11th February 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA if I am in 11th?

i am in 11th .can i join NDA. my age is 17 year.

19th February 2013, 09:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA if I am in 11th?

You have adequate age qualifications to appear for NDA. But you can’t apply for NDA as you are in 11th class. 12th pass is the basic qualification for NDA. Students of 12th class can also apply. Detailed information regarding this can be collected from UPSC portal.
20th February 2013, 10:06 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

The minimum academic qualification for an entry to NDA is 12th standard so you are not eligible to join NDA while in 11th standard.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2013, 01:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join NDA as you have not completed 12th which is its minimum educational qualification.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The candidate aspiring for NDA must be an Indian unmarried Male Having either appear for the final 12tj exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

So as you are in 11thy now it is not possible to apply for NDA, you can only apply for the same in the final year of 12th.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2013, 02:46 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Its good to see your interest towards defence services of India. NDA is the best a candidate can get in his life. They provide best of training, Best of education, Best of Location and after that best of job so its a great option if you go for India.

See every job has certain eligibility criteria and qualification needed so do NDA is,but as of now you are not at all eligible for the course.

The eligibility criteria for NDA is as follows :-

1. 16.5-19 years of age
2. No relaxation
3. Only Males candidate can apply
4. Only Indian citizen are eligible
5. Only unmarried candidate are eligible
6. Maths and Physics should be compulsory subject

Physical Requirement are as follows :-

Height :- 157.5 cm
Weight :- Not less then 50 KG
Chest :- 80 cm
Expansion :- 5 CM
Good eye sight (6/6,6/9)

As i told as of now you are not eligible but you will be eligible soon so i advice you to start preparing for the exam.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?