5th October 2015, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS exam after passing 12th with Commerce?

Hello sir I am vivek kumar ,and I have to pass 12 exam with commerce stream and I got 73%, can I apply for ips exam

5th October 2015, 11:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS exam after passing 12th with Commerce?

IPS stands for the Indian Police Services. The examination for the different services like IPS, IAS, IRS etc is called Civil Services examination.

The minimum academic qualification for the civil services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Final year bachelor's degree candidates can also apply for the exam. So you can not apply for the Civil Services examination after passing 10+2 with commerce stream. You need to complete your bachelor's degree in order to apply for the exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for the exam is 21 years.
5th October 2015, 11:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir I am vivek kumar ,and I have to pass 12 exam with commerce stream and I got 73%, can I apply for ips exam
No, you can't apply for IPS exam because you have completed 12th standard only.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
5th October 2015, 11:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification for Indian Police Service exam called Civil Services exam is graduation from a UGC recognized university or candidates studying in final year of bachelor's degree in any discipline.

After passing 12th with commerce, you are not eligible for the Civil Services examination and hence you can not apply for the exam.
6th October 2015, 01:17 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and it is one of the top civil service in India. There is no specific exam called IPS Exam in order to be placed in IPS. However there is a civil services exam which is the common written exam for all the civil services like
-IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IRS (Indian Revenue Service) etc.

I would like to update you with one more thing. The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to be eligible to apply for civil services exam is Graduation.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. There is no percentage of marks criteria.

The candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation or candidates who appeared for final year exams and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam but they should be able provide the proof of completing Graduation by the time they apply for Main Exam.

The complete selection procedure involves
Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

So,you are not eligible to apply for civil services exam after completion of your 12th class. I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the stream in which you are interested and take coaching for civil services exam from the 1st year of your Graduation itself.

The number of positions for which the civil services exam is being held are very less but the number of candidates who apply for this exam are huge. This itself reveals that there is a heavy competition for civil services.

However nothing is impossible. Please plan your civil services preparation along with your academics and crack the above mentioned selection procedure.

One should be in the age group of 21-32 years to apply for civil services exam. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidate of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Wish you all the best.
7th October 2015, 05:59 PM
RRAL

You can go for the IPS but for this you have to complete your graduation degree in any steam first.

Basically IPS is a Post which can be get by the giving an entrance exam known as CSE.Civil service exam is conducted by the Upsc every year.

It is necessary to have a graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university with nice percentages to be eligible for this exam. The age of appearing students must be in between 21 years to 32 years.

So you first have to complete your graduation degree then only you will be eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?