5th July 2012, 04:35 PM
lovelakshi

Can I pursue MCA after completion of BBA?

can i pursue mca after completion bba....please tell me can I pursue it

21st July 2012, 05:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA after completion of BBA?

Yes, you can pursue MCA after BBA. But this is possible only if you have studied mathematics as a subject in 12th class. Graduation with mathematics as a subject either in 12th/graduation is the basic eligibility for MCA course. Selection to the course is carried out on the basis of entrance test. Details on admission can be collected from the official website of the concerned college.
21st July 2012, 09:41 PM
bhagyaraj1

yes u can

Eligibility for joining BBA Course:

Admission to the BBA course is done by most of the universities based on the marks secured by the students in the higher secondary examination. Candidates with higher marks are given preference in most of the institutions. Even some colleges conduct admission test for admitting students to the BBA course based on the norms issued by the affiliating university. Most of the government colleges reserve certain percentage of BBA seats to candidates belonging to SC/ST category according to the norms of the state government.

Government Jobs for BBA graduates:

Not only private sector undertakings, but also government organizations open a wide door for BBA graduates. Recently, some of the government organizations like Jan Shikshan Sansthan, ISRO, GLPC and Tuberclosis Association of India called for BBA graduates for different positions.

The state-wise list of government colleges offering this course in India is given below:

Kerala:

• Government Brennen College, Kannur

• Sree Neelakanta Government Sanskrit College, Palakkad

• Government College, Mokeri

Punjab:

• Government Arts & Sports College, Jalandhar

Tamil Nadu:

• A.A. Government Arts College for Men, Namakkal

• A.A. Government Arts College, Attur

• Alagappa Government Arts College, Karaikudi

• Government College for Women, Sivagangai

• Government Arts College, Trichy

• Government Arts College, Thiruvannamalai

• Government Arts College, Salem

• Government Arts College, Paramakudi

• Government Arts College, Dharmapuri

• Government Arts College for Women, Krishnagiri

• Government Arts College for Men, Krishnagiri

Pondicherry:

• Perunthalaivar Government Arts College, Pondicherry

all the best
21st July 2012, 11:10 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semesterYes, you can pursue MCA after completion of BBA as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

2. You should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .

3. You should have Mathematics in 12th standard ( or ) Bachelor degree then only your eligible for MCA course .

Every Institution may conduct entrance Examination within the college . You should qualified in Entrance Examination in Entrance Examination . If your score good percentage of marks in Entrance Examination then you may get admission for MCA course in reputed college .

The Entrance Examination is an Objective type with Multiple choice . Some college may also conduct descriptive test . The Examination pattern for MCA Entrance Examination consist of English Language , Reasoning , Mathematics etc..

The Selection procedure for MCA course is based on the Written Examination , and Interview which is conducted by the Institution .
22nd July 2012, 12:32 AM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: Can I pursue MCA after completion of BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelakshi View Post
can i pursue mca after completion bba....please tell me can I pursue it
HI FRIEND,

YES, YOU CAN JOIN IN MCA AFTER COMPLETION OF BBA

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Eligibility for MCA (6 semesters):

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Bachelor Degree passed with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer recommended subject as one of the subjects in the Degree of 12 th level.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]ANNA UNIVERSITY

HE./ She should conduct the Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by Anna University.
Date of Entrance Test: 29.07.2012, 10 am to 12:00 noon at Chennai only.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]

ALL THE BEST...
[/FONT]
22nd July 2012, 01:45 AM

Hi friend....
Yes.....you can pursue MCA . But this is possible only if you have studied MPC as a subject in 12th class. Graduation with mathematics as a subject either in 12th/graduation is the basic eligibility for MCA course. Selection to the course is carried out on the basis of entrance test. Details on admission can be collected from the official website of the concerned college.

I wish you all the success
22nd July 2012, 11:13 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue MCA.

It is a three course and much in demand among students these days due to the job opportunities it provides.

If you have completed BBA, BCA or B.Com then you can apply for this course. Even science students are also eligible to apply for this course.

It is important to have mathematics as one of the main subject at 10+2 level.

There is no age criteria as far as pursuing this course is concerned.

If you can secure a healthy 60 percent of marks at graduation level then you can apply for this course.

In MCA various specializations are available. During the final year you can get to specialize in one of the following subject: application software, hardware technology, trouble shooting, internet, system management, software development networking, engineering etc.

The admission procedure generally varies from one college to the other. The top notch colleges generally conducts an entrance exam.

List of MCA entrance exam:

All India MCA Common Entrance Test
Banaras Hindu University
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
Punjab University MCA Entrance
National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test
Rajasthan Master of Computer Applications Admission Test

For the written exam questions comes from the following sections:

General Awareness
Analytical and logical reasoning
Computer awareness
Mathematics

Top MCA Institutions:

NIET School of Computer Science & Applications, Greater Noida(NCR)

Institute of Business Management & Research -Pune

Chandigarh Business School - Punjab(Mohali)

Lovely Professional University - Punjab (Jalandhar)

Nirma University, Gujarat

Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology (NIET), Greater Noida
3rd August 2012, 02:45 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

YES, you can join MCA after completing your BBA but for that you had completed your 12th with mathematics.

ELIGIBILITY FOR MCA

=> A candidate complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

=> A candidate should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in Bachelor degree .

=> A candidate should have Mathematics in 12th standard ( or ) Bachelor degree then only your eligible for MCA course .

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?