27th February 2017, 05:22 PM
Dhivyaprakas

Whether JEE Main entrance exam is compulsory for getting admission in an Engineering College?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue Engineering so I want to join the best Engineering College so I want to know whether JEE Main entrance exam is compulsory for getting admission in an Engineering College? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  2. How to do lateral entry in B.Tech in DCE? I am a 3rd year student of electrical and electronics diploma
  3. Aeronautical engineering without giving any entrance exam is possible? Percentage required in HSC and compulsory entrance exams? List of government Aeronautical engineering colleges?
  4. Which subject are to choose in school if one want to study aeronautic engineer? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How much should we get in AIEEE to join PSG?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission in LD college of engineering after scoring 84 marks in JEE main exam?
  7. By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?
  8. Which colleges in Mumbai recognise the score of JEE(Main) score
  9. How can I participate for IIT examination after passing BSEB class 10th?
  10. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 again after taking admission in any engineering college this year?
  11. Is it possible to get admission in government colleges of Bangalore for doing B.Tech course?
  12. Is it compulsory to appear in JEE 2016 if appearing in MH-CET 2016?
  13. What is the last date of filling the AIEEE offline form
  14. How much marks are required in Thapar December test to get a good B.Tech branch
  15. How to do B.E automobile after completing my inter?
  16. How can I join in E&C after completing diploma in E&E course
  17. Which book is better for any engineering entrance exams? How to get success in entrance exam without attending entrance exams?
  18. Admission at VNRVJIET college, Bachupally with 71 marks in JEE Main
28th February 2017, 07:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether JEE Main entrance exam is compulsory for getting admission in an Engineering College?

No, it not compulsory to appear for Joint Entrance Examination and qualify in it for the admission in engineering courses.

Candidates after qualifying in state level engineering entrance examination or examination conducted by private colleges for admission in colleges.

Candidates not interested in JEE can appear for BITSAT, VITEEE, BCECE, WBJEE etc.
28th February 2017, 07:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether JEE Main entrance exam is compulsory for getting admission in an Engineering College?

1. The full of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. It is one entrance examination for admission in engineering college conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. There are many other entrance exams also like:

State Level engineering examination.

Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test.

VIT Engineering Entrance Exam.

SRMEEE etc.

2. For all these exams, you should have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
28th February 2017, 08:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join IIT's and NIT's and some of the other institutes then it is necessary to appear as well as to qualify in examination.

But, if you want to get admission in best private colleges then you can get admission after qualifying in examination of the respective institutions such as VITEEE, BITSAT.

Even the admission in some state government colleges is offered through state entrance examination.
28th February 2017, 10:31 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

If you want to join the best engineering college then you will have to apply for JEE and clear its both stages JEE main and Advanced for getting admission in National Institute of Technology and Indian institute of Technology.

NITs and IITs are considered to be the best engineering college in India.

Some other exams of engineering admission is state level engineering entrance exam, SRM Engineering Entrance Exam, VITEEE etc.
1st March 2017, 12:56 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Joint Entrance Examination is compulsory for getting admission top engineering colleges of India like NIT, IITs.

Without this examination, you can not get admission in top engineering colleges, you will have to clear this exam to get admission in the best engineering college.
1st March 2017, 08:15 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, JEE Main examination is not compulsory for getting admission in Engineering college. But, if you are interested to pursue your Engineering course from NITs/ IITs, it is mandatory that you need to appear in JEE Main examination. Different engineering colleges follow different admission procedures and some of them offer admissions in Engineering course through National or State or University level engineering entrance examination. So, if you have any idea about the college where you wish to pursue Engineering course, I suggest you to contact the respective college administration or visit university official website to know whether you have to or not appear in JEE Main examination.
1st March 2017, 10:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhivyaprakas View Post
Respected Sir, I want to pursue Engineering so I want to join the best Engineering College so I want to know whether JEE Main entrance exam is compulsory for getting admission in an Engineering College? Please answer as soon as possible.
JEE Main exam is conducted for NIT and IIT's admission. Even you can apply for others engineering college.

Every state conduced their own entrance exam for admission engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?