

good luck
1st March 2011, 09:21 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
No ,you can not do this ,for IPS officers you should qualified in IAS exam for this qualification you should be Graduate from any stream .
1st March 2011, 10:43 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

" NO " you cannot be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer

Engineering because minimum eligibility for IPS Officer is graduation in any

engineering stream with minimum 65 % marks from a regonised institute /

university.

and a candidate should be INDIAN and Age Limit is 21 Years to 30 Years.

Good Luck & All the Best
1st March 2011, 04:23 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

sorry to say but you can not apply to IPS EXAMINATION as the eligibility criteria is graduate

from recognized college but you do not posses degree so you are not eligible to take IPS

EXAM .
1st March 2011, 04:31 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:

NO,you are not eligible for IPS officer on the basis of Diploma.To became a ips officer you have to clear the exam which is conducted by Union Public service commission(UPSC).And their minimum Eligibility criteria is you should have a graduate degree in any stream.
i have attached the UPSC notification 2011 please read it carefully to the eligibility criteria and other relevant details.

Regards:-
khanddn
2nd March 2011, 06:47 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

No dear you cannot apply for IPS exam after diploma.
You should have Bachelor's degree for applying UPSC IPS EXAMS.

FOR UPSC IPS EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
Other details of eligibility for your information:

1.Age limit
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
2.Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:
A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.
4.Medical Fitness Criteria :
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)
Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.
(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Color-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.
Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.
Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2011, 12:02 AM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: Can I be an IPS Officer after doing Diploma in Computer Engineering?

Hello friend,

The minimum prerequisite to appear for IPS exams is that, you have to be a graduate.

sorry to say that, but you cannot appear for IPS exams.

just check on this link to know more
www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best.
31st May 2011, 04:58 PM
Deb51

No you can not apply for IPS . To become a candidets must appear UPSC civil scrvice examination which is conducted by UPSC .
UPSC requred minimum a graduation degree to write the examination.

You have complited diploma . Thise is not equivalant with graduation.

It will be better for you that you can take direct admission 2nd years of B-tech and complit as soon as you can.
The age limit requred 21years to30 years . After compliting B-tech if you have age between the requred age then you can eligibile to apply for IPS.
2nd June 2011, 08:06 AM
sri_green09

you should have completed your graduation then only you can appear for the civil service examination.
Diploma is not considered as a graduation.
so after completing your graduation only you can become an IPS officer.
1st July 2011, 12:30 AM
MonuRai

Dear,

No , you cannot apply for the IPS exam after diploma because the eligibility criteria says that the minimum educational qualification required is to be graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the General , 21-33 years for the OBC , 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

It is a exam conducted by the UPSC.

More details:-

www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
19th August 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi, This is Abhilash
I also completed my PUC?

Please reply fast

-Thank you
7th March 2012, 04:32 PM
kaveribiswas

So next year when you become graduate then you can apply for the same.

Good Luck.........
7th March 2012, 08:22 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S exam after passing Diploma course...

If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass graduation with any stream from recognized university..

The age limit for I.P.S offer is 21-30 year and for ST/SC is 21-35 year and for O.B.C is 21-32 Year..

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For O.B.C category:- 7 attempts
For ST/SC category:- No limit

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
26th May 2013, 04:07 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being an Diploma Candidate your not eligible to apply for IPS Examination ,

The Minimum Qualification to apply for IPS Examination is that candidate should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University .

You have Completed Diploma , So your require to Complete Bachelor degree then Only your eligible to apply for this Examination . Any stream Commerce / Arts / Science stream candidates may eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service . It's and Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission . The Examination is held every Once in a year .

To apply for IPS Examination you should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University and You should be Citizen of India . Final year candidate of Bachelor degree may also eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

Final year candidate may require to Submit the Course Completion Certificate from the Institution . This Course Completion Certificate may Indicates that the candidate should qualified in Graduation .

Your age should be 19 years to 30 years and relaxation will be Applicable for sc/st candidates for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years . Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for this

Physical Fitness are Very essential to apply for IPS Examination , The Physical standards like, Eyesight / Weight and Height .. Without Proper Physical fitness your not eligible to apply for the IPS Examination .

The Important Notification for the Civil Service Examination are published in Employment news papers and Official website of UPSC . You may apply for this Examination in Both the Online as well as Offline .

I suggest you to apply for Bachelor degree then Only your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?