27th October 2011, 10:59 PM
Esai88

Can I pass IPS exam in first attempt?

I'm a MBA graduate... can i pass the IPS exam in first attempt or short period

Email:[email protected]

1st November 2011, 11:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pass IPS exam in first attempt?

It’s difficult to say whether you can pass the IPS exam within first attempt. This is an All India exam which is conducted for the civil services area. If you want to pass the IPS exam within the first attempt you need to prepare hard and thoroughly. You can refer all the previous year question papers for study. You should join any coaching institutes where in you can get to know the various short cuts cracking this exam.
3rd November 2011, 08:40 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I pass IPS exam in first attempt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esai88 View Post
I'm a MBA graduate... can i pass the IPS exam in first attempt or short period

Email:[email protected]
IPS : Indian Police Service , This is one of the prestigious Indian Civil Service. This service has high power and reputation in the social world.
To get job in this service an aspirant have to clear a Examination called Civil Service Exam This exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam is considered as most toughest exam of India.

For a little job vacancies in Indian Civil Services there will be a huge competition in Lacs .

Cracking this exam is becoming dream for All the graduates of India.
Every aspirant will given four chances to clear this exam.7 in the case of OBC applicants and No limit for SC/ST upto their max age limit i.e., 35 years.

Some aspirants will clear this in their first attempt some may do it in 2-3 attempts , there are few cases of clearing into their desired service in 4th attempt also.

There are many successful persons who did their entry into civil services in their first attempt. I think you know about Dr. Shah Faisel. He is the topper of CSE and he cleared into it right away in his first attempt.

It may not be the case with every one. Clearing this tough exam will depend on
->your dedication and will power.
->Circumstances around you.
->your IQ levels
->your Good luck will also add a bit.

if all these things favors you. I guess you will be the successful person to clear this exam and get your desired service(IPS).

Plan with perfection.
Remember a quote "Nothing is impossible if you think it is possible"

There are many people to help you around use the resources perfectly they will help you to reach your goal.

If required
don't hesitate to take coaching because it will train in some areas you don't expect while studying on your own.

I wish all success.

Regards
3rd November 2011, 10:34 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I pass IPS exam in first attempt?

Yeah sure you can.

But there are certain things you have to keep in mind, while you aim so high.

IPS - Indian Police Service is one of the most prestigious organizations in India. Being an IPS officer is not a easy task.

First of all you have to be within the age limits prescribed for it.

Moreover the seat are very very few and the no. of candidates applying are huge! So the competition is very tough.

Once you are well prepared, its not a problem for you.

And yeah, if right in the first attempt itself you have good hold of knowledge, and general awareness, you would certainly be able to crack it at once.

Ya luck also has a part in it. So pray to god, and respect your elders. Get their blessings always.

Take care.
3rd November 2011, 01:51 PM
tejesh_09

Question you have asked is very difficult to answer as to get IPS in first attempt absolutely depends on you as to how you make your self prepared for the exam.

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE is one of the Civil Services of India conducted by UPSC every year for which one with graduation degree in any discipline have to appear and clear IAS examination in maximum four chances for general candidate which will be 7 chances for OBC candidate and there is no limit for SC/ST candidate within the age group of 21 to 35 years of age.

Nothing is impossible if you have confidence to clear the civil service exam then accordingly prepare from the very beginning and if it is not possible in 1st attempt then don't get disheartened try for the next as failure is the pillar of success. So keep on trying with a definite goal to crack the exam. Goodluck
18th September 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i m an engineer and i m gud in studies but not brilliant so can i pass the ips exam???
19th September 2013, 09:34 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear................

Yes, why not you can crack IPS exam in First attempt , Indian Police Service Exam is conducted through UPSC every year , There are certain eligibility criteria which are as follows..

Educational Qualifications:

Any Graduate with minimum pass marks from recognized University can eligible to apply for this exam, The final year candidates those who are interested can also apply for this exam.

Age Limits:

The age limit is 21 years- 30 years .
For SC/ST candidates-21-35Years
OBC candidates-21-33Years.

Physical details:

The list of best books for IPS exam from where you can prepare for you exam:

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck....................
28th December 2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 th pass may i join any coaching for i p s prearation? And my height 145 cm may i select for i p s?
4th January 2014, 12:21 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Nothing is impossible. Only thing that is required to get success is proper planning and designing the best way to reach the destination with your best efforts.

The same thing will be applicable for you also.

There are some candidates who have cracked IPS Exam in their very first attempt itself.

In order to be placed in IPS, you have to crack civil services exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC every year.

By cracking this exam, the candidates can join the following civil services
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream in order to be eligible for this exam.

As you have completed MBA course, there is no problem at all for you with regard to academic qualification.

As per age criteria,
-The candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-For the candidates of SC or ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.

Check yourself whether you will come under the above mentioned age group.

There are some institutes which are offering fast track batches with related to IPS.

Better you can join and carry out preparation.

Wish you all the best.
18th May 2014, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm just appered final year exam of b.sc.it can i join coaching class?
My height is 183cm.
18th December 2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

I passed 12th(age :-17 ) and will appear in BSc. hospitality ,
Can i become the successful IPS officer in my life ?
what should i do for clearing IPS exam in 1st. attempt
I am a sports player too
i played Archery on national level
will it help in future for becoming an IPS
31st March 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

i want to pass IPS exam in 1st attempt ? how should i prepare ? which kind of books i have to read ?

without reading any books directly shal i prepare IPS exam by reading previous papers ? is possible to pass in first attempt ?
10th June 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

IT IS DIFFICULT TO PASS IN IPS EXAM BUT IF YOU WORK HARD ,YOU SURELY ATTEMPT THIS EXAM VERY WELL.IN THIS TEST ,THERE IS NO NEED OF CRAMING.

WORK HARD

BEST WISHES FOR YOU
21st February 2020, 03:35 AM
Unregistered

I passed b.tech in civil engineering, can i pass IAS exam
24th February 2020, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Yes, If you are dedicated enough then you surely can pass your IPS exam in a first go.
7th April 2020, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects are important or stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?