27th February 2017, 05:37 PM
bhawani singh gour

Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to pursue LLB course so I want to know can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any entrance exam available to study LLB after completing B.Com? Course duration of LLB?
  2. Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? Do I have to appear for any entrance exam?
  3. Can I pursue LLB after 5 years of completing class 12th without appearing for CLAT exam? -- [New]
  4. What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?
  5. Can I pursue B.Com + LLb course directly after completing class 12th without qualifying CLAT exam?
  6. Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th from Mumbai Board? How can I apply for the course and what is the fee structure?
  7. How can I prepare for LLB entrance test after completing class 12th?
  8. Should I pursue LLB course along with BA or after completing BA?
  9. Can I pursue LLB course after completing B.Com Private from Calicut University?
  10. Can I pursue LLB course after completing M.Com? Is LLB a 3 or 2 years course for a PG candidate?
  11. What is the procedure to pursue LAW after completing B.Com from ISM?
  12. What is the procedure to pursue LLB course after the completion of class 12th? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  13. Is it necessary to do 5 year Law course? Can we do it in short period of time?
  14. Can I pursue LLB after 12th with Medical Stream? Subjects enlisted in LLB?
  15. Can I study Law after my UG BSc electronics?
  16. Am I eligible to pursue five years Integrated LLB course after completing class 10th and 12th from Private?
  17. How to become a Lawyer if I am 20 years old -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is it better to take Arts after 10th for 9th ICSE student?
28th February 2017, 07:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is three year duration course after bachelor degree and five year duration course after 12th.

The integrated course is of five year duration and candidates passed 12th in any stream are eligible to appear for entrance examination to appear for entrance examination conducted by various universities for admission in course.

The minimum required aggregate and age limit to appear for examination varies with examination. You can also appear for CLAT examination to get admission in NLU's.
28th February 2017, 07:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law. You can get admission in LLB course through Common Law Admission Test. The duration of LLB course after 12th is five years. CLAT is national level exam for admission in LLB in top National Law University.

CLAT 2017 will be conducted by Chanakya Law University. You should have at least 45% marks in board exams of 10+2 to apply for CLAT 2017. The upper age limit for CLAT is 20 years for general candidates and it is 22 years for OBC and SC/ST candidate.
28th February 2017, 07:33 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue LLB course after completing class 12th. The duration of this course is five years. You can apply for CLAT which is a Common Law Admission Test.

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU

** Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur

** Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar

** Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow

** Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab

** Chanakya National Law University, Patna

** National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
28th February 2017, 07:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Bachelor of Law after 10+2.

1. Entrance examination for admission in LLB course is Common Law Admission Test.

2. You need to have at least 45% marks in board exam to apply for CLAT examination.

3. Duration of LLB course after 12th is five years and after bachelor's degree is three years.
28th February 2017, 09:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and as the name suggests same is a bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

As far as you are concerned about the duration of course then for your information basically the same course is offered in two durations depending on the educational qualification of applicant which is as below :-

I) LLB course of five years :- For students who opt for the same course after completing there Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board.

II) LLB course of three years :- For students who opt for the same course after completing their bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a student of Class 12th you will be eligible for LLB course of five years once you complete your Class 12th.

Further for pursuing the same course from top law universities like NLUs, BHU, DU etc. you need to clear their respective entrance examination like CLAT, BHU UET, DU B.A. LLB entrance examination, etc. and for details about the same examination you can refer to the official link of these entrance examination which are www.clat.ac.in, www.bhuonline.in, www.du.ac.in, etc. .
28th February 2017, 10:11 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can pursue Bachelor of law after 10+2.

There is competitive entrance exam called Common Law Admission Test to get admission in bachelor of law.

About CLAT exam:

It is conducted by National Law University.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT:

12th passed or appearing from a recognized board.

Minimum of 45% marks in 12th.

Official website of CLAT is: www.clat.ac.in.
28th February 2017, 10:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and same is a bachelor degree course after completing which you will become an advocate.

Since, you are pursuing you Class 12th and looking to pursue LLB degree course then for your information you will be eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years after completing your Class 12th.

Apart from LLB course of five years there exists a LLB course of three years for which the minimum educational requirement is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Also for pursuing the same course from top law universities like National Law Universities you will have to qualify Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ) and for details about the same you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
1st March 2017, 12:54 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative Law and as the name suggests it is professional bachelor degree course after completing which you will head towards becoming an advocate.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any subject from a recognized university.

Further as you are interested in knowing the duration of same course then there is certainly two possibilities based on the educational qualification of applicant which as mentioned below :-

* LLB course of three years for students pursuing the same course after completing their graduation degree.

* LLB course of five years for students pursuing the same course after completing their higher secondary school degree.
1st March 2017, 10:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawani singh gour View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to pursue LLB course so I want to know can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of 12th standard, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.

The course duration for LLB course is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?