18th January 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I join in IPCC after completing BSc?

Could u please tell me whether Can I join in IPCC after completing BSc?

20th January 2012, 05:42 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join in IPCC after completing BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Candidates from any stream are eligible to join chartered accountancy course provided, they qualify the common proficiency test conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Since you have done B.Sc, you will be also eligible to enroll for the Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), but before that, you will have to qualify the test mentioned above.
Common Proficiency Test is compulsory for graduates, undergraduates as well as post graduates from any stream.
The test is conducted two times a year and the upcoming test will be held in the month of June 2012.
For more information, refer to the official website of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
9th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Can you please suggest me regarding IPCC join. i have completed my CPT IN 2007.After that i hv joined in ipcc in 2009. sin ce i hv not appeared any exam.can you please s guide me i am very much intrested in ca exam i m also working in an good MNC. even if i m ready to leave my job if there is chances of join into ipcc once again.regards
Niraj Das
29th January 2013, 11:23 PM
sayedmdirfanali

Friend,
i am very happy to your intrest in commerce feild and in the ca.

Here i answer your question by two way:

1.root first by CPT way-CPT is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course.
2. It is an objective type test of 200 marks, divided into 2 sessions of 2 hrs each.
CPT Subjects -
There are 4 subjects to be studied namely -
1. Accounting (60 Marks)
2. Mercantile Laws (40 Marks)
3. General Economics (50 Marks)
4. Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)A registered student may sit for the Common Proficiency Test after he has appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination).

2.root second by ipcc way-This is the second stage of the chartered accountancy curriculum wherein working knowledge of core and allied subjects of accountancy profession are covered.
This is a subjective type test,divided into 2 groups. First group consists of 4 papers and the second group comprises of 3 papers.
IPCC Subjects -
Group I: 4 Papers
1. Accounting (100 Marks)
2. Business Laws, Ethics and Communication (100 Marks)
- [Law (60 Marks): Business Laws (30 Marks), Company Law (30 Marks);Business Ethics (20 Marks) and Business Communication (20 Marks)]
3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management (100 Marks) -
[Cost Accounting (50 Marks); Financial Management (50 Marks)]
4. Taxation (100 Marks) - [Income Tax (50 Marks); Service Tax (25 Marks) and VAT (25 Marks)]
Group II: 3 Papers
1. Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
2. Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
3. Information Technology andStrategic Management (100 Marks) -
[Information Technology (50 Marks); Strategic Management(50 Marks)]

The Central Council has approved the new announcement of allowing a Graduate student (B.com, B.Sc., BBA,etc) to directly join the IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam. The council announced that the eligibility criteria for the graduates to write IPCC directly is as under:
1. In case of a Commerce Graduate – 55%
2. In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate – 60%
ICAI has confirmed this

good luck.
30th January 2013, 02:36 AM
N.B.SAMPATH KUMAR

Hi. .my dear brother where there is a vill there is a way,ipcc course is the much needed valuable in commerce field and hence first thng u r choice is correct.bt thr is a lot of difference between bsc and ipcc. . Hence work hard.love and respect u r parents. . All the best.cool
30th January 2013, 09:54 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely join Chartered Accountancy course after completing Bachelor of Science degree. However whether you will have to given Common Proficiency Test or will get direct admission in IPCC depends on your percentage.

If you have completed B.Sc with at least 60 percent marks, only then you can take direct admission in the IPCC. Otherwise it would be mandatory to clear the Common Proficiency Test for you.

Simillary commerce graduates need 55 percent marks in the course to get the exemption as per the ICAI. So please check whether you have scored 60 percent marks or not. If you haven't then apply for the Common Proficiency Test. The test is conducted in June and December. If you have scored 60 percent marks then please visit the website of ICAI to find out the procedure to apply for the IPCC course.

IPCC

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Final Course

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
9th June 2017, 01:27 AM
mariate24

Smile Re: Can I join in IPCC after completing BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes graduates with bsc can also directly apply for IPCC after skipping CPT. But for that you must have 60% marks in bsc. If so you can go for the same. But if you insist to have a base for CA you can apply for CPT and then do IPCC with CPT marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?